Thanks for the Miami trip planning advice. Here goes:
Landed MIA around 12:30 yesterday. Had lunch at Shula's the airport. Food was just so-so - was really expecting more.
Took MetroRail to Govt. Center then walked to Courtyard Miami Downtown. Was a long walk from my airport terminal to MetroRail, but the cost savings were worth it. I made some snafus trying to put my credit card in the right way - awkward.
Walked a little around the hotel and pool. All pretty standard fare. What I thought was really nice, was that they gave me a coupon for a free drink at the bar later that night - definitely a cut above. Was a bit of a line to check in. Decor was a bit dated in places, but I liked the red color accents.
Took cab to Miami Beach. Ugh what traffic. Did a nice self-guided art deco walk from National Geographic, with some stops on the Beach and at Palace. Miami is so much like LA, where I just moved from. Had a nice dinner at Rosalina's on Lincoln mall, then for a drink at Score, and then spent a while at a Starbucks. My battery was running low, so I bought a charger/plug at a nearby shop for $30. Big mistake - kind of messed my phone up for most of the rest of the night. That will surely teach me. Walked into Twist but did not really go inside. Cabbed back to hotel, and a had nice drink in the bar with a local.
Walked from Courtyard to JW Marriott Miami. No rooms ready yet. Read the paper at the pool - was so windy. I loved the walk over - so many great buildings. Then, been putzing around Brickell. Had a good lunch at Dolores, although one waitress only spoke Spanish. Definitely a strong Latin influence here. Did a bit more walking around, including down by the water. Relaxing again at hotel for a few minutes.
Joe Tro's Miami trip report
- 1 Trying To Find a Place
- 2 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 3 Columbus food !
- 4 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 5 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 6 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 7 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 8 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 9 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 10 Late night transportation PDX to downtown Portland?
- 11 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 12 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 13 TIMESHARE uour opinion on buying timeshare
- 14 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 15 Driving trip from Toronto to San Antonio
- 16 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 17 One day in NYC
- 18 National Parks?
- 19 Marcola?
- 20 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 21 Cape Cod, Nuntucket or Martha's Vineyard
- 22 Updates from Hanalei
- 23 Best Art Museum to visit for first time visitors to DC
- 24 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 25 Hotels in New Orleans