We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.tophealthbuy.com/neuro-boost-iq/
- 2 http://bodypotency.com/testx-core/
- 3 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 4 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 5 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 6 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 7 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 8 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 9 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 10 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 11 Maine weather and temps
- 12 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 13 WA to CT
- 14 L.A. and Sequoia
- 15 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 16 Alcatrez sold out
- 17 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 18 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 19 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 20 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 21 Broadway
- 22 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 23 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 24 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 25 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami