My wife and I, late 50's, active and good physical condition, need some itinerary advice for Kauai. We fly into Honolulu on July 23 and have 10 days in Hawaii. We were thinking of spending all 10 on Kauai, but should we consider a few days on Oahu? We are beach people, love sunsets, and nature. My idea was to start our visit in the North part of Kauai and end in the South, or should we base out of one area only or reverse this itinerary. Is the north dry in summer? Based on other posts It sounds like I need to rent a car for the entire time, is this correct and is a convertible a good idea? Also looking for a condo/studio where we can make breakfast, but walk to dinner. There seems to be lots of options on VRBO, but do I need to book my accomodation in advance, or just wing it when we arrive.We plan on a Na Pali coast cruise, going to Waimea canyon, and Allerton and McBryde Gardens, any other suggestions? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Kauai Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 4 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 5 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 6 Oahu ideas
- 7 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 8 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Best places to move to Florida?
- 12 West Coast Bound End of March
- 13 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 14 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 15 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 16 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 17 Key Largo, FL
- 18 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 19 Death Valley in June
- 20 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 21 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 22 San Diego grocery stores
- 23 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii