We have some friends visiting from England for a couple weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday and are looking at a possible 2-3 day trip to the Pittsburgh area. We'll be traveling with two young girls, ages 4 & 2, so they need to be child friendly & entertaining for the children.
I've heard positive things about the Zoo & Aquarium - but there's got to be more! I know there is a Children's Museum -- but is that interesting for children that age? Are there any riverboats that travel that time of year (or would that be simply too cold?) Any other ideas?
I'm sure there are many holiday light display/attractions and other holiday activities, but not being from the area I'm not sure what's a good choice!
Oh -- if you know of any good, children friendly restaurants as well, I'd love some input on that too.
Any advice and ideas will be GREATLY appreciated!
Kids/Family trip to Pittsburgh around the Thanksgiving Holiday time period
- 1 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 2 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 3 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 4 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 5 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 6 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 9 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 10 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 11 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 14 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 15 Rockport, MA dining?
- 16 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 17 Princeville in January
- 18 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 21 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 22 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 23 RIP Judy Rogers
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE