We are 2 couples going to Kauai in September. We're sharing a condo on the North Shore. We're arriving on the same day but 4 hours apart. Our original thought was that the early arrivers (our friends) would rent a car and check into the condo. The second couple (us) would catch a shuttle or cab later in the day. However, after researching this option I was shocked to find that there don't appear to be any hotel shuttles (I thought we could take one and get picked up by our friends) and taking a cab is incredibly expensive. I hate to have our friends wait around the airport for 4 hours, but another friend who knows the island says it isn't worth driving all the way from the airport to the condo, and then having to turn around and make the drive again. She says with traffic and the distance, it takes an hour or more each way to do the drive. Also, the best rate we've found so far for a car big enough for 4 people and 4 bags is $40 per day. Does this seem reasonable? We don't need a large car for any part of the vacation except the first day. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks a bunch.
Kauai car rental puzzle
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 2 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 3 san fran sightseeing
- 4 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 5 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 6 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 7 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 8 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 9 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 10 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 11 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 12 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 13 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 14 Boston in winter?
- 15 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 16 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 19 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 20 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 21 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 22 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 23 Colorado Skiing
- 24 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 25 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea