We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 2 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 3 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 4 New York Movie Tours & TV Show Tours on your Mobile
- 5 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 6 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 7 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 8 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 9 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 10 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 11 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 12 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 13 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 14 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 15 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 16 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 17 Is the New York subway safe?
- 18 Skiing New Mexico
- 19 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 20 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 21 Where to from Tampa?
- 22 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 23 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 24 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 25 Take the T or cab from Logan