The last of my interviews is tomorrow (starting at 8 am - yuck).
Today was mostly a travel day, starting at 6 am and ending after 6 pm EST. Not super fun, but lots of thinking and sleeping. Took a shared ride van from the Charleston airport for $12. Not a big hassle/deal. Checked into Ashley B and B. I miss my Courtyard desks and more room, but it should work out okay. The wireless is good. Walked to Hominany Grill nearby and had a great special chicken/avocado/orange salad. Now planning to work and read before an early bedtime.
I'm kind of bummed, to be honest. Tomorrow I have an interview until 2 to 2:30 and then coffee with a friend. I'm hoping to walk from MUSC to Dudley on Ann's for a drink before walking from there to Blossom for dinner. Not sure if that is practical, but the weekend transportation seems to be very limited. The real bad news for me is that Sunday morning/early afternoon was meant to be my sightseeing day, but virtually nothing is open until 1 or 2, and my flight is at 4:45. Not sure what to do with my time ...
Joe Tro's Charleston trip report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 7 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 8 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 17 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 18 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 19 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 20 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Dining in D.C.
- 23 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 24 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?