We are 2 couples going to Kauai in September. We're sharing a condo on the North Shore. We're arriving on the same day but 4 hours apart. Our original thought was that the early arrivers (our friends) would rent a car and check into the condo. The second couple (us) would catch a shuttle or cab later in the day. However, after researching this option I was shocked to find that there don't appear to be any hotel shuttles (I thought we could take one and get picked up by our friends) and taking a cab is incredibly expensive. I hate to have our friends wait around the airport for 4 hours, but another friend who knows the island says it isn't worth driving all the way from the airport to the condo, and then having to turn around and make the drive again. She says with traffic and the distance, it takes an hour or more each way to do the drive. Also, the best rate we've found so far for a car big enough for 4 people and 4 bags is $40 per day. Does this seem reasonable? We don't need a large car for any part of the vacation except the first day. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks a bunch.
Kauai car rental puzzle
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Questions
- 2 USA trip
- 3 Air Connections on Maui
- 4 camaro hire in waikiki
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 7 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 8 Timeshare Nightmares
- 9 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 10 How to dress in Vegas
- 11 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 12 Breckenridge in October
- 13 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 14 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 15 Orlando for Work
- 16 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 17 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 18 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 19 NBA tickets??
- 20 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 21 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 22 charlotte
- 23 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 24 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???