We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 2 Relocating to the Deep South
- 3 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 4 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 5 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 6 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 7 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 10 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 11 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 12 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 13 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 14 south west family trip itinerary
- 15 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 16 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 17 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 18 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 19 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 20 wasting time around JFK
- 21 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 22 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 23 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 24 SF Restaurant
- 25 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures