We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/testo-black-xt
- 2 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Watch guardians of the galaxy vol.2 l Movie In HD Quality
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Erectimax @ http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/erectimax/
- 7 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 8 Alaska cruise
- 9 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 10 Sonoma
- 11 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 12 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 13 New Orleans
- 14 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 15 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 16 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 17 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 18 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 19 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 20 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 21 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 22 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 23 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 24 AR State Parks
- 25 California Trip