Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
View all United States activity »
- 1 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 2 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 3 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 4 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 5 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 6 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 7 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 8 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 9 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 10 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 11 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 12 Vero Beach FL
- 13 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 14 Question about Boulder area
- 15 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 16 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 17 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 18 Savanah Sojourn
- 19 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 20 San Antonio
- 21 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 22 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 23 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 24 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 25 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?