We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 2 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 3 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 4 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 5 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 6 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 7 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 8 Steamboat in August
- 9 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 10 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 11 MN lake home rental needed
- 12 Desert Southwest
- 13 Salt lake to boulder ideas
- 14 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 15 Hawaii, January 2017.
- 16 Your favourite places in New York City
- 17 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 18 Napa valley getaway
- 19 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 20 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 21 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 22 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 23 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 24 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 25 Extended weekend beach get away