Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 2 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 3 10 day trip to California
- 4 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 5 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 6 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Rafting near Denali
- 9 New York City Restaurants
- 10 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 11 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 12 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 13 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 14 Kennedy Space Center
- 15 Week in October in Maine
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 18 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 19 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 20 B-Day Mini adventure
- 21 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 22 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 23 Timeshare Nightmares
- 24 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 25 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play