My husband and I and our 2 college-age daughters are planning about 5 nights in the Lake Tahoe area in July-- but I am totally confused about which area to stay in. We're not interested in casinos or shopping (except for souvenirs) but would love to enjoy the lake, scenery, bicycling, pool/ hot tub, rafting or kayaking, seeing the local sights. Any recommendations for specific area and lodging? Thanks so much---
Lake Tahoe-- where to stay, north or south?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 3 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 4 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 5 charleston during Christmas Week
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 7 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 8 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 9 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 10 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?