We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Kentucky Bourbon Trail -- May trip planning
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 4 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 5 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 8 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 9 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 12 Breckenridge in October
- 13 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 14 Richmond highlights?
- 15 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 16 Washington DC in Spring?
- 17 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 18 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 19 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Must Eats
- 22 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 23 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 24 Florida St George's Island
- 25 Union Square area restaurant