We have some friends visiting from England for a couple weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday and are looking at a possible 2-3 day trip to the Pittsburgh area. We'll be traveling with two young girls, ages 4 & 2, so they need to be child friendly & entertaining for the children.
I've heard positive things about the Zoo & Aquarium - but there's got to be more! I know there is a Children's Museum -- but is that interesting for children that age? Are there any riverboats that travel that time of year (or would that be simply too cold?) Any other ideas?
I'm sure there are many holiday light display/attractions and other holiday activities, but not being from the area I'm not sure what's a good choice!
Oh -- if you know of any good, children friendly restaurants as well, I'd love some input on that too.
Any advice and ideas will be GREATLY appreciated!
Kids/Family trip to Pittsburgh around the Thanksgiving Holiday time period
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego parks and attractions
- 2 Door County Suggestions
- 3 First family ski trip
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 7 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 8 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 9 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 10 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 13 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 14 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 15 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 16 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 19 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 20 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 23 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 24 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 25 Death Valley in June in a motorhome