We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
- 1 Madison Square Garden
- 2 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 3 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 4 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 5 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 6 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 7 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 8 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 9 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 10 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 11 hotel near Met NYC
- 12 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 13 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 14 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 17 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 18 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 19 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 20 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 21 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 22 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 23 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 24 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 25 First time to Austin-San Antonio area