My wife and I, late 50's, active and good physical condition, need some itinerary advice for Kauai. We fly into Honolulu on July 23 and have 10 days in Hawaii. We were thinking of spending all 10 on Kauai, but should we consider a few days on Oahu? We are beach people, love sunsets, and nature. My idea was to start our visit in the North part of Kauai and end in the South, or should we base out of one area only or reverse this itinerary. Is the north dry in summer? Based on other posts It sounds like I need to rent a car for the entire time, is this correct and is a convertible a good idea? Also looking for a condo/studio where we can make breakfast, but walk to dinner. There seems to be lots of options on VRBO, but do I need to book my accomodation in advance, or just wing it when we arrive.We plan on a Na Pali coast cruise, going to Waimea canyon, and Allerton and McBryde Gardens, any other suggestions? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Kauai Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 3 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 4 Charlotte restaurant help
- 5 Fancy dining
- 6 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 7 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 8 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 9 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 10 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 11 Itinerary opinions
- 12 moving to florida
- 13 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 14 Alaska railroad?
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 17 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 18 culpepper
- 19 NYC Clubs for live music
- 20 Mesa Verde
- 21 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 22 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 23 Calgary to Banff
- 24 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr