This Thursday through Sun I will be entertaining 2 women who will be staying in Marina del Rey, CA. Ages 50 & 75. The forecast for those days: RAIN! So here I am, looking for suggestions for indoor things to see & do. (Please also join in with suggestions for other things of general interest).
The 75 yr old has never been to LA, is Catholic, Republican, and a good walker. Why do I mention these weird details? Because I'm considering visits to:
The Reagan Museum (but...going to the valley...ugh)
Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills (will probably "do" Rodeo Drive, so nearby)
The WB or Sony studio tour (Leaning towards Sony because it's closer)
Or maybe just a bus tour. Greyline?
Comments on the above? Other ideas?
The 75 yr. old is not very intellectual or sophisticated, so I don't think she'd enjoy the Getty or LACMA. She'd like stereotypical "Old Hollywood" attractions I think.
Something like seeing Leno (alas, he's gone) or Ellen de Generes (tickets not available) would probably have been a thrill for her.
Finally, I need a suggestion for a restaurant around Marina del Rey/Venice/Santa Monica. This will be a birthday dinner for a 21 yr old, a 50 yr old man, plus the 2 ladies above. Something with LA flavor, not more expensive than Cheesecake Factory range, some variety in the menu (or else good Mexican maybe). They are not into Thai or Chinese, & probably not Indian or Vietnamese. Is Tony P's a good option?
Thanking you all in advance. Can't tell you how much I've benefited from Fodorites over the years. I have read the prior threads on my topics, but most are pretty old (especially for restaurant recommendations).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 2 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 3 http://cluesforhealth.com/garcinia-cambogia-plus/
- 4 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 5 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 6 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 7 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 8 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 9 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 10 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 11 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 12 Great OR beach house locations?
- 13 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 14 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 15 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 16 Ideas for New York
- 17 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 18 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 19 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 20 No Spam this morning!!
- 21 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 22 Honeymoon on PCH
- 23 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 24 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 25 San Francisco transit options
LA Fun, & Restaurants for an older, Catholic Republican lady?