Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 2 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 3 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 4 Barrow Alaska
- 5 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 6 Salt Lake City
- 7 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 8 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 9 Park City Utah
- 10 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 Maine in latter half of September
- 13 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 14 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 15 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 16 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 17 Colorado trip
- 18 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 19 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 20 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 21 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 22 Alaska- Best tours
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 24 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 25 First visit in New Mexico