My husband and I want to spend about 3 days kayaking around the San Juan Islands. My question is which island and harbour is best to set out from and return to. We plan to rent a 2 place kayak so if anyone knows which outfit has the best rentals I'd be interested in that info as well. We don't want a guide...just to rent the kayak. I purchased a good nautical map of the area but I'd really like to hear from someone who has been there. Helpful info would be...a good route to travel to see wildlife and whales and the best campgrounds along the way. Thanks so much for any help.
kayaking in the San Juan Islands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Christmas weather?
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 5 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 6 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 9 Big island itinerary
- 10 Thousand Islands
- 11 Best Destination in USA
- 12 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 13 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 14 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 15 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 16 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 17 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 18 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 19 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 20 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 21 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 22 New York City and New England
- 23 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 24 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 25 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary