Hello, my parents are planning a trip to Key West in December leaving around December 17th. They wanted to fly into Miami or Ft Lauderdale and rent a car to drive to the Keys. They want to try staying in a cottage instead of a hotel, if those are even available. Are there places to stay in most of the towns or just near Key West and Key Largo, on google maps they show towns like Marathon and Islamorada. They are fine with not being where all the other tourists are if that helps. Also I heard a lot about Biscayne and Dry Tortugas NP and they wanted to check them out. They are still in the planning so anything would really help. Also how long would you suggest going there for , would 7 including travel be enough for them.
Key West Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Best Destination in USA
- 3 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 4 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 5 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 6 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 7 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 8 x mas
- 9 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 10 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 13 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 16 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 17 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 18 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 19 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 20 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 21 New Orleans help please
- 22 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 23 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 24 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 25 los angeles restaurants