DH and I are going to key West at the end of the month - I can hardly wait! Now - thanks to Fodorites - that we've settled on where to stay (Marquesa), I would like to get where to eat/what to do recommendations. I'm doing chemo, so I don't have tons of energy - plus my diet (due to other things) is somewhat limited (mainly I need to stay away from high fiber foods). The good news is that, although lots of things don't taste the way they ought, seafood tastes just fine. So - food - seafood, but someplace where it is fairly plainly prepared or where i can request a simpler preparation. Also, my appetite is limited, so I will probably have an appetizer for dinner while DH will want appetizer through dessert - so either a good selection of appetizers or a place that will let me get an appetizer sized portion of an entree. Next - things to do. We're planning on very low key - lots of reading and people watching, with some sight seeing/window shopping thrown in. DH is very interested in Mel Fisher's museum and I'm thinking the Hemingway House (heard it has good tours). Comments? Also, what about the conch train tour vs the (I think) trolley?
Key West - where to eat, what to do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 2 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 5 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 6 California & French Polynesia
- 7 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 10 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 11 How to dress in Vegas
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 15 St Patrick's renovations
- 16 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 From Seattle airport to the city
- 22 General Utah planning questions
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015