This Thursday through Sun I will be entertaining 2 women who will be staying in Marina del Rey, CA. Ages 50 & 75. The forecast for those days: RAIN! So here I am, looking for suggestions for indoor things to see & do. (Please also join in with suggestions for other things of general interest).
The 75 yr old has never been to LA, is Catholic, Republican, and a good walker. Why do I mention these weird details? Because I'm considering visits to:
The Reagan Museum (but...going to the valley...ugh)
Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills (will probably "do" Rodeo Drive, so nearby)
The WB or Sony studio tour (Leaning towards Sony because it's closer)
Or maybe just a bus tour. Greyline?
Comments on the above? Other ideas?
The 75 yr. old is not very intellectual or sophisticated, so I don't think she'd enjoy the Getty or LACMA. She'd like stereotypical "Old Hollywood" attractions I think.
Something like seeing Leno (alas, he's gone) or Ellen de Generes (tickets not available) would probably have been a thrill for her.
Finally, I need a suggestion for a restaurant around Marina del Rey/Venice/Santa Monica. This will be a birthday dinner for a 21 yr old, a 50 yr old man, plus the 2 ladies above. Something with LA flavor, not more expensive than Cheesecake Factory range, some variety in the menu (or else good Mexican maybe). They are not into Thai or Chinese, & probably not Indian or Vietnamese. Is Tony P's a good option?
Thanking you all in advance. Can't tell you how much I've benefited from Fodorites over the years. I have read the prior threads on my topics, but most are pretty old (especially for restaurant recommendations).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 2 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 3 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 4 Las Vegas for a second timer
- 5 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 6 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 7 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 8 4 Days in LV
- 9 SF to Monterey to Yosemite
- 10 One day in Dallas
- 11 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 12 Digital Camera Recommendation
- 13 Biloxi Suggestions
- 14 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 15 Michigan advice needed
- 16 louisiana bayou
- 17 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 18 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 19 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 20 Help with parking at Staten Island ferry
- 21 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 22 October in Colorado
- 23 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 24 Yosemite Valley showers
- 25 LegoLand Florida
LA Fun, & Restaurants for an older, Catholic Republican lady?