We are 2 couples going to Kauai in September. We're sharing a condo on the North Shore. We're arriving on the same day but 4 hours apart. Our original thought was that the early arrivers (our friends) would rent a car and check into the condo. The second couple (us) would catch a shuttle or cab later in the day. However, after researching this option I was shocked to find that there don't appear to be any hotel shuttles (I thought we could take one and get picked up by our friends) and taking a cab is incredibly expensive. I hate to have our friends wait around the airport for 4 hours, but another friend who knows the island says it isn't worth driving all the way from the airport to the condo, and then having to turn around and make the drive again. She says with traffic and the distance, it takes an hour or more each way to do the drive. Also, the best rate we've found so far for a car big enough for 4 people and 4 bags is $40 per day. Does this seem reasonable? We don't need a large car for any part of the vacation except the first day. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks a bunch.
Kauai car rental puzzle
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 2 From Seattle airport to the city
- 3 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 4 Middle America in October
- 5 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 6 New York City Christmas Trip
- 7 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 8 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 9 visit to HIghLine
- 10 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 11 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 12 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 13 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 14 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 15 Colorado Skiing
- 16 4 week family trip ideas
- 17 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 18 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 20 Help with the Itinerary - February 2015
- 21 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 22 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 23 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 24 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 25 Yellowstone in the winter?