We have some friends visiting from England for a couple weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday and are looking at a possible 2-3 day trip to the Pittsburgh area. We'll be traveling with two young girls, ages 4 & 2, so they need to be child friendly & entertaining for the children.
I've heard positive things about the Zoo & Aquarium - but there's got to be more! I know there is a Children's Museum -- but is that interesting for children that age? Are there any riverboats that travel that time of year (or would that be simply too cold?) Any other ideas?
I'm sure there are many holiday light display/attractions and other holiday activities, but not being from the area I'm not sure what's a good choice!
Oh -- if you know of any good, children friendly restaurants as well, I'd love some input on that too.
Any advice and ideas will be GREATLY appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://organichealthsupplement.com/alpha-xtrm-reviews/
- 2 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 3 Restaurants in DC
- 4 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 5 San Antonio and Austin with 21 and 23 year old daughters
- 6 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 7 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 8 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 9 BYOB in New York City
- 10 Broadway show tickets
- 11 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 12 Sedona to Vegas
- 13 4th of July in Chicago
- 14 Chicago Cab
- 15 Hawk's
- 16 Oahu hotels
- 17 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 18 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 19 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 20 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 21 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 22 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 23 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 24 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 25 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
Kids/Family trip to Pittsburgh around the Thanksgiving Holiday time period