I am doing research on the Kilauea Slippery Slide. I would like to know the entire history of it. When it was built and by whom. How it was built. Was it always accessible? When it was no longer accessible was there a reason. What was that reason. How did the closure impact the area and locals. What was the controversy behind deciding to close it. Any information would be appreciated. The more the better. I know this is a very dated subject almost from 60 years ago but I am not able to find very many specific on this subject. Thank you
Kauai Slippery Slide in Kilauea
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 2 Universal studios/Orlando
- 3 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 4 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 5 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 6 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 7 USA with a 3 year old
- 8 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 9 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 15 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 18 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 19 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 20 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 21 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 22 Wedding venue in NH
- 23 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 24 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 25 San Diego parks and attractions