We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 10 and 12) and will be going to Kauai. 5 nights will be at the Hyatt in Poipu with points and I am trying to decide on if we should split the time and stay up North or Central or pay for the additional 2 nights (close to 400).
We land after a long day around 8 pm and I was thinking we could either stay in Kapaa or Princeville. I found the Marriott in Kapaa and found availability at Hanalei Bay resort for my dates.
Day 1-we will probably wake up very early so Drive to Hanalei and hike NaPali Coast; Tunnels beach; see town-do you think this will be too much for 1 day?
Day 2-Wailia Falls and area, Helicopter Ride (this night we will drive down to Poipu)
Day 4-Zipline/kayak/hike tour
Day 7-flight back
Please provide any comments. Since the 5 nights at the Hyatt are paid for, I don’t want to spend time going north. Alternatively, I could explore more on Day 2 (Kee beach, etc…) and do the helicopter ride while we are in Poipu. Looks like most of the companies are down that way anyway.
Kauai in July-Poipu and (Kapaa or Princeville)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska- Best tours
- 2 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 3 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 4 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 5 First visit in New Mexico
- 6 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 7 San Diego Public Transportation
- 8 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 9 The Quarter, Frog City, and elsewhere
- 10 Yellowstone Dining
- 11 Coronado Ferry
- 12 Colorado trip
- 13 Cape cod and Acadia
- 14 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 15 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 16 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 17 Things to do around New York
- 18 Savannah GA
- 19 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 20 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 21 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 22 Hotels near beach orange county
- 23 Daytona Beach and ??
- 24 DC - WW2 flyover
- 25 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot