We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 Kennebunkport and....?
- 4 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 5 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 6 Wedding in Hawaii
- 7 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 8 rain in Kauai
- 9 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 10 Alaska cruise and land
- 11 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 12 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 13 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 14 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 15 Where to go in Maine?
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 18 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 19 SF to DR? WTH!
- 20 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 21 NYC Itinerary Help
- 22 WISCONSIN
- 23 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 24 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 25 Baggage on United and Delta Flights