We have some friends visiting from England for a couple weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday and are looking at a possible 2-3 day trip to the Pittsburgh area. We'll be traveling with two young girls, ages 4 & 2, so they need to be child friendly & entertaining for the children.
I've heard positive things about the Zoo & Aquarium - but there's got to be more! I know there is a Children's Museum -- but is that interesting for children that age? Are there any riverboats that travel that time of year (or would that be simply too cold?) Any other ideas?
I'm sure there are many holiday light display/attractions and other holiday activities, but not being from the area I'm not sure what's a good choice!
Oh -- if you know of any good, children friendly restaurants as well, I'd love some input on that too.
Any advice and ideas will be GREATLY appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 2 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 3 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 4 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 5 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 6 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 7 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 8 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 9 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 10 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 11 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 12 US Open Tennis
- 13 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 14 Hotels in San Diego
- 15 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 16 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 17 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 18 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 19 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 20 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 21 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt
- 22 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 23 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 24 Rhode Island Beach Vacation?
- 25 Oregon road trip
Kids/Family trip to Pittsburgh around the Thanksgiving Holiday time period