This Thursday through Sun I will be entertaining 2 women who will be staying in Marina del Rey, CA. Ages 50 & 75. The forecast for those days: RAIN! So here I am, looking for suggestions for indoor things to see & do. (Please also join in with suggestions for other things of general interest).
The 75 yr old has never been to LA, is Catholic, Republican, and a good walker. Why do I mention these weird details? Because I'm considering visits to:
The Reagan Museum (but...going to the valley...ugh)
Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills (will probably "do" Rodeo Drive, so nearby)
The WB or Sony studio tour (Leaning towards Sony because it's closer)
Or maybe just a bus tour. Greyline?
Comments on the above? Other ideas?
The 75 yr. old is not very intellectual or sophisticated, so I don't think she'd enjoy the Getty or LACMA. She'd like stereotypical "Old Hollywood" attractions I think.
Something like seeing Leno (alas, he's gone) or Ellen de Generes (tickets not available) would probably have been a thrill for her.
Finally, I need a suggestion for a restaurant around Marina del Rey/Venice/Santa Monica. This will be a birthday dinner for a 21 yr old, a 50 yr old man, plus the 2 ladies above. Something with LA flavor, not more expensive than Cheesecake Factory range, some variety in the menu (or else good Mexican maybe). They are not into Thai or Chinese, & probably not Indian or Vietnamese. Is Tony P's a good option?
Thanking you all in advance. Can't tell you how much I've benefited from Fodorites over the years. I have read the prior threads on my topics, but most are pretty old (especially for restaurant recommendations).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 2 http://newhealthsupplement.com/raw-power-xl/
- 3 http://newhealthsupplement.com/raw-power-xl/
- 4 http://www.kingsizemaleenhancements.com/raw-power-xl/
- 5 Accidental Trip to DC
- 6 San Francisco In Dec
- 7 http://newhealthsupplement.com/raw-power-xl/
- 8 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 9 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 10 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 11 Theatre, music outside on a summer night in NYC?
- 12 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 13 We love Boston...
- 14 Glacier National Park in September
- 15 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 16 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 17 Depot Bay OR
- 18 World's Longest Yard Sale - don't go!
- 19 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 20 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 21 trip to Charlettesville VA
- 22 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 23 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 24 New Software
- 25 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
LA Fun, & Restaurants for an older, Catholic Republican lady?