Hello, my parents are planning a trip to Key West in December leaving around December 17th. They wanted to fly into Miami or Ft Lauderdale and rent a car to drive to the Keys. They want to try staying in a cottage instead of a hotel, if those are even available. Are there places to stay in most of the towns or just near Key West and Key Largo, on google maps they show towns like Marathon and Islamorada. They are fine with not being where all the other tourists are if that helps. Also I heard a lot about Biscayne and Dry Tortugas NP and they wanted to check them out. They are still in the planning so anything would really help. Also how long would you suggest going there for , would 7 including travel be enough for them.
Key West Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 2 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 3 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 4 Best places to move to Florida?
- 5 Question about Miami travel
- 6 Salt Lake City
- 7 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 8 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 11 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 12 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 13 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 14 Locker at JFK
- 15 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 16 San Diego grocery stores
- 17 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 18 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 19 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 20 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 21 Key Largo, FL
- 22 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 25 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help