DH and I are going to key West at the end of the month - I can hardly wait! Now - thanks to Fodorites - that we've settled on where to stay (Marquesa), I would like to get where to eat/what to do recommendations. I'm doing chemo, so I don't have tons of energy - plus my diet (due to other things) is somewhat limited (mainly I need to stay away from high fiber foods). The good news is that, although lots of things don't taste the way they ought, seafood tastes just fine. So - food - seafood, but someplace where it is fairly plainly prepared or where i can request a simpler preparation. Also, my appetite is limited, so I will probably have an appetizer for dinner while DH will want appetizer through dessert - so either a good selection of appetizers or a place that will let me get an appetizer sized portion of an entree. Next - things to do. We're planning on very low key - lots of reading and people watching, with some sight seeing/window shopping thrown in. DH is very interested in Mel Fisher's museum and I'm thinking the Hemingway House (heard it has good tours). Comments? Also, what about the conch train tour vs the (I think) trolley?
Key West - where to eat, what to do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 4 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 5 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 6 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 7 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 8 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 9 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 10 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 11 Vegas hotels for families
- 12 Hilton Midtown New York
- 13 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 14 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 15 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 16 new york plays
- 17 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 18 San Francisco - mid October
- 19 Tour companies
- 20 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 Round trip from Chicago
- 24 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 25 Panama City beach or other suggestion