We have some friends visiting from England for a couple weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday and are looking at a possible 2-3 day trip to the Pittsburgh area. We'll be traveling with two young girls, ages 4 & 2, so they need to be child friendly & entertaining for the children.
I've heard positive things about the Zoo & Aquarium - but there's got to be more! I know there is a Children's Museum -- but is that interesting for children that age? Are there any riverboats that travel that time of year (or would that be simply too cold?) Any other ideas?
I'm sure there are many holiday light display/attractions and other holiday activities, but not being from the area I'm not sure what's a good choice!
Oh -- if you know of any good, children friendly restaurants as well, I'd love some input on that too.
Any advice and ideas will be GREATLY appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 2 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 3 New England Canada Road Trip
- 4 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 5 A day in Boston
- 6 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 7 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 8 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 9 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 10 Trip Starting from New York
- 11 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 12 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 13 Newport , RI
- 14 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 15 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 16 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 17 Nilichik Ak.
- 18 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 19 Las vegas +21
- 20 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 21 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 22 Steamboat in August
- 23 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 24 Depot Bay OR
- 25 South beach Miami to Key west driving map
Kids/Family trip to Pittsburgh around the Thanksgiving Holiday time period