We are headed for the first time to Hawaii late July w/our kids (11 & 6yo). We will go to Oahu to visit Arizona, etc. for a few days and want to visit another island. We are torn between Maui & Kauai (decided to save BI for another time). We love beaches, some sight seeing, snorkeling, etc. Since we are staying in Oahu, I am concerned that Oahu & Maui may be too crowded/touristy and Kauai will be a better balance. However, thought Maui would be interesting and fun too perhaps more to do. Either way, I realize I can't go wrong w/either island but still would love some input. What would you recommend?
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 2 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 3 Drive tour Portland to San Francisco
- 4 California/Yosemite
- 5 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 6 Fort Myers Area
- 7 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 8 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 9 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 10 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 11 San Fran
- 12 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 15 San Diego, mission valley
- 16 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 17 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 18 Sedona to Vegas
- 19 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 20 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 21 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 22 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 23 November redwoods trip
- 24 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 25 Seattle?