We have some friends visiting from England for a couple weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday and are looking at a possible 2-3 day trip to the Pittsburgh area. We'll be traveling with two young girls, ages 4 & 2, so they need to be child friendly & entertaining for the children.
I've heard positive things about the Zoo & Aquarium - but there's got to be more! I know there is a Children's Museum -- but is that interesting for children that age? Are there any riverboats that travel that time of year (or would that be simply too cold?) Any other ideas?
I'm sure there are many holiday light display/attractions and other holiday activities, but not being from the area I'm not sure what's a good choice!
Oh -- if you know of any good, children friendly restaurants as well, I'd love some input on that too.
Any advice and ideas will be GREATLY appreciated!
Kids/Family trip to Pittsburgh around the Thanksgiving Holiday time period
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 2 Travel West Coast
- 3 Where to go in Maine?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 6 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 12 Rafting near Denali
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Kennebunkport and....?
- 15 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 16 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 17 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 18 WISCONSIN
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 New York City Restaurants