This Thursday through Sun I will be entertaining 2 women who will be staying in Marina del Rey, CA. Ages 50 & 75. The forecast for those days: RAIN! So here I am, looking for suggestions for indoor things to see & do. (Please also join in with suggestions for other things of general interest).
The 75 yr old has never been to LA, is Catholic, Republican, and a good walker. Why do I mention these weird details? Because I'm considering visits to:
The Reagan Museum (but...going to the valley...ugh)
Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills (will probably "do" Rodeo Drive, so nearby)
The WB or Sony studio tour (Leaning towards Sony because it's closer)
Or maybe just a bus tour. Greyline?
Comments on the above? Other ideas?
The 75 yr. old is not very intellectual or sophisticated, so I don't think she'd enjoy the Getty or LACMA. She'd like stereotypical "Old Hollywood" attractions I think.
Something like seeing Leno (alas, he's gone) or Ellen de Generes (tickets not available) would probably have been a thrill for her.
Finally, I need a suggestion for a restaurant around Marina del Rey/Venice/Santa Monica. This will be a birthday dinner for a 21 yr old, a 50 yr old man, plus the 2 ladies above. Something with LA flavor, not more expensive than Cheesecake Factory range, some variety in the menu (or else good Mexican maybe). They are not into Thai or Chinese, & probably not Indian or Vietnamese. Is Tony P's a good option?
Thanking you all in advance. Can't tell you how much I've benefited from Fodorites over the years. I have read the prior threads on my topics, but most are pretty old (especially for restaurant recommendations).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 R@il=Verizon ☎ 1:800:982 :8520 Tec*h SUPPORT CONTACT * 24x7
- 2 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 3 Las vegas and nearby
- 4 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 5 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 6 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 7 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 8 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 9 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 10 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 11 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 12 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 14 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 15 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 16 Orlando area weather in June
- 17 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 18 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 19 New Itinerary
- 20 Help with Northwest Trip
- 21 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 22 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 23 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 24 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 25 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
LA Fun, & Restaurants for an older, Catholic Republican lady?