We have some friends visiting from England for a couple weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday and are looking at a possible 2-3 day trip to the Pittsburgh area. We'll be traveling with two young girls, ages 4 & 2, so they need to be child friendly & entertaining for the children.
I've heard positive things about the Zoo & Aquarium - but there's got to be more! I know there is a Children's Museum -- but is that interesting for children that age? Are there any riverboats that travel that time of year (or would that be simply too cold?) Any other ideas?
I'm sure there are many holiday light display/attractions and other holiday activities, but not being from the area I'm not sure what's a good choice!
Oh -- if you know of any good, children friendly restaurants as well, I'd love some input on that too.
Any advice and ideas will be GREATLY appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 2 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 3 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 4 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 5 How many states have you been to?
- 6 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 7 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 8 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 9 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 12 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 13 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 14 Skagway
- 15 Retiring in NM?
- 16 Chicago to Charleston
- 17 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 18 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 19 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 20 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 21 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 22 Honeymoon out west.
- 23 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 24 Route Planning for East USA
- 25 Utah National Parks visit
Kids/Family trip to Pittsburgh around the Thanksgiving Holiday time period