Thanks for the Miami trip planning advice. Here goes:
Landed MIA around 12:30 yesterday. Had lunch at Shula's the airport. Food was just so-so - was really expecting more.
Took MetroRail to Govt. Center then walked to Courtyard Miami Downtown. Was a long walk from my airport terminal to MetroRail, but the cost savings were worth it. I made some snafus trying to put my credit card in the right way - awkward.
Walked a little around the hotel and pool. All pretty standard fare. What I thought was really nice, was that they gave me a coupon for a free drink at the bar later that night - definitely a cut above. Was a bit of a line to check in. Decor was a bit dated in places, but I liked the red color accents.
Took cab to Miami Beach. Ugh what traffic. Did a nice self-guided art deco walk from National Geographic, with some stops on the Beach and at Palace. Miami is so much like LA, where I just moved from. Had a nice dinner at Rosalina's on Lincoln mall, then for a drink at Score, and then spent a while at a Starbucks. My battery was running low, so I bought a charger/plug at a nearby shop for $30. Big mistake - kind of messed my phone up for most of the rest of the night. That will surely teach me. Walked into Twist but did not really go inside. Cabbed back to hotel, and a had nice drink in the bar with a local.
Walked from Courtyard to JW Marriott Miami. No rooms ready yet. Read the paper at the pool - was so windy. I loved the walk over - so many great buildings. Then, been putzing around Brickell. Had a good lunch at Dolores, although one waitress only spoke Spanish. Definitely a strong Latin influence here. Did a bit more walking around, including down by the water. Relaxing again at hotel for a few minutes.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Newport RI Jazz Festival
- 2 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 3 Alcatrez sold out
- 4 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 5 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 6 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 7 WA to CT
- 8 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 9 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 10 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 11 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 12 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 13 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 14 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 15 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 16 Maine weather and temps
- 17 L.A. and Sequoia
- 18 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 19 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 20 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 21 Broadway
- 22 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 23 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 24 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 25 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami