Thanks for the Miami trip planning advice. Here goes:
Landed MIA around 12:30 yesterday. Had lunch at Shula's the airport. Food was just so-so - was really expecting more.
Took MetroRail to Govt. Center then walked to Courtyard Miami Downtown. Was a long walk from my airport terminal to MetroRail, but the cost savings were worth it. I made some snafus trying to put my credit card in the right way - awkward.
Walked a little around the hotel and pool. All pretty standard fare. What I thought was really nice, was that they gave me a coupon for a free drink at the bar later that night - definitely a cut above. Was a bit of a line to check in. Decor was a bit dated in places, but I liked the red color accents.
Took cab to Miami Beach. Ugh what traffic. Did a nice self-guided art deco walk from National Geographic, with some stops on the Beach and at Palace. Miami is so much like LA, where I just moved from. Had a nice dinner at Rosalina's on Lincoln mall, then for a drink at Score, and then spent a while at a Starbucks. My battery was running low, so I bought a charger/plug at a nearby shop for $30. Big mistake - kind of messed my phone up for most of the rest of the night. That will surely teach me. Walked into Twist but did not really go inside. Cabbed back to hotel, and a had nice drink in the bar with a local.
Walked from Courtyard to JW Marriott Miami. No rooms ready yet. Read the paper at the pool - was so windy. I loved the walk over - so many great buildings. Then, been putzing around Brickell. Had a good lunch at Dolores, although one waitress only spoke Spanish. Definitely a strong Latin influence here. Did a bit more walking around, including down by the water. Relaxing again at hotel for a few minutes.
Joe Tro's Miami trip report
- 1 FPI Security Services
- 2 How to plan San Diego trip
- 3 IMPORTANT! Hawaii Ocean Safety Tips!
- 4 Washington Wineries
- 5 Airport luggage tamparing
- 6 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 7 California, Northern
- 8 GROCERY STORES MAUI, HAWAII
- 9 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 10 Visitor ocean awareness Kauai/statewide
- 11 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 12 Best museums and botanical gardens in the Hawaiian Islands?
- 13 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 14 Maui Rain Forest Hike vs Haleakala Crater Hike vs Downhill Bike Ride
- 15 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 16 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 17 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 18 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 19 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 20 Using public transit in San Diego
- 21 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 22 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 23 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 24 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 25 East coast tour - Part1: NYC