Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 must see and do's in Maui?
- 2 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 3 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 4 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon
- 5 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 6 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 7 New York City - apartment locations
- 8 Boston to see Sargent works
- 9 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 10 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 11 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 12 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 13 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 14 Girls' Getaway
- 15 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 16 Car Rental in Sedona
- 17 places to stay south coast long island NY
- 18 NYC hotel/July
- 19 3-Days Driving from Denver to Santa Fe: Suggestions?
- 20 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 21 new york subway help please
- 22 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 23 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 24 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 25 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states