We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco first visit.
- 2 Hawaii Help
- 3 Wine Country
- 4 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 5 Renting a car with DWAI
- 6 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 7 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 8 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 9 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 10 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 11 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 12 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 13 Yellowstone in early May
- 14 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 15 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 16 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 17 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 18 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 19 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 20 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 21 Park City- handicapped
- 22 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 23 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 24 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 25 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui