Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 2 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 3 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 4 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 5 San Diego with Kids
- 6 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 7 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 8 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 9 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 10 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 11 Vegas hotels for families
- 12 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 13 Transportation help in Philly
- 14 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 15 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 16 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 17 Temecula< CA
- 18 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 19 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 20 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 21 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 22 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 23 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 24 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 25 New York - October with 7 yr old