We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please do not call California, 'Cali' or San Francisco, ' Frisco'. .
- 2 Vcor Male Enhancement-Improve Your Workout Strength
- 3 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 4 What kind of Word press issues we can solve?
- 5 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 6 Florida Vacation Rental
- 7 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 8 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 9 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 10 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 11 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 12 help me plan a Cali trip
- 13 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 14 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 15 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 16 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 17 Mesa Verde question
- 18 Planning our Move
- 19 Wilmington DE questions
- 20 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 21 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 22 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 23 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 24 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 25 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens