We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 2 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 3 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 4 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 7 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 8 Vegas hotels for families
- 9 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 10 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 11 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 12 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 13 San Francisco - mid October
- 14 denver to badlands
- 15 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 16 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 17 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 18 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Men's Open Final 30th Annual Quiksilver-Big Island Toyota Big Island Pro-Am
- 21 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 22 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 23 Ogunquit to Boston Logan Travel Time
- 24 Vanc BC-Balti w/change in Denver - how much time for immigration?
- 25 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?