We are headed for the first time to Hawaii late July w/our kids (11 & 6yo). We will go to Oahu to visit Arizona, etc. for a few days and want to visit another island. We are torn between Maui & Kauai (decided to save BI for another time). We love beaches, some sight seeing, snorkeling, etc. Since we are staying in Oahu, I am concerned that Oahu & Maui may be too crowded/touristy and Kauai will be a better balance. However, thought Maui would be interesting and fun too perhaps more to do. Either way, I realize I can't go wrong w/either island but still would love some input. What would you recommend?
Thank you so much.
Kauai or Maui w/kids
- 1 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 2 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 3 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 4 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 7 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 8 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 9 Biloxi questions again
- 10 San Antonio
- 11 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 12 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 13 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 14 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 15 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 16 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 17 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 19 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 20 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 21 Vero Beach FL
- 22 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 23 Question about Boulder area
- 24 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?