I am doing research on the Kilauea Slippery Slide. I would like to know the entire history of it. When it was built and by whom. How it was built. Was it always accessible? When it was no longer accessible was there a reason. What was that reason. How did the closure impact the area and locals. What was the controversy behind deciding to close it. Any information would be appreciated. The more the better. I know this is a very dated subject almost from 60 years ago but I am not able to find very many specific on this subject. Thank you
Kauai Slippery Slide in Kilauea
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in Manhattan
- 2 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 3 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 4 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 5 California & French Polynesia
- 6 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 7 American Honeymoon in March
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 10 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 11 How to dress in Vegas
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 15 St Patrick's renovations
- 16 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 From Seattle airport to the city
- 22 General Utah planning questions
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015