DH and I are going to key West at the end of the month - I can hardly wait! Now - thanks to Fodorites - that we've settled on where to stay (Marquesa), I would like to get where to eat/what to do recommendations. I'm doing chemo, so I don't have tons of energy - plus my diet (due to other things) is somewhat limited (mainly I need to stay away from high fiber foods). The good news is that, although lots of things don't taste the way they ought, seafood tastes just fine. So - food - seafood, but someplace where it is fairly plainly prepared or where i can request a simpler preparation. Also, my appetite is limited, so I will probably have an appetizer for dinner while DH will want appetizer through dessert - so either a good selection of appetizers or a place that will let me get an appetizer sized portion of an entree. Next - things to do. We're planning on very low key - lots of reading and people watching, with some sight seeing/window shopping thrown in. DH is very interested in Mel Fisher's museum and I'm thinking the Hemingway House (heard it has good tours). Comments? Also, what about the conch train tour vs the (I think) trolley?
Key West - where to eat, what to do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland Maine Hotels
- 2 San Diego parks and attractions
- 3 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 4 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 5 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 8 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 9 united and carry-ons
- 10 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 11 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 12 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 13 Cape Cod in early April
- 14 USA with a 3 year old
- 15 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 18 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 19 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 20 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 21 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 22 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 23 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?