Hello all. I am considering planning a trip to The French Quarter for spring of 2015. I see there is a festival April 9-12, but I suspect it may be difficult to get reservations during this time period already. We have a 12 and 14 year old. Are most of the festivals "anything goes" like Mardi Gras? I would love for them to be experience this amazing area of the U.S. without the adult party aspect. : ) . My other thought was to go in mid March. Any thoughts on family friendly ,but interesting things to do and to festival or not to festival?
Laissez les bon temps rouler?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California & French Polynesia
- 2 General Utah planning questions
- 3 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 4 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 5 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Dining in Manhattan
- 8 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 9 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 10 American Honeymoon in March
- 11 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 12 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 13 How to dress in Vegas
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 17 St Patrick's renovations
- 18 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 21 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 22 From Seattle airport to the city
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015