I'm about to leave for San Diego, staying at the Hilton Gaslamp for 5 days (Sunday through Friday, Feb 5 through 11) then a night in La Jolla at(Saturday, Feb 11), staying right by th e Cove.
I'll be in a course so days are out for restaurants in downtown but what are good trendy restaurants in the gaslamp that's exceptional without being too expensive (monday through wednesday eating solo) and something late (10ish) on Thurday night.
For Friday night, I wanted to get the water taxi across to Coronado for a romantic dinner (my honey is meeting me up forthe weekend). Any suggestions?
For La Jolla, I love George's at the Cove and I really want to have lunch at the Terrace because of the al fresco factor but also thinking sunset dinner would be really nice. I can't decide. Any suggestions on places with similar great views for dinner or lunch? Also, any suggestions for a quick brunch after kayaking on sunday before the flight home at 2:55?
I'm thinking for the Friday and Saturday evening dinners to be $100-$150 per couple with wine included?
I would appreciate any input. Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 2 Uber boston
- 3 Boston Airport Hotels
- 4 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 5 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 6 Colorado Itinerary
- 7 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 8 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 9 What is there to do on MAUI
- 10 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 11 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 12 Grand Teton National Park Review
- 13 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 14 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 15 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 16 Any Sanibel experts?
- 17 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 18 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 19 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 20 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 21 Hawaii Help
- 22 Summer in Michigan
- 23 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 24 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 25 NYC 30th birhday ideas