I posted on here before about suggestions for places out west to stay in cabins & everyone was so helpful! One of the suggestions was Lake Tahoe and there were some great prices on cabin rentals when I did a bit of research so Lake Tahoe it is! Weve narrowed it down to two options- one on the north side of the lake and one in South Lake Tahoe. Neither my fiance nor I have ever been out there before and we are really excited!
Which side of the lake is better to stay on? We dont gamble and were not huge on club kind of nightlife, but we do like good restaurants and getting outside. We are also looking for suggestions on places to hit while hiking and whether some easy biking trails are available. Are there any absolutely MUST SEE kind of places around the lake for views,hiking, and picnics?
Fiance is huge on off-roading so we may try to rent a Jeep or ATVS for a day and try to hit trails too-- suggestions on where to do that/best places to rent those vehicles from? Is this even possible in late September weather-wise? (We dont mind the cold at ALL- a hot tropical honeymoon location was never even discussed. haha!
Thanks for all the help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 2 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 3 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 4 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 5 flagstaff
- 6 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 7 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 8 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 9 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 10 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 11 Carrizo Plain National Monument Wildflower "Superbloom"
- 12 Austin, Hotel
- 13 US Trip
- 14 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 15 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 16 Bryce and Zion planning
- 17 Maui - luau question
- 18 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 19 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 20 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 21 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 22 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 23 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 24 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 25 June trip to Colorado HELP
Lake Tahoe Honeymoon- Late September Activities Tips Needed!