We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Kentucky Bourbon Trail -- May trip planning
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 8 San Diego parks and attractions
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 11 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 12 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 13 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 14 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 15 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 16 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 17 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 18 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 24 Door County Suggestions
- 25 First family ski trip