My girlfriend and I planned this wonderful trip to spend 3 nights in LA, 2 nights in Santa Barbara, and then take our time driving up Big Sur to Monterrey for a night and into 3 nights in SF before flying back home to Canada.
We were *really* excited about the Big Sur, but, thanks to the recent landslide thats closed off the entire Big Sur from the south (which was reported literally HOURS after we booked our tickets), we've had to reconsider our trip.
We were thinking that we would scrap Monterrey, but we are split between booking a night at Pismo Beach, or rearrange to add an extra night near Manhattan beach just to chill out at the beach (we thought about Santa Monica but it looked like too much of a carnival for us).
So.... two questions: if you had to chose between a night near MB or pismo beach, which would you choose? Or is there anywhere else you would recommend?
Second, is it reasonable to drive from Santa Barbara to Hearst Castle, take a tour, and continue to drive up the 101 into SF in one day? Or is that overly ambitious?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 Days in LV
- 2 Las Vegas for a second timer
- 3 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 4 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 5 Help with parking at Staten Island ferry
- 6 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 7 Michigan advice needed
- 8 October in Colorado
- 9 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 10 Yosemite Valley showers
- 11 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 12 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 13 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 14 LegoLand Florida
- 15 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 16 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 17 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 18 Digital Camera Recommendation
- 19 louisiana bayou
- 20 SF Cable Cars
- 21 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 22 Mobile Suggestions
- 23 Napa winery tour that doesn't require walking? (Eldery person in our group)
- 24 One day in Dallas
- 25 Biking and Swimming on Siesta Key