We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 4 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 5 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 6 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 7 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 8 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 11 Thanksgiving in St. Louis
- 12 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 13 Best place to eat in Portland (Oregon) Airport?
- 14 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 15 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 16 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 17 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 18 best of yellowstone
- 19 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 20 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 21 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 22 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 23 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 24 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 25 Vegas hotels for families