We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
- 1 Cheapest wireless internet services
- 2 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 3 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 4 Warm and don't Drive
- 5 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 6 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 7 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 8 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 9 RIP Judy Rogers
- 10 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 11 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 12 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 13 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 14 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 15 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 16 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 17 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 18 hotel near Met NYC
- 19 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 20 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 21 Princeville in January
- 22 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 23 pa to az
- 24 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 25 Savanah Sojourn