Hello all. I am considering planning a trip to The French Quarter for spring of 2015. I see there is a festival April 9-12, but I suspect it may be difficult to get reservations during this time period already. We have a 12 and 14 year old. Are most of the festivals "anything goes" like Mardi Gras? I would love for them to be experience this amazing area of the U.S. without the adult party aspect. : ) . My other thought was to go in mid March. Any thoughts on family friendly ,but interesting things to do and to festival or not to festival?
Laissez les bon temps rouler?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 2 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 3 Colorado Skiing
- 4 American Honeymoon in March
- 5 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 6 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 7 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 8 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 9 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 10 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 11 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 12 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 13 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 14 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 17 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 18 From Seattle airport to the city
- 19 Middle America in October
- 20 New York City Christmas Trip
- 21 visit to HIghLine
- 22 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 23 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 24 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 25 4 week family trip ideas