We are flying into JFK on a Thursday afternoon (landing around 2:30pm) and then flying out on Sunday afternoon (departing around 4pm). My wife and I are trying to decide if it would be better for us to take a cab to Midtown or to take the LIRR to Jamaica Station then E Train into Midtown.
Originally we were leaning towards taking a cab, but have given it some more thought. One pro of taking the train/sub was that it is much cheaper. Compare at roughly $120+ for a cab (round-trip, + gratuity) to only $30 (2 passengers) round trip. I also wonder if it will be quicker taking the train/subway than a cab due to bypassing traffic. According to the MTA site, travel time is roughly 1 hour.
However, do people frequently take the subway from the airport? Would there be room for my wife and I to bring our luggage? I am restricting my wife to only one piece of luggage for each of us (easier said than done!) I don't mind schlepping our bags up and down some stairs, but just want to make sure its normal and safe to travel with luggage on the subway.
I appreciate any insight!
JFK to Midtown
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 2 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 5 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 6 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 7 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 8 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 9 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 10 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 11 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 12 Grand Teton in October
- 13 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 14 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 15 adams morgan - safety
- 16 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 17 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 18 Morning in miami
- 19 Las Vegas must sees
- 20 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 21 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 22 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 23 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 24 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 25 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis