We are headed for the first time to Hawaii late July w/our kids (11 & 6yo). We will go to Oahu to visit Arizona, etc. for a few days and want to visit another island. We are torn between Maui & Kauai (decided to save BI for another time). We love beaches, some sight seeing, snorkeling, etc. Since we are staying in Oahu, I am concerned that Oahu & Maui may be too crowded/touristy and Kauai will be a better balance. However, thought Maui would be interesting and fun too perhaps more to do. Either way, I realize I can't go wrong w/either island but still would love some input. What would you recommend?
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 2 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 3 Seattle, Redwoods in Oregon and Yosemite
- 4 Suggestions for 6-hour LAX layover from Vancouver with 3-yr old son
- 5 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl
- 6 Winery recommendations OR and WA
- 7 Tri Rail train to Lauderdale by the Sea
- 8 30th Anniversary Hotel Key West
- 9 SF/LV/LA Itinerary Help
- 10 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 11 Trip Report: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, September 2016
- 12 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 13 Steakhouse in Colorado Springs area
- 14 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 15 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 16 New Hampshire & Vermont trip
- 17 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 18 SPIRIT airlines FLL to DFW
- 19 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 20 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 21 Mountain Honeymoon
- 22 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 23 Trip report--Birmingham, Alabama
- 24 Big Island Volcano with a 7 yr old
- 25 Northern California Relocation Road Trip