We have some friends visiting from England for a couple weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday and are looking at a possible 2-3 day trip to the Pittsburgh area. We'll be traveling with two young girls, ages 4 & 2, so they need to be child friendly & entertaining for the children.
I've heard positive things about the Zoo & Aquarium - but there's got to be more! I know there is a Children's Museum -- but is that interesting for children that age? Are there any riverboats that travel that time of year (or would that be simply too cold?) Any other ideas?
I'm sure there are many holiday light display/attractions and other holiday activities, but not being from the area I'm not sure what's a good choice!
Oh -- if you know of any good, children friendly restaurants as well, I'd love some input on that too.
Any advice and ideas will be GREATLY appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 2 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 3 San Francisco transit options
- 4 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 5 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 6 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 7 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 8 Honeymoon on PCH
- 9 No Spam this morning!!
- 10 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 11 Ideas for New York
- 12 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 13 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 14 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 15 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 16 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 17 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 18 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 19 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 20 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 21 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 22 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 23 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 24 Help us choose a hotel
- 25 Magic Show
Kids/Family trip to Pittsburgh around the Thanksgiving Holiday time period