Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 2 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 3 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 4 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 Dining in Manhattan
- 7 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 8 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 9 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 10 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 11 From Seattle airport to the city
- 12 General Utah planning questions
- 13 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 14 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 15 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 16 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 17 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 18 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 19 New York City Christmas Trip
- 20 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 21 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 22 Colorado Skiing
- 23 American Honeymoon in March
- 24 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 25 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon