I'm about to leave for San Diego, staying at the Hilton Gaslamp for 5 days (Sunday through Friday, Feb 5 through 11) then a night in La Jolla at(Saturday, Feb 11), staying right by th e Cove.
I'll be in a course so days are out for restaurants in downtown but what are good trendy restaurants in the gaslamp that's exceptional without being too expensive (monday through wednesday eating solo) and something late (10ish) on Thurday night.
For Friday night, I wanted to get the water taxi across to Coronado for a romantic dinner (my honey is meeting me up forthe weekend). Any suggestions?
For La Jolla, I love George's at the Cove and I really want to have lunch at the Terrace because of the al fresco factor but also thinking sunset dinner would be really nice. I can't decide. Any suggestions on places with similar great views for dinner or lunch? Also, any suggestions for a quick brunch after kayaking on sunday before the flight home at 2:55?
I'm thinking for the Friday and Saturday evening dinners to be $100-$150 per couple with wine included?
I would appreciate any input. Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 2 Maui - luau question
- 3 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 4 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 5 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 6 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 7 Zurich airport connections
- 8 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 9 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 10 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 11 Miami airport--safety??
- 12 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 13 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 14 Things to do in Toronto
- 15 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 16 How Much??-Taxi from Atlanta airport to Emory University
- 17 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 18 US whole month of January where to
- 19 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 20 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 21 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 22 Recent Spam Attacks
- 23 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 24 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 25 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River