My wife and I, late 50's, active and good physical condition, need some itinerary advice for Kauai. We fly into Honolulu on July 23 and have 10 days in Hawaii. We were thinking of spending all 10 on Kauai, but should we consider a few days on Oahu? We are beach people, love sunsets, and nature. My idea was to start our visit in the North part of Kauai and end in the South, or should we base out of one area only or reverse this itinerary. Is the north dry in summer? Based on other posts It sounds like I need to rent a car for the entire time, is this correct and is a convertible a good idea? Also looking for a condo/studio where we can make breakfast, but walk to dinner. There seems to be lots of options on VRBO, but do I need to book my accomodation in advance, or just wing it when we arrive.We plan on a Na Pali coast cruise, going to Waimea canyon, and Allerton and McBryde Gardens, any other suggestions? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Kauai Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Texas
- 2 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 3 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 4 Enjoy Orlando Vacation Homes without Breaking your Budget
- 5 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 6 Cross Country RV Trip
- 7 Ackislander
- 8 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 9 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 10 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 11 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 12 Northern California in February
- 13 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 14 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 15 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 16 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 17 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 18 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 19 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 20 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 21 New England September
- 22 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 23 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 24 California
- 25 Trip to Memphis and Nashville