I posted on here before about suggestions for places out west to stay in cabins & everyone was so helpful! One of the suggestions was Lake Tahoe and there were some great prices on cabin rentals when I did a bit of research so Lake Tahoe it is! Weve narrowed it down to two options- one on the north side of the lake and one in South Lake Tahoe. Neither my fiance nor I have ever been out there before and we are really excited!
Which side of the lake is better to stay on? We dont gamble and were not huge on club kind of nightlife, but we do like good restaurants and getting outside. We are also looking for suggestions on places to hit while hiking and whether some easy biking trails are available. Are there any absolutely MUST SEE kind of places around the lake for views,hiking, and picnics?
Fiance is huge on off-roading so we may try to rent a Jeep or ATVS for a day and try to hit trails too-- suggestions on where to do that/best places to rent those vehicles from? Is this even possible in late September weather-wise? (We dont mind the cold at ALL- a hot tropical honeymoon location was never even discussed. haha!
Thanks for all the help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 2 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 3 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 4 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 5 From Newark to Manhattan
- 6 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 7 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 8 Acadia National Park
- 9 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 10 Monument Valley
- 11 A few reviews from our Santa Monica/Disneyland trip
- 12 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 13 driving RT 66
- 14 once in a lifetime
- 15 North California/South Oregon
- 16 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 17 Hotels Houston
- 18 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 19 Birthday vacation ideas
- 20 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 21 Mackinac Island--which is worse-too long or too short?
- 22 Long Weekend in Denver
- 23 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 24 Big Island: Mauna Kea with kids?
- 25 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
Lake Tahoe Honeymoon- Late September Activities Tips Needed!