We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 10 and 12) and will be going to Kauai. 5 nights will be at the Hyatt in Poipu with points and I am trying to decide on if we should split the time and stay up North or Central or pay for the additional 2 nights (close to 400).
We land after a long day around 8 pm and I was thinking we could either stay in Kapaa or Princeville. I found the Marriott in Kapaa and found availability at Hanalei Bay resort for my dates.
Day 1-we will probably wake up very early so Drive to Hanalei and hike NaPali Coast; Tunnels beach; see town-do you think this will be too much for 1 day?
Day 2-Wailia Falls and area, Helicopter Ride (this night we will drive down to Poipu)
Day 4-Zipline/kayak/hike tour
Day 7-flight back
Please provide any comments. Since the 5 nights at the Hyatt are paid for, I don’t want to spend time going north. Alternatively, I could explore more on Day 2 (Kee beach, etc…) and do the helicopter ride while we are in Poipu. Looks like most of the companies are down that way anyway.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 2 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 3 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 4 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 5 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 6 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 7 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 8 Where can I get the best glaciers experience?
- 9 Family Trip advice please?!
- 10 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 11 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 12 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 13 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 14 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 15 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 16 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 17 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 18 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 19 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 20 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 21 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 22 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 23 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 24 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 25 Driving from San Fran to Seattle