We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 10 and 12) and will be going to Kauai. 5 nights will be at the Hyatt in Poipu with points and I am trying to decide on if we should split the time and stay up North or Central or pay for the additional 2 nights (close to 400).
We land after a long day around 8 pm and I was thinking we could either stay in Kapaa or Princeville. I found the Marriott in Kapaa and found availability at Hanalei Bay resort for my dates.
Day 1-we will probably wake up very early so Drive to Hanalei and hike NaPali Coast; Tunnels beach; see town-do you think this will be too much for 1 day?
Day 2-Wailia Falls and area, Helicopter Ride (this night we will drive down to Poipu)
Day 4-Zipline/kayak/hike tour
Day 7-flight back
Please provide any comments. Since the 5 nights at the Hyatt are paid for, I don’t want to spend time going north. Alternatively, I could explore more on Day 2 (Kee beach, etc…) and do the helicopter ride while we are in Poipu. Looks like most of the companies are down that way anyway.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 2 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 3 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 4 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 5 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 6 Florida keys trip
- 7 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 8 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 9 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 10 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 11 Skagway
- 12 Retiring in NM?
- 13 Chicago to Charleston
- 14 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 15 How many states have you been to?
- 16 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 17 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 18 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 19 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 20 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 21 Honeymoon out west.
- 22 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 23 Route Planning for East USA
- 24 Utah National Parks visit
- 25 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?