Hello, Fodorites! My younger brother just accepted a job at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS and I am helping him move this week. As "payment" for my services, we are going to spend one full day and night in Kansas City before I fly home on Sunday. I have been prowling online for several days, researching things to do and places to eat, but before I head out, I thought I would see if there are any last minute tips or hints from this forum. Because of the length and nature of this trip, we are looking for more casual places to eat, but we are both adventurous eaters and prefer local places to chains. Right now, as far as places to see, we have the World War I museum, the Nelson Atkins museum, and possibly the American Jazz Museum. Combined with some strolling/shopping in the Country Club Plaza area and this seems like a full day (maybe too full, but we can always drop something). So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks!
Kansas City for one day and night
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 2 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 3 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 4 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 5 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 8 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 9 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 10 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 11 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 12 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 13 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 14 Transportation help in Philly
- 15 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 16 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 17 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 18 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 19 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 20 Hilton Midtown New York
- 21 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 22 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 23 Tour companies
- 24 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 25 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!