This Thursday through Sun I will be entertaining 2 women who will be staying in Marina del Rey, CA. Ages 50 & 75. The forecast for those days: RAIN! So here I am, looking for suggestions for indoor things to see & do. (Please also join in with suggestions for other things of general interest).
The 75 yr old has never been to LA, is Catholic, Republican, and a good walker. Why do I mention these weird details? Because I'm considering visits to:
The Reagan Museum (but...going to the valley...ugh)
Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills (will probably "do" Rodeo Drive, so nearby)
The WB or Sony studio tour (Leaning towards Sony because it's closer)
Or maybe just a bus tour. Greyline?
Comments on the above? Other ideas?
The 75 yr. old is not very intellectual or sophisticated, so I don't think she'd enjoy the Getty or LACMA. She'd like stereotypical "Old Hollywood" attractions I think.
Something like seeing Leno (alas, he's gone) or Ellen de Generes (tickets not available) would probably have been a thrill for her.
Finally, I need a suggestion for a restaurant around Marina del Rey/Venice/Santa Monica. This will be a birthday dinner for a 21 yr old, a 50 yr old man, plus the 2 ladies above. Something with LA flavor, not more expensive than Cheesecake Factory range, some variety in the menu (or else good Mexican maybe). They are not into Thai or Chinese, & probably not Indian or Vietnamese. Is Tony P's a good option?
Thanking you all in advance. Can't tell you how much I've benefited from Fodorites over the years. I have read the prior threads on my topics, but most are pretty old (especially for restaurant recommendations).
LA Fun, & Restaurants for an older, Catholic Republican lady?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best places to move to Florida?
- 2 West Coast Bound End of March
- 3 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 4 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 5 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 6 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 7 Oahu ideas
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Death Valley in June
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 15 San Diego grocery stores
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 21 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 22 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?