Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast in December
- 2 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 6 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 7 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 8 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 9 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Florida St George's Island
- 12 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 15 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 25 Breckenridge in October