We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 10 and 12) and will be going to Kauai. 5 nights will be at the Hyatt in Poipu with points and I am trying to decide on if we should split the time and stay up North or Central or pay for the additional 2 nights (close to 400).
We land after a long day around 8 pm and I was thinking we could either stay in Kapaa or Princeville. I found the Marriott in Kapaa and found availability at Hanalei Bay resort for my dates.
Day 1-we will probably wake up very early so Drive to Hanalei and hike NaPali Coast; Tunnels beach; see town-do you think this will be too much for 1 day?
Day 2-Wailia Falls and area, Helicopter Ride (this night we will drive down to Poipu)
Day 4-Zipline/kayak/hike tour
Day 7-flight back
Please provide any comments. Since the 5 nights at the Hyatt are paid for, I don’t want to spend time going north. Alternatively, I could explore more on Day 2 (Kee beach, etc…) and do the helicopter ride while we are in Poipu. Looks like most of the companies are down that way anyway.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chester, CN
- 2 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 3 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 4 time to visit statue
- 5 Aladin tickets in NYC
- 6 San Francisco Trip - 6 months Pregnant
- 7 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 8 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 9 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 10 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 11 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 12 Northern California Gardens.
- 13 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 14 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 15 Hawaii wedding
- 16 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 17 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 18 Route 66
- 19 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 20 Itinerary help Oregon: 9 nights
- 21 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 22 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 23 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 24 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 25 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST