We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 4 Cape Cod in October
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 7 charlotte
- 8 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 9 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 10 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 11 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 12 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 13 Sonoma or napa?
- 14 USA trip
- 15 Black Hills Trip Report
- 16 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 17 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 18 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 19 Air Connections on Maui
- 20 Theater Historians
- 21 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 22 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 23 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 24 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 25 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips