The last of my interviews is tomorrow (starting at 8 am - yuck).
Today was mostly a travel day, starting at 6 am and ending after 6 pm EST. Not super fun, but lots of thinking and sleeping. Took a shared ride van from the Charleston airport for $12. Not a big hassle/deal. Checked into Ashley B and B. I miss my Courtyard desks and more room, but it should work out okay. The wireless is good. Walked to Hominany Grill nearby and had a great special chicken/avocado/orange salad. Now planning to work and read before an early bedtime.
I'm kind of bummed, to be honest. Tomorrow I have an interview until 2 to 2:30 and then coffee with a friend. I'm hoping to walk from MUSC to Dudley on Ann's for a drink before walking from there to Blossom for dinner. Not sure if that is practical, but the weekend transportation seems to be very limited. The real bad news for me is that Sunday morning/early afternoon was meant to be my sightseeing day, but virtually nothing is open until 1 or 2, and my flight is at 4:45. Not sure what to do with my time ...
Joe Tro's Charleston trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 2 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 3 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 7 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 10 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 11 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 12 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 13 Kennedy Space Center
- 14 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 15 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 16 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 17 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 20 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 21 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014