Hello, my parents are planning a trip to Key West in December leaving around December 17th. They wanted to fly into Miami or Ft Lauderdale and rent a car to drive to the Keys. They want to try staying in a cottage instead of a hotel, if those are even available. Are there places to stay in most of the towns or just near Key West and Key Largo, on google maps they show towns like Marathon and Islamorada. They are fine with not being where all the other tourists are if that helps. Also I heard a lot about Biscayne and Dry Tortugas NP and they wanted to check them out. They are still in the planning so anything would really help. Also how long would you suggest going there for , would 7 including travel be enough for them.
Key West Trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Where should I move to?
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 11 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Fripp island
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013