Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 2 suggestions for mobile auto repair glass company in utah
- 3 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 4 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 5 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 6 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 7 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 8 Car Needed in Austin?
- 9 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 10 West Coast Road Trip
- 11 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 12 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 13 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 14 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 15 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 16 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 17 Maui itinerary
- 18 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 19 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 20 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 21 East Coast Road Trip
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Pirateland SC
- 24 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 25 San Diego with Kids