My husband and I will take our 25 anniversary vacation to the New England states in just a few weeks. We fly into Providence on June 25, and get our rental car. We're not interested in BIG cities, we're looking for beautiful nature scenes and quaint towns. I was thinking about staying in Rockport the first couple of nights, then onto Ogunquit, ME, and then Bar Harbor ME. Our very early flight back home from Providence is July 2, so we are staying near the airport on the last night. I need help knowing how long to stay at each destination, can't miss sights, and a route back from Bar Harbor to Providence. All suggestions would be appreciated.
June trip to Maine, any can't miss destinations? suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 2 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 3 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 4 San Francisco - mid October
- 5 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 6 Apartment Rentals DC
- 7 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 8 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 9 Zion to Albuquerque
- 10 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 11 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 12 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 13 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 14 Vegas hotels for families
- 15 Round trip from Chicago
- 16 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 17 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 18 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 19 Tour companies
- 20 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 21 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 Quick Trip to NYC
- 24 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 25 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed