We are headed for the first time to Hawaii late July w/our kids (11 & 6yo). We will go to Oahu to visit Arizona, etc. for a few days and want to visit another island. We are torn between Maui & Kauai (decided to save BI for another time). We love beaches, some sight seeing, snorkeling, etc. Since we are staying in Oahu, I am concerned that Oahu & Maui may be too crowded/touristy and Kauai will be a better balance. However, thought Maui would be interesting and fun too perhaps more to do. Either way, I realize I can't go wrong w/either island but still would love some input. What would you recommend?
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Black History Museum
- 2 Another Great DC Trip
- 3 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 4 How much time in Badlands?
- 5 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 6 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 7 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 8 DC Restaurants
- 9 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 10 Short Oregon Trip
- 11 usa roadtrip
- 12 Hawaii and...where?
- 13 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 14 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 15 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 16 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 17 Chicago 2017
- 18 Christmas in Colorado
- 19 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 20 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 21 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 22 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 23 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 24 Marfa/Big Bend
- 25 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds