Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to dress in Vegas
- 2 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 3 Cape Cod in October
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 6 charlotte
- 7 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 8 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 9 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 10 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 11 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 12 Sonoma or napa?
- 13 USA trip
- 14 Black Hills Trip Report
- 15 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 16 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 17 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 Theater Historians
- 20 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 21 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 22 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 23 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 24 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 25 Triple threat storms and lava flow