We are headed for the first time to Hawaii late July w/our kids (11 & 6yo). We will go to Oahu to visit Arizona, etc. for a few days and want to visit another island. We are torn between Maui & Kauai (decided to save BI for another time). We love beaches, some sight seeing, snorkeling, etc. Since we are staying in Oahu, I am concerned that Oahu & Maui may be too crowded/touristy and Kauai will be a better balance. However, thought Maui would be interesting and fun too perhaps more to do. Either way, I realize I can't go wrong w/either island but still would love some input. What would you recommend?
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our Boston Getaway
- 2 Beaches in Florida
- 3 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 4 Disney for Florida residents
- 5 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 6 40th in Key West
- 7 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 8 First Trip to Texas -
- 9 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 10 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 11 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 12 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 13 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 14 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 15 What to do in San Diego
- 16 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 17 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 18 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 19 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 20 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
- 21 What to do in New York?
- 22 When do school start again in August?
- 23 Havasu Falls/Grand Canyon Hike
- 24 Yosemite
- 25 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?