We'd like to take a road trip from Minnesota this summer with our 10 and 6 year old and are considering Kansas City or St. Louis. (They both seem a reasonable distance for driving and offer a major league ballpark--the only real criteria we have.) We enjoy activities like museums (though not really art), historical sightseeing, sports-related activities, and animals/nature. I've read about about both places in some gudebooks and simply can't choose. KC attractions that sound interesting are the zoo, Negro League museum, and Science City. STL attraction sound interesting are the Arch, Butterfly House, and City Museum. Any suggestions or insight about either city is welcome...make your case for why we should choose one over the other. Thanks!
Kansas City or St. Louis?
View all United States activity »
- 1 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 2 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 5 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 6 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 7 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 8 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 9 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 10 Warm and don't Drive
- 11 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 12 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 13 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 14 Rockport, MA dining?
- 15 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 16 Princeville in January
- 17 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 18 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 19 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 20 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 21 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 22 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 23 RIP Judy Rogers
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE