My husband, 3 teenage boys and I are going to California in June/July for 12 nights and I would appreciate any advice you could give. This is the only family trip we will get to Ca so I know we want to see as much as possible.
June 23rd fly into San Fran in time for supper
24th see Alcatraz and other suggestions
25th, 26th, open-maybe the coast?
27th-30th stay in Curry Village in Yosemite, hike and check out park
30th go to L.A. and see cousins- (my cousin works at Warner Bros.), hopefully see some studios, Universal Studios Park maybe La Brea Tar Pits (kids loved dinosaurs growing up) or other suggestions. If we have been to Disney World in Orlando and our time is limited, is it worth it to go to Disney Land?
July 2nd - 5th open- LA, San Diego, or the coast?
We fly home early on the 5th from San Francisco. I wish we could stay longer and fly home from San Diego but these tickets were the only 25,000 mile priced available.
My kids like: nature/animals and hiking, history and military museums, movie related sites, amusement parks, the beach. We have hiked 6 hrs in a day before, so we can do pretty active things to see the great outdoors.
I am reading all of the other family posts on California from last two years, so if you gave someone a lot of info you don't have to repeat it all to me. But someone else may have different requirements and different advice than they needed and I appreciate your time!
My questions are:
We would like to see Big Sur and other coastal areas. We go to beautiful beaches on the gulf coast but are excited about seeing the cliffs and big waves in California. We would also like to go to San Diego to see Sea World and the zoo. Unfortunately we couldn't fly home from San Diego like we hoped. What what you spend your time on for our open days? the coast, San Diego, or more days in L.A., other national parks south of San Fran?
Also any tips on Yosemite not posted already would be great.
We have no hotel reservations yet except for the 3 nights in Yosemite which I got in October. I hope to get hotel rooms that are $150 or less and will look for deals. We haven't rented a car yet either. I know we will be driving a lot. I just want to see as much as we can.
Thanks in advance y'all!
June trip San Fran, Yosemite, L.A. with 3 teenage boys
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 T-Shirts for Halloween day!
- 2 Timeshare Nightmares
- 3 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 4 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 5 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 6 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 7 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 12 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 13 How to dress in Vegas
- 14 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 15 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 16 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 17 USA trip
- 18 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 19 Chicago Questions
- 20 Air Connections on Maui
- 21 camaro hire in waikiki
- 22 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 23 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 24 Breckenridge in October
- 25 New Orleans in November - too cool?