We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 10 and 12) and will be going to Kauai. 5 nights will be at the Hyatt in Poipu with points and I am trying to decide on if we should split the time and stay up North or Central or pay for the additional 2 nights (close to 400).
We land after a long day around 8 pm and I was thinking we could either stay in Kapaa or Princeville. I found the Marriott in Kapaa and found availability at Hanalei Bay resort for my dates.
Day 1-we will probably wake up very early so Drive to Hanalei and hike NaPali Coast; Tunnels beach; see town-do you think this will be too much for 1 day?
Day 2-Wailia Falls and area, Helicopter Ride (this night we will drive down to Poipu)
Day 4-Zipline/kayak/hike tour
Day 7-flight back
Please provide any comments. Since the 5 nights at the Hyatt are paid for, I don’t want to spend time going north. Alternatively, I could explore more on Day 2 (Kee beach, etc…) and do the helicopter ride while we are in Poipu. Looks like most of the companies are down that way anyway.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 2 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 3 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 4 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 5 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 6 Later Winter around Mobile
- 7 Rafting the Colorado
- 8 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 9 Florida keys trip
- 10 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 11 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 12 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 13 Coffee in Boston?
- 14 Nashville Never Been
- 15 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 16 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 17 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 18 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 19 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 20 Traveling in winter
- 21 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 22 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 23 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 24 New orleans recs for family
- 25 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?