When I Google map directions from Knoxville (TYS) to Gatlinburg, it suggests the route 129 south to TN-71, east to 441 south. There are other options including I-40 to 441. I understand that the traffic congestion can be pretty bad getting into Gatlinburg, depending on road work, tourist count, etc. Is there one better route than another? I am not particularly bugged by heavy traffic and would opt for a route that has better views.
Knoxville to Gatlinburg - Best Route?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 middlebury vt snow
- 2 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 3 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 4 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 5 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 6 Miami Marlins
- 7 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 8 Charleston, SC help
- 9 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 10 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 11 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 12 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 13 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 14 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 15 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 16 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 17 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 18 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 19 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 20 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 21 Deep South sept 2015
- 22 Self guided White House tour
- 23 Northwest USA
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 More than one hotel at Disney World?