My girlfriend and I planned this wonderful trip to spend 3 nights in LA, 2 nights in Santa Barbara, and then take our time driving up Big Sur to Monterrey for a night and into 3 nights in SF before flying back home to Canada.
We were *really* excited about the Big Sur, but, thanks to the recent landslide thats closed off the entire Big Sur from the south (which was reported literally HOURS after we booked our tickets), we've had to reconsider our trip.
We were thinking that we would scrap Monterrey, but we are split between booking a night at Pismo Beach, or rearrange to add an extra night near Manhattan beach just to chill out at the beach (we thought about Santa Monica but it looked like too much of a carnival for us).
So.... two questions: if you had to chose between a night near MB or pismo beach, which would you choose? Or is there anywhere else you would recommend?
Second, is it reasonable to drive from Santa Barbara to Hearst Castle, take a tour, and continue to drive up the 101 into SF in one day? Or is that overly ambitious?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 U.S) YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:844:669:7811 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 3 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 4 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 5 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 6 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 7 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 8 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 9 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 10 Where can I get the best glaciers experience?
- 11 Family Trip advice please?!
- 12 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 13 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 14 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 15 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 16 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 17 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 18 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 19 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 20 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 21 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 22 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 23 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 24 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 25 Roadtrippin on Route 66