Thanks for the Miami trip planning advice. Here goes:
Landed MIA around 12:30 yesterday. Had lunch at Shula's the airport. Food was just so-so - was really expecting more.
Took MetroRail to Govt. Center then walked to Courtyard Miami Downtown. Was a long walk from my airport terminal to MetroRail, but the cost savings were worth it. I made some snafus trying to put my credit card in the right way - awkward.
Walked a little around the hotel and pool. All pretty standard fare. What I thought was really nice, was that they gave me a coupon for a free drink at the bar later that night - definitely a cut above. Was a bit of a line to check in. Decor was a bit dated in places, but I liked the red color accents.
Took cab to Miami Beach. Ugh what traffic. Did a nice self-guided art deco walk from National Geographic, with some stops on the Beach and at Palace. Miami is so much like LA, where I just moved from. Had a nice dinner at Rosalina's on Lincoln mall, then for a drink at Score, and then spent a while at a Starbucks. My battery was running low, so I bought a charger/plug at a nearby shop for $30. Big mistake - kind of messed my phone up for most of the rest of the night. That will surely teach me. Walked into Twist but did not really go inside. Cabbed back to hotel, and a had nice drink in the bar with a local.
Walked from Courtyard to JW Marriott Miami. No rooms ready yet. Read the paper at the pool - was so windy. I loved the walk over - so many great buildings. Then, been putzing around Brickell. Had a good lunch at Dolores, although one waitress only spoke Spanish. Definitely a strong Latin influence here. Did a bit more walking around, including down by the water. Relaxing again at hotel for a few minutes.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Truth to know about Alta White before using
- 2 Hawaii with older parents
- 3 http://newmusclesupplements.com/postdrox/
- 4 http://nutrahealthtrimsite.com/lux-derma/
- 5 http://elevategffacts.com/xplosive-vital/
- 6 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 7 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 8 http://newmusclesupplements.com/postdrox/
- 9 Yellowstone
- 10 4 Days in Mass.
- 11 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 12 Bracebridge Dinner at the Ahwahnee Hotel
- 13 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 14 East Coast Road Trip - What maps to use?
- 15 Any Recent Travelers on I 80 in Iowa and Nebraska
- 16 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 17 Uber availability on Long Island
- 18 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 19 Fort Myers Area
- 20 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 21 Help with vegas to phoenix national parks roadtrip in november
- 22 NYE in FLL or Miami Beach
- 23 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 24 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 25 Christmas Day in NYC?