I'm about to leave for San Diego, staying at the Hilton Gaslamp for 5 days (Sunday through Friday, Feb 5 through 11) then a night in La Jolla at(Saturday, Feb 11), staying right by th e Cove.
I'll be in a course so days are out for restaurants in downtown but what are good trendy restaurants in the gaslamp that's exceptional without being too expensive (monday through wednesday eating solo) and something late (10ish) on Thurday night.
For Friday night, I wanted to get the water taxi across to Coronado for a romantic dinner (my honey is meeting me up forthe weekend). Any suggestions?
For La Jolla, I love George's at the Cove and I really want to have lunch at the Terrace because of the al fresco factor but also thinking sunset dinner would be really nice. I can't decide. Any suggestions on places with similar great views for dinner or lunch? Also, any suggestions for a quick brunch after kayaking on sunday before the flight home at 2:55?
I'm thinking for the Friday and Saturday evening dinners to be $100-$150 per couple with wine included?
I would appreciate any input. Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 disneyland
- 2 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 3 Arizona in winter
- 4 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 5 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 6 Key West
- 7 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 8 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 9 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 10 Las Vegas Vacation
- 11 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 12 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 13 moving to Florida
- 14 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 15 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 16 DC restaurant report
- 17 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 18 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 19 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 20 Northern California Redwoods
- 21 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 22 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 23 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 24 Neue Galerie
- 25 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!