My girlfriend and I planned this wonderful trip to spend 3 nights in LA, 2 nights in Santa Barbara, and then take our time driving up Big Sur to Monterrey for a night and into 3 nights in SF before flying back home to Canada.
We were *really* excited about the Big Sur, but, thanks to the recent landslide thats closed off the entire Big Sur from the south (which was reported literally HOURS after we booked our tickets), we've had to reconsider our trip.
We were thinking that we would scrap Monterrey, but we are split between booking a night at Pismo Beach, or rearrange to add an extra night near Manhattan beach just to chill out at the beach (we thought about Santa Monica but it looked like too much of a carnival for us).
So.... two questions: if you had to chose between a night near MB or pismo beach, which would you choose? Or is there anywhere else you would recommend?
Second, is it reasonable to drive from Santa Barbara to Hearst Castle, take a tour, and continue to drive up the 101 into SF in one day? Or is that overly ambitious?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 2 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 3 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 4 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 5 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 6 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 7 Northern California Redwoods
- 8 Seaside, California
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 11 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 12 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 13 Denali
- 14 JFK Terminal 8
- 15 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 16 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 17 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 18 Maine in May?
- 19 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 20 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 21 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 22 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 23 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 24 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 25 Bed and Breakfast