We'd like to take a road trip from Minnesota this summer with our 10 and 6 year old and are considering Kansas City or St. Louis. (They both seem a reasonable distance for driving and offer a major league ballpark--the only real criteria we have.) We enjoy activities like museums (though not really art), historical sightseeing, sports-related activities, and animals/nature. I've read about about both places in some gudebooks and simply can't choose. KC attractions that sound interesting are the zoo, Negro League museum, and Science City. STL attraction sound interesting are the Arch, Butterfly House, and City Museum. Any suggestions or insight about either city is welcome...make your case for why we should choose one over the other. Thanks!
Kansas City or St. Louis?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 2 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 3 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 6 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 7 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 8 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 11 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 12 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 13 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 14 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 15 Transportation help in Philly
- 16 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 17 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 18 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 19 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 20 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 21 Hilton Midtown New York
- 22 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 23 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 24 Tour companies
- 25 NYC Neighbourhoods