I posted on here before about suggestions for places out west to stay in cabins & everyone was so helpful! One of the suggestions was Lake Tahoe and there were some great prices on cabin rentals when I did a bit of research so Lake Tahoe it is! Weve narrowed it down to two options- one on the north side of the lake and one in South Lake Tahoe. Neither my fiance nor I have ever been out there before and we are really excited!
Which side of the lake is better to stay on? We dont gamble and were not huge on club kind of nightlife, but we do like good restaurants and getting outside. We are also looking for suggestions on places to hit while hiking and whether some easy biking trails are available. Are there any absolutely MUST SEE kind of places around the lake for views,hiking, and picnics?
Fiance is huge on off-roading so we may try to rent a Jeep or ATVS for a day and try to hit trails too-- suggestions on where to do that/best places to rent those vehicles from? Is this even possible in late September weather-wise? (We dont mind the cold at ALL- a hot tropical honeymoon location was never even discussed. haha!
Thanks for all the help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Classic masters
- 2 Steamboat in August
- 3 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 4 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 5 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 6 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 7 Cape cod Labor Day
- 8 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 9 US Open Tennis
- 10 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 11 Hawaii with limited time
- 12 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 13 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 14 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 15 Grand Teton Questions
- 16 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 17 Your favourite places in New York City
- 18 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 19 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 20 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 21 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 22 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 23 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 24 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 25 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
Lake Tahoe Honeymoon- Late September Activities Tips Needed!