Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
View all United States activity »
- 1 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 2 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 3 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 4 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 5 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 6 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 7 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 8 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 Biloxi questions again
- 11 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 12 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 13 Madison Square Garden
- 14 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 15 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 16 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 17 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 18 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 19 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 20 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 21 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 22 Warm and don't Drive
- 23 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 24 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 25 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona