Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 2 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 3 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 4 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 5 Phoenix, Grand Canyon & Sedona with kids
- 6 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 7 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 8 Advice on Roadtrip
- 9 Best way to get discounts on hotel rooms? Priceline?
- 10 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 11 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 12 cincinnati with kids
- 13 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 14 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 15 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 16 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 17 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 18 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 19 Zion the narrows
- 20 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 21 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 22 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 23 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 24 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 25 Los Angeles day trips