We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 10 and 12) and will be going to Kauai. 5 nights will be at the Hyatt in Poipu with points and I am trying to decide on if we should split the time and stay up North or Central or pay for the additional 2 nights (close to 400).
We land after a long day around 8 pm and I was thinking we could either stay in Kapaa or Princeville. I found the Marriott in Kapaa and found availability at Hanalei Bay resort for my dates.
Day 1-we will probably wake up very early so Drive to Hanalei and hike NaPali Coast; Tunnels beach; see town-do you think this will be too much for 1 day?
Day 2-Wailia Falls and area, Helicopter Ride (this night we will drive down to Poipu)
Day 4-Zipline/kayak/hike tour
Day 7-flight back
Please provide any comments. Since the 5 nights at the Hyatt are paid for, I don’t want to spend time going north. Alternatively, I could explore more on Day 2 (Kee beach, etc…) and do the helicopter ride while we are in Poipu. Looks like most of the companies are down that way anyway.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 2 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 3 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 4 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 5 Steamboat in August
- 6 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 7 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 8 Cape cod Labor Day
- 9 US Open Tennis
- 10 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 11 Hawaii with limited time
- 12 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 13 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 14 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 15 Grand Teton Questions
- 16 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 17 Your favourite places in New York City
- 18 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 19 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 20 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 21 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 22 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 23 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 24 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 25 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August