My husband, 3 teenage boys and I are going to California in June/July for 12 nights and I would appreciate any advice you could give. This is the only family trip we will get to Ca so I know we want to see as much as possible.
June 23rd fly into San Fran in time for supper
24th see Alcatraz and other suggestions
25th, 26th, open-maybe the coast?
27th-30th stay in Curry Village in Yosemite, hike and check out park
30th go to L.A. and see cousins- (my cousin works at Warner Bros.), hopefully see some studios, Universal Studios Park maybe La Brea Tar Pits (kids loved dinosaurs growing up) or other suggestions. If we have been to Disney World in Orlando and our time is limited, is it worth it to go to Disney Land?
July 2nd - 5th open- LA, San Diego, or the coast?
We fly home early on the 5th from San Francisco. I wish we could stay longer and fly home from San Diego but these tickets were the only 25,000 mile priced available.
My kids like: nature/animals and hiking, history and military museums, movie related sites, amusement parks, the beach. We have hiked 6 hrs in a day before, so we can do pretty active things to see the great outdoors.
I am reading all of the other family posts on California from last two years, so if you gave someone a lot of info you don't have to repeat it all to me. But someone else may have different requirements and different advice than they needed and I appreciate your time!
My questions are:
We would like to see Big Sur and other coastal areas. We go to beautiful beaches on the gulf coast but are excited about seeing the cliffs and big waves in California. We would also like to go to San Diego to see Sea World and the zoo. Unfortunately we couldn't fly home from San Diego like we hoped. What what you spend your time on for our open days? the coast, San Diego, or more days in L.A., other national parks south of San Fran?
Also any tips on Yosemite not posted already would be great.
We have no hotel reservations yet except for the 3 nights in Yosemite which I got in October. I hope to get hotel rooms that are $150 or less and will look for deals. We haven't rented a car yet either. I know we will be driving a lot. I just want to see as much as we can.
Thanks in advance y'all!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ~~Support**(((1-855-826-7859))))quickbooks pro tech support number?
- 2 An main element is the Tru average skin Cream hyaluronic
- 3 My Joyful Testimony
- 4 BUSSINESS SPONSORSHIP
- 5 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 6 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 7 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 10 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 11 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 12 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 13 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 14 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 15 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 16 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 17 Relocating to the Deep South
- 18 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 19 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 20 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 21 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 22 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 23 south west family trip itinerary
- 24 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!