We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2 USA with a 3 year old
- 3 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 4 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 11 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 14 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 15 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 16 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 17 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 20 Wedding venue in NH
- 21 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 22 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 23 San Diego parks and attractions
- 24 Alaska
- 25 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah