This Thursday through Sun I will be entertaining 2 women who will be staying in Marina del Rey, CA. Ages 50 & 75. The forecast for those days: RAIN! So here I am, looking for suggestions for indoor things to see & do. (Please also join in with suggestions for other things of general interest).
The 75 yr old has never been to LA, is Catholic, Republican, and a good walker. Why do I mention these weird details? Because I'm considering visits to:
The Reagan Museum (but...going to the valley...ugh)
Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills (will probably "do" Rodeo Drive, so nearby)
The WB or Sony studio tour (Leaning towards Sony because it's closer)
Or maybe just a bus tour. Greyline?
Comments on the above? Other ideas?
The 75 yr. old is not very intellectual or sophisticated, so I don't think she'd enjoy the Getty or LACMA. She'd like stereotypical "Old Hollywood" attractions I think.
Something like seeing Leno (alas, he's gone) or Ellen de Generes (tickets not available) would probably have been a thrill for her.
Finally, I need a suggestion for a restaurant around Marina del Rey/Venice/Santa Monica. This will be a birthday dinner for a 21 yr old, a 50 yr old man, plus the 2 ladies above. Something with LA flavor, not more expensive than Cheesecake Factory range, some variety in the menu (or else good Mexican maybe). They are not into Thai or Chinese, & probably not Indian or Vietnamese. Is Tony P's a good option?
Thanking you all in advance. Can't tell you how much I've benefited from Fodorites over the years. I have read the prior threads on my topics, but most are pretty old (especially for restaurant recommendations).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Noxster | LosAngeles SEO Services
- 2 Chic Womens Clothing
- 3 Colorado Hiking in September
- 4 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 5 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 6 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 7 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 8 Traveling with an infant
- 9 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 10 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 11 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 12 Key West, FL
- 13 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 14 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 15 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 16 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 17 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 18 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 19 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 20 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 21 driving RT 66
- 22 Birthday vacation ideas
- 23 From Newark to Manhattan
- 24 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 25 Relocating to Washington DC
LA Fun, & Restaurants for an older, Catholic Republican lady?