Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 2 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 3 Boston/Fenway park
- 4 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 5 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 6 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 7 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 8 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 9 Atlanta with kids
- 10 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 11 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 12 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 13 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 14 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 15 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 20 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 21 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 22 Family Camp in Maine
- 23 San Diego
- 24 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 25 2 Days in Portland - Best of?