We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 2 Northwest USA
- 3 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 4 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 5 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 6 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 7 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 8 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 9 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 10 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 11 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 12 Hotels Philly
- 13 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 14 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 15 Green Flea in NYC
- 16 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 17 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 18 Orlando in March
- 19 New England September
- 20 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 21 Ackislander
- 22 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 23 Cross Country RV Trip
- 24 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 25 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL