The last of my interviews is tomorrow (starting at 8 am - yuck).
Today was mostly a travel day, starting at 6 am and ending after 6 pm EST. Not super fun, but lots of thinking and sleeping. Took a shared ride van from the Charleston airport for $12. Not a big hassle/deal. Checked into Ashley B and B. I miss my Courtyard desks and more room, but it should work out okay. The wireless is good. Walked to Hominany Grill nearby and had a great special chicken/avocado/orange salad. Now planning to work and read before an early bedtime.
I'm kind of bummed, to be honest. Tomorrow I have an interview until 2 to 2:30 and then coffee with a friend. I'm hoping to walk from MUSC to Dudley on Ann's for a drink before walking from there to Blossom for dinner. Not sure if that is practical, but the weekend transportation seems to be very limited. The real bad news for me is that Sunday morning/early afternoon was meant to be my sightseeing day, but virtually nothing is open until 1 or 2, and my flight is at 4:45. Not sure what to do with my time ...
Joe Tro's Charleston trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Question about Miami travel
- 2 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 3 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 4 Best places to move to Florida?
- 5 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 6 Locker at JFK
- 7 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 8 Key Largo, FL
- 9 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 10 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 11 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 12 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 13 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 14 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 15 West Coast Bound End of March
- 16 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 17 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 18 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 19 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 20 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 23 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 24 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 25 Philadelphia