We are headed for the first time to Hawaii late July w/our kids (11 & 6yo). We will go to Oahu to visit Arizona, etc. for a few days and want to visit another island. We are torn between Maui & Kauai (decided to save BI for another time). We love beaches, some sight seeing, snorkeling, etc. Since we are staying in Oahu, I am concerned that Oahu & Maui may be too crowded/touristy and Kauai will be a better balance. However, thought Maui would be interesting and fun too perhaps more to do. Either way, I realize I can't go wrong w/either island but still would love some input. What would you recommend?
Thank you so much.
Kauai or Maui w/kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 2 Morning in miami
- 3 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 4 Las Vegas must sees
- 5 Grand Marais?
- 6 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 7 adams morgan - safety
- 8 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 9 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 10 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 11 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 12 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 13 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 14 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 15 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 16 Grand Teton in October
- 17 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 18 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 19 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 20 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 21 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 22 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 23 US Southwest
- 24 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 25 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley