Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 2 Boca Grande or Siesta Key?
- 3 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 4 Alaska- two days in Seward
- 5 Looking For best Holiday Destination
- 6 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 7 Charlesmark Hotel, Boston-opinions?
- 8 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 9 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 10 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 11 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 12 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 13 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 14 Best way to get discounts on hotel rooms? Priceline?
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 16 We are flying into Phoenix in November
- 17 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 18 Phoenix, Grand Canyon & Sedona with kids
- 19 Advice on Roadtrip
- 20 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 21 Zion the narrows
- 22 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 23 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 24 Paso Robles Here We Come...!
- 25 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip