Hello, my parents are planning a trip to Key West in December leaving around December 17th. They wanted to fly into Miami or Ft Lauderdale and rent a car to drive to the Keys. They want to try staying in a cottage instead of a hotel, if those are even available. Are there places to stay in most of the towns or just near Key West and Key Largo, on google maps they show towns like Marathon and Islamorada. They are fine with not being where all the other tourists are if that helps. Also I heard a lot about Biscayne and Dry Tortugas NP and they wanted to check them out. They are still in the planning so anything would really help. Also how long would you suggest going there for , would 7 including travel be enough for them.
Key West Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 2 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 3 Boston area -- nature
- 4 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 4 week family trip ideas
- 7 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 8 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 9 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 12 California & French Polynesia
- 13 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 14 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 15 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 16 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 17 SFO black friday traffic
- 18 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 19 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 20 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 21 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 22 Dining in Manhattan
- 23 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 24 American Honeymoon in March
- 25 How to dress in Vegas