Thanks for the Miami trip planning advice. Here goes:
Landed MIA around 12:30 yesterday. Had lunch at Shula's the airport. Food was just so-so - was really expecting more.
Took MetroRail to Govt. Center then walked to Courtyard Miami Downtown. Was a long walk from my airport terminal to MetroRail, but the cost savings were worth it. I made some snafus trying to put my credit card in the right way - awkward.
Walked a little around the hotel and pool. All pretty standard fare. What I thought was really nice, was that they gave me a coupon for a free drink at the bar later that night - definitely a cut above. Was a bit of a line to check in. Decor was a bit dated in places, but I liked the red color accents.
Took cab to Miami Beach. Ugh what traffic. Did a nice self-guided art deco walk from National Geographic, with some stops on the Beach and at Palace. Miami is so much like LA, where I just moved from. Had a nice dinner at Rosalina's on Lincoln mall, then for a drink at Score, and then spent a while at a Starbucks. My battery was running low, so I bought a charger/plug at a nearby shop for $30. Big mistake - kind of messed my phone up for most of the rest of the night. That will surely teach me. Walked into Twist but did not really go inside. Cabbed back to hotel, and a had nice drink in the bar with a local.
Walked from Courtyard to JW Marriott Miami. No rooms ready yet. Read the paper at the pool - was so windy. I loved the walk over - so many great buildings. Then, been putzing around Brickell. Had a good lunch at Dolores, although one waitress only spoke Spanish. Definitely a strong Latin influence here. Did a bit more walking around, including down by the water. Relaxing again at hotel for a few minutes.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/test-reload-review/
- 2 Regenes Lift Trails
- 3 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/test-reload-review/
- 4 Although performing the LA Weight Loss!
- 5 TestoGen - Personal supplement reviews and results
- 6 Newark to Paris
- 7 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 8 Napa Valley Hotel
- 9 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 10 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 11 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 12 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 13 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 14 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 15 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 16 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 17 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 18 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 19 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 20 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 21 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 22 Depot Bay OR
- 23 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 24 A June trip to Kauai
- 25 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?