Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 3 Puerto Rico need advice - La Concha Renaissance vs San Juan Marriott
- 4 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 5 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 6 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 7 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 8 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 9 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 10 Chicago trip
- 11 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 12 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 13 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 14 moving to florida
- 15 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 16 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 17 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 18 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 19 Santa Barbara, California
- 20 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 21 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 22 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 23 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Road Trip SW