I have family coming from out of the country, and I'm trying to plan a nice west coast trip for us all.
We are planing to leave Sunday April 17th and be back in LA by Friday the 22nd.
I thought about going on Hyw 101 and stop at santa Barbara; solvang Monterey Carmel, and arrive to SF on Monday, have a day /two at SF and go to Yosemite park stay a night there and come back to LA.
I need advice on where to stop for the night, where to go and really plan the whole thing.
i was working on something and i would like to get your opinion if it is reasonable and doable;
Sun- leave LA to Santa Barbara, Solvang San Simeon (stay a night)
Mon- hearst castle first tour and go to Monterrey (aquarium) and continue to SF
Wed- Yosemite National Park ( where should we go, stay???)
Thurs- leave early evening and head back to LA
does that sound ok???
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 2 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 3 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 4 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 5 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 6 Trail Ridge Road info please
- 7 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 8 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 9 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 10 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 11 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 12 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 13 New Orleans and Slidell
- 14 Pacific coast road trip
- 15 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 16 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 17 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 18 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 19 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 20 Back From Alaska
- 21 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 22 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 23 Two days out of Seattle
- 24 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 25 MN Family Hits Black Hills and Beyond