We have some friends visiting from England for a couple weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday and are looking at a possible 2-3 day trip to the Pittsburgh area. We'll be traveling with two young girls, ages 4 & 2, so they need to be child friendly & entertaining for the children.
I've heard positive things about the Zoo & Aquarium - but there's got to be more! I know there is a Children's Museum -- but is that interesting for children that age? Are there any riverboats that travel that time of year (or would that be simply too cold?) Any other ideas?
I'm sure there are many holiday light display/attractions and other holiday activities, but not being from the area I'm not sure what's a good choice!
Oh -- if you know of any good, children friendly restaurants as well, I'd love some input on that too.
Any advice and ideas will be GREATLY appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 C-h-e-a-p K-i-t-c-h-e-n-s For Sale Middlesbrough
- 2 Trip to USA in July
- 3 a short trip to san francisco
- 4 Wine Country
- 5 Rafting the Colorado
- 6 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 7 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 8 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 9 Uber boston
- 10 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 11 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 12 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 13 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 14 Florida vacation
- 15 Florida beach vacation
- 16 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 17 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 18 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 19 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 20 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 21 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 22 I95
- 23 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 24 What streets are safest to live on in the French Quarter?
- 25 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
Kids/Family trip to Pittsburgh around the Thanksgiving Holiday time period