We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Berkshires
- 2 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 3 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 4 Montana- what are must see places?
- 5 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 6 Sea world San Diego
- 7 Clearwater visit.
- 8 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 9 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 10 Hawaii is still Hell
- 11 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 12 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 13 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 14 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 15 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 16 Spring Break in Charleston
- 17 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 18 Charleston Airport Hotel
- 19 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 20 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 21 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 22 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 23 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 24 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 25 Las Vegas in March