I had this as part of another thread, but decided since we've decided on WY, I'd post this request separately. My husband and I are going to the Jackson Hole area the first week of October. I believe we are going to fly in and out of Idaho Falls, Oct. 1-8, so we will essentially have 6 days to fill. We are thinking of spending all our time in Jackson/GT or 4 days in Jackson/GT (1 day in town/3 in GT, with flex in the evenings) and 2 days in Yellowstone? Perhaps the lower 8 as I believe they call it? We enjoy hiking (casual hikers who do so frequently, but by no means expert!), biking, and if available still at that time of year, we would definitely consider a rafting trip - though I am guessing our options are seriously limited at this time of year. Also, the last day of the aerial tram is Oct. 2. Is it worth trying to do this? I haven't looked into the rafting or tram much at this point. I recognize we will only begin to make a dent in the spectacular offerings of the area, but one thing I've learned in my travels is that sometimes by doing everything, you see and enjoy nothing. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Jackson, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone in Oct. Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 4 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 5 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 6 Tipping advice
- 7 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 8 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 9 Key West Hotel in January
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 los angeles restaurants
- 12 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 13 West Maui Restaurants
- 14 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 17 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 18 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 19 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 20 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 21 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 San Diego Little Italy
- 24 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 25 Healdsburg tips