Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 2 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 3 Transportation between Seattle airport and Victoria Clipper pier
- 4 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 5 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 6 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 7 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 8 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 9 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 10 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 11 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 12 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 13 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 14 A Beautiful Bike Ride in Southern Delaware (Rehoboth, Bethany)
- 15 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 16 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 17 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help
- 18 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 19 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 20 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 21 Long Island Advice
- 22 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 23 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 24 Philadelphia ?
- 25 Tour of the Wester US