This Thursday through Sun I will be entertaining 2 women who will be staying in Marina del Rey, CA. Ages 50 & 75. The forecast for those days: RAIN! So here I am, looking for suggestions for indoor things to see & do. (Please also join in with suggestions for other things of general interest).
The 75 yr old has never been to LA, is Catholic, Republican, and a good walker. Why do I mention these weird details? Because I'm considering visits to:
The Reagan Museum (but...going to the valley...ugh)
Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills (will probably "do" Rodeo Drive, so nearby)
The WB or Sony studio tour (Leaning towards Sony because it's closer)
Or maybe just a bus tour. Greyline?
Comments on the above? Other ideas?
The 75 yr. old is not very intellectual or sophisticated, so I don't think she'd enjoy the Getty or LACMA. She'd like stereotypical "Old Hollywood" attractions I think.
Something like seeing Leno (alas, he's gone) or Ellen de Generes (tickets not available) would probably have been a thrill for her.
Finally, I need a suggestion for a restaurant around Marina del Rey/Venice/Santa Monica. This will be a birthday dinner for a 21 yr old, a 50 yr old man, plus the 2 ladies above. Something with LA flavor, not more expensive than Cheesecake Factory range, some variety in the menu (or else good Mexican maybe). They are not into Thai or Chinese, & probably not Indian or Vietnamese. Is Tony P's a good option?
Thanking you all in advance. Can't tell you how much I've benefited from Fodorites over the years. I have read the prior threads on my topics, but most are pretty old (especially for restaurant recommendations).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 2 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 3 Christmas Napa Valley
- 4 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 5 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 6 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 7 Your favourite places in New York City
- 8 Phone SIM
- 9 3 days in NYC with my Grandma!
- 10 Las vegas +21
- 11 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 12 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 13 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 14 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 15 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 16 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 17 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 18 Savanah Sojourn
- 19 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 20 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 21 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 22 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 23 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 24 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 25 Newark to Paris
LA Fun, & Restaurants for an older, Catholic Republican lady?