Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 The Cindy Shearin Group Bottom Line
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 10 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 11 Visiting Denver
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 16 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 17 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 18 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 19 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 20 A day in Dallas
- 21 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 22 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 23 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 24 Door County Suggestions
- 25 Best seafood restaurant in Boston