Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle: Something Different?
- 2 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 3 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 4 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 5 ONP help
- 6 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 7 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 8 California road trip
- 9 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 10 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 11 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 12 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 13 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 14 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 15 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 16 Road Tour in Usa
- 17 So you love handbags!
- 18 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 19 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 20 replica designer handbags
- 21 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 22 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 23 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 24 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 25 Re-Visit DC