We are headed for the first time to Hawaii late July w/our kids (11 & 6yo). We will go to Oahu to visit Arizona, etc. for a few days and want to visit another island. We are torn between Maui & Kauai (decided to save BI for another time). We love beaches, some sight seeing, snorkeling, etc. Since we are staying in Oahu, I am concerned that Oahu & Maui may be too crowded/touristy and Kauai will be a better balance. However, thought Maui would be interesting and fun too perhaps more to do. Either way, I realize I can't go wrong w/either island but still would love some input. What would you recommend?
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California Trip
- 2 Atlanta With Toddler
- 3 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 4 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 5 Help me with this
- 6 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 7 JFK Terminal 8
- 8 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 9 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 10 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 11 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 12 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 13 AR State Parks
- 14 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 15 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 16 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 17 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 18 9-10 day trip to WA
- 19 Apply in 12th grade for an international student ?
- 20 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 21 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 22 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 23 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 24 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 25 Laguna Beach Hotel