This Thursday through Sun I will be entertaining 2 women who will be staying in Marina del Rey, CA. Ages 50 & 75. The forecast for those days: RAIN! So here I am, looking for suggestions for indoor things to see & do. (Please also join in with suggestions for other things of general interest).
The 75 yr old has never been to LA, is Catholic, Republican, and a good walker. Why do I mention these weird details? Because I'm considering visits to:
The Reagan Museum (but...going to the valley...ugh)
Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills (will probably "do" Rodeo Drive, so nearby)
The WB or Sony studio tour (Leaning towards Sony because it's closer)
Or maybe just a bus tour. Greyline?
Comments on the above? Other ideas?
The 75 yr. old is not very intellectual or sophisticated, so I don't think she'd enjoy the Getty or LACMA. She'd like stereotypical "Old Hollywood" attractions I think.
Something like seeing Leno (alas, he's gone) or Ellen de Generes (tickets not available) would probably have been a thrill for her.
Finally, I need a suggestion for a restaurant around Marina del Rey/Venice/Santa Monica. This will be a birthday dinner for a 21 yr old, a 50 yr old man, plus the 2 ladies above. Something with LA flavor, not more expensive than Cheesecake Factory range, some variety in the menu (or else good Mexican maybe). They are not into Thai or Chinese, & probably not Indian or Vietnamese. Is Tony P's a good option?
Thanking you all in advance. Can't tell you how much I've benefited from Fodorites over the years. I have read the prior threads on my topics, but most are pretty old (especially for restaurant recommendations).
LA Fun, & Restaurants for an older, Catholic Republican lady?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West Coast Bound End of March
- 2 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 3 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 4 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 5 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 6 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 7 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 8 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 11 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 12 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 13 Locker at JFK
- 14 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 15 Best places to move to Florida?
- 16 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 17 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 18 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 19 Philadelphia
- 20 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 21 San Diego
- 22 Trip to Maine/Quebec City, Canada - August 2013
- 23 Salt Lake City
- 24 Drive from Vegas to Zion and Bryce, then Lake Powell on a house boat
- 25 Oahu ideas