My wife and I, late 50's, active and good physical condition, need some itinerary advice for Kauai. We fly into Honolulu on July 23 and have 10 days in Hawaii. We were thinking of spending all 10 on Kauai, but should we consider a few days on Oahu? We are beach people, love sunsets, and nature. My idea was to start our visit in the North part of Kauai and end in the South, or should we base out of one area only or reverse this itinerary. Is the north dry in summer? Based on other posts It sounds like I need to rent a car for the entire time, is this correct and is a convertible a good idea? Also looking for a condo/studio where we can make breakfast, but walk to dinner. There seems to be lots of options on VRBO, but do I need to book my accomodation in advance, or just wing it when we arrive.We plan on a Na Pali coast cruise, going to Waimea canyon, and Allerton and McBryde Gardens, any other suggestions? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Kauai Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 4 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 5 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 6 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 7 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 8 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 9 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 10 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 11 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 12 Vegas hotels for families
- 13 Hilton Midtown New York
- 14 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 15 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 16 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 17 new york plays
- 18 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 19 San Francisco - mid October
- 20 Tour companies
- 21 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 24 Round trip from Chicago
- 25 Bob Denver... Where are you?