DH and I are going to key West at the end of the month - I can hardly wait! Now - thanks to Fodorites - that we've settled on where to stay (Marquesa), I would like to get where to eat/what to do recommendations. I'm doing chemo, so I don't have tons of energy - plus my diet (due to other things) is somewhat limited (mainly I need to stay away from high fiber foods). The good news is that, although lots of things don't taste the way they ought, seafood tastes just fine. So - food - seafood, but someplace where it is fairly plainly prepared or where i can request a simpler preparation. Also, my appetite is limited, so I will probably have an appetizer for dinner while DH will want appetizer through dessert - so either a good selection of appetizers or a place that will let me get an appetizer sized portion of an entree. Next - things to do. We're planning on very low key - lots of reading and people watching, with some sight seeing/window shopping thrown in. DH is very interested in Mel Fisher's museum and I'm thinking the Hemingway House (heard it has good tours). Comments? Also, what about the conch train tour vs the (I think) trolley?
Key West - where to eat, what to do?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 2 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 3 One day in Washington DC
- 4 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 5 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 6 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 7 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 8 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 9 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 10 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 11 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 12 RIP Judy Rogers
- 13 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 14 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 15 Boston area
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 18 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 19 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 20 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 21 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 22 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 23 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 24 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 25 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?