This Thursday through Sun I will be entertaining 2 women who will be staying in Marina del Rey, CA. Ages 50 & 75. The forecast for those days: RAIN! So here I am, looking for suggestions for indoor things to see & do. (Please also join in with suggestions for other things of general interest).
The 75 yr old has never been to LA, is Catholic, Republican, and a good walker. Why do I mention these weird details? Because I'm considering visits to:
The Reagan Museum (but...going to the valley...ugh)
Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills (will probably "do" Rodeo Drive, so nearby)
The WB or Sony studio tour (Leaning towards Sony because it's closer)
Or maybe just a bus tour. Greyline?
Comments on the above? Other ideas?
The 75 yr. old is not very intellectual or sophisticated, so I don't think she'd enjoy the Getty or LACMA. She'd like stereotypical "Old Hollywood" attractions I think.
Something like seeing Leno (alas, he's gone) or Ellen de Generes (tickets not available) would probably have been a thrill for her.
Finally, I need a suggestion for a restaurant around Marina del Rey/Venice/Santa Monica. This will be a birthday dinner for a 21 yr old, a 50 yr old man, plus the 2 ladies above. Something with LA flavor, not more expensive than Cheesecake Factory range, some variety in the menu (or else good Mexican maybe). They are not into Thai or Chinese, & probably not Indian or Vietnamese. Is Tony P's a good option?
Thanking you all in advance. Can't tell you how much I've benefited from Fodorites over the years. I have read the prior threads on my topics, but most are pretty old (especially for restaurant recommendations).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 2 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 3 blue ridge parkway?
- 4 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 5 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 6 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 7 Wedding gifts?
- 8 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 9 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 10 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 11 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 12 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 13 Seattle Ho
- 14 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 15 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 16 November redwoods trip
- 17 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 18 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 19 First Trip to New Mexico
- 20 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 21 Southern history- walkable cities
- 22 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 23 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 24 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 25 Suggestions Buffalo NY
LA Fun, & Restaurants for an older, Catholic Republican lady?