We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Kentucky Bourbon Trail -- May trip planning
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 4 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 5 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 9 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 10 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 11 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 18 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 19 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 20 Denver in a half day
- 21 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 22 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 23 Oahu ideas
- 24 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 25 driving from San Francisco to Seattle