We have some friends visiting from England for a couple weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday and are looking at a possible 2-3 day trip to the Pittsburgh area. We'll be traveling with two young girls, ages 4 & 2, so they need to be child friendly & entertaining for the children.
I've heard positive things about the Zoo & Aquarium - but there's got to be more! I know there is a Children's Museum -- but is that interesting for children that age? Are there any riverboats that travel that time of year (or would that be simply too cold?) Any other ideas?
I'm sure there are many holiday light display/attractions and other holiday activities, but not being from the area I'm not sure what's a good choice!
Oh -- if you know of any good, children friendly restaurants as well, I'd love some input on that too.
Any advice and ideas will be GREATLY appreciated!
Kids/Family trip to Pittsburgh around the Thanksgiving Holiday time period
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 2 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 3 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 4 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Calf trip
- 7 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 8 Tipping advice
- 9 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 10 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 11 Key West Hotel in January
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 14 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 15 4 week family trip ideas
- 16 x mas
- 17 Trip to Niagara Falls
- 18 Florida in between stop 2 days after Key Largo towards St.pete
- 19 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 20 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 21 ny ers now living in nc taking their kids to nyc for first time
- 22 Uber and Airbnb-Insurance and Credentials
- 23 Marriott Marquis San Francisco
- 24 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 25 Stopover in MIAMI