We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 10 and 12) and will be going to Kauai. 5 nights will be at the Hyatt in Poipu with points and I am trying to decide on if we should split the time and stay up North or Central or pay for the additional 2 nights (close to 400).
We land after a long day around 8 pm and I was thinking we could either stay in Kapaa or Princeville. I found the Marriott in Kapaa and found availability at Hanalei Bay resort for my dates.
Day 1-we will probably wake up very early so Drive to Hanalei and hike NaPali Coast; Tunnels beach; see town-do you think this will be too much for 1 day?
Day 2-Wailia Falls and area, Helicopter Ride (this night we will drive down to Poipu)
Day 4-Zipline/kayak/hike tour
Day 7-flight back
Please provide any comments. Since the 5 nights at the Hyatt are paid for, I don’t want to spend time going north. Alternatively, I could explore more on Day 2 (Kee beach, etc…) and do the helicopter ride while we are in Poipu. Looks like most of the companies are down that way anyway.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 2 Traveling with an infant
- 3 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 4 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 5 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 6 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 7 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 8 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 9 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 10 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 11 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 12 driving RT 66
- 13 Birthday vacation ideas
- 14 From Newark to Manhattan
- 15 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 16 Relocating to Washington DC
- 17 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 18 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 19 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 20 Acadia National Park
- 21 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 22 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 23 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 24 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 25 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?