We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 star hotels in manhattan
- 2 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 3 San Francisco - mid October
- 4 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 5 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 6 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 7 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 8 best area to stay in san diego
- 9 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 12 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 13 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 14 Denver 1 day in denver
- 15 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 16 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 17 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 18 Burlington VT day trip
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 21 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 22 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 23 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 24 Vegas hotels for families
- 25 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South