We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 2 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 3 Maui vacation
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 6 Brooklyn why?
- 7 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 8 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 9 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 10 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 11 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 12 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 13 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 14 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 17 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 18 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 19 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 20 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 21 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 22 New York City Restaurants
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 25 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?