Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 4 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 5 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 6 Locker at JFK
- 7 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 8 San Diego grocery stores
- 9 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 10 Best places to move to Florida?
- 11 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 12 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 13 Question about Miami travel
- 14 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 15 Key Largo, FL
- 16 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 17 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 18 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 21 West Coast Bound End of March
- 22 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 23 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 24 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 25 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days