We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://maleenhancementmart.com/clinamax/
- 2 http://maleenhancementmart.com/vtl-male-enhancement/
- 3 Primal Shred – Primal Shred Its Work Muscle Growth For Male
- 4 Planning our Move
- 5 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 6 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 7 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 8 Wilmington DE questions
- 9 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 10 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 11 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 12 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 13 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 14 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 15 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 16 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 17 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 18 Hotel advise Chicago
- 19 Maui and Kauai
- 20 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 21 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 22 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 23 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 24 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 25 Trip to Cali