DH and I are going to my nephew's wedding in Harrodsburg, KY in September, and we're taking a few extra days to do some sightseeing. We're flying in and out of Louisville, where we'll spend a couple of nights, then drive to Harrodsburg for the wedding festivities. We'll be staying at the Inn at Shaker Village in Spring Hill. I thought that it would be fun to do some distillery tours, but I don't know how many we'll have time for, and whether once you've done a couple of them, does it get redundant? I'm guessing two or three would probably be about right. There are only a couple of other threads here on Fodor's about the Bourbon Trail. The Maker's Mark, Jim Beam, and Woodford Reserve (which used to be Labrot & Graham's) were mentioned as good tours - Jim Beam & Maker's Mark really aren't on the way from Louisville to Harrodsburg, although I guess we could detour if they're worth it. Someone mentioned that not all distilleries have tastings, as some are in dry counties - I think it would be nice to be able to taste the product if possible, so that's a consideration. If anyone here has done some of the tours and can tell me which they recommend (especially if they're on the way to or near where we'll be staying, or, if not, whether they are worth straying farther for) I'd appreciate it. We don't have to do them all on the same day - we could do one or more either on the way to Harrodsburg, or on the day we drive back to Louisville for our late afternoon flight.
KY Bourbon Trail - distillery tour recommendations?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 2 Question about Boulder area
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 5 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 6 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 7 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 8 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 9 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 10 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 11 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 12 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 13 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 14 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 15 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 16 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 19 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 20 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 21 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 22 Biloxi questions again
- 23 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 24 Madison Square Garden
- 25 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?