We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
- 1 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 2 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 3 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 4 6 nights go in a blink of an eye! A quick trip to Waikiki
- 5 Disneyworld Stay January 2014
- 6 3 week Holiday Late December/January
- 7 Priceline, WARNING
- 8 Less commercial beach?
- 9 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 10 French Broad Market in Ashville, NC
- 11 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 12 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 13 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 14 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 15 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 16 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 17 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 18 stay near newark or nyc
- 19 New York City Parking
- 20 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 21 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 22 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 23 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 24 Washington Wineries
- 25 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?