This Thursday through Sun I will be entertaining 2 women who will be staying in Marina del Rey, CA. Ages 50 & 75. The forecast for those days: RAIN! So here I am, looking for suggestions for indoor things to see & do. (Please also join in with suggestions for other things of general interest).
The 75 yr old has never been to LA, is Catholic, Republican, and a good walker. Why do I mention these weird details? Because I'm considering visits to:
The Reagan Museum (but...going to the valley...ugh)
Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills (will probably "do" Rodeo Drive, so nearby)
The WB or Sony studio tour (Leaning towards Sony because it's closer)
Or maybe just a bus tour. Greyline?
Comments on the above? Other ideas?
The 75 yr. old is not very intellectual or sophisticated, so I don't think she'd enjoy the Getty or LACMA. She'd like stereotypical "Old Hollywood" attractions I think.
Something like seeing Leno (alas, he's gone) or Ellen de Generes (tickets not available) would probably have been a thrill for her.
Finally, I need a suggestion for a restaurant around Marina del Rey/Venice/Santa Monica. This will be a birthday dinner for a 21 yr old, a 50 yr old man, plus the 2 ladies above. Something with LA flavor, not more expensive than Cheesecake Factory range, some variety in the menu (or else good Mexican maybe). They are not into Thai or Chinese, & probably not Indian or Vietnamese. Is Tony P's a good option?
Thanking you all in advance. Can't tell you how much I've benefited from Fodorites over the years. I have read the prior threads on my topics, but most are pretty old (especially for restaurant recommendations).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 2 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 3 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 4 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 5 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 6 Northwest Car Trip
- 7 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 8 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 9 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 10 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 11 Northwest Passage
- 12 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 13 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 14 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 15 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 16 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 17 Sonoma
- 18 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 19 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 20 Alaska cruise
- 21 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 22 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 23 101 closure
- 24 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 25 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
LA Fun, & Restaurants for an older, Catholic Republican lady?