We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Assist : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :6830 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 http://www.skinscam.com/alpha-pro-boost/
- 3 More problems for Big Sur
- 4 Quick road trip
- 5 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 6 Great Falls or Helena?
- 7 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 8 Oregon Coast road trip
- 9 Boston area hotels
- 10 Santa Fe Itineray
- 11 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 12 How much cash do you travel with?
- 13 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 14 Newark Intl Airport-Long Term Parking
- 15 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 16 Atlanta to Orange Beach, AL
- 17 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 18 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 19 Visiting Parks by Car (SD, WY, CO)
- 20 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 21 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 22 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 23 AZ, UT, CO - urgent only 1 day to plan!
- 24 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 25 Trip Report: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, September 2016