We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 Boston area -- nature
- 3 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 4 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 5 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 8 4 week family trip ideas
- 9 SFO black friday traffic
- 10 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 11 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 12 California & French Polynesia
- 13 General Utah planning questions
- 14 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 15 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 16 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 17 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 18 Dining in Manhattan
- 19 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 How to dress in Vegas
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 25 St Patrick's renovations