We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://klereumcol.com/bioslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 2 Coco Palms on Kauai
- 3 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 4 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 5 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 6 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 7 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 8 Your favourite places in New York City
- 9 A June trip to Kauai
- 10 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 11 A day in Boston
- 12 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 13 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 14 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 15 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 16 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 17 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 18 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 19 Mystic CT
- 20 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 21 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 22 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 23 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 24 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 25 The city never sleeps, but we needed to