We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Kentucky Bourbon Trail -- May trip planning
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sea world San Diego
- 2 Berkshires
- 3 Clearwater visit.
- 4 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 5 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 6 Hawaii is still Hell
- 7 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 8 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 9 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 10 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 11 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 12 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 13 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 14 Spring Break in Charleston
- 15 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 16 Charleston Airport Hotel
- 17 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 18 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 19 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 20 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 21 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 22 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 23 Las Vegas in March
- 24 Just started to plan my Mid-March visit to Alaska!
- 25 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu