I had this as part of another thread, but decided since we've decided on WY, I'd post this request separately. My husband and I are going to the Jackson Hole area the first week of October. I believe we are going to fly in and out of Idaho Falls, Oct. 1-8, so we will essentially have 6 days to fill. We are thinking of spending all our time in Jackson/GT or 4 days in Jackson/GT (1 day in town/3 in GT, with flex in the evenings) and 2 days in Yellowstone? Perhaps the lower 8 as I believe they call it? We enjoy hiking (casual hikers who do so frequently, but by no means expert!), biking, and if available still at that time of year, we would definitely consider a rafting trip - though I am guessing our options are seriously limited at this time of year. Also, the last day of the aerial tram is Oct. 2. Is it worth trying to do this? I haven't looked into the rafting or tram much at this point. I recognize we will only begin to make a dent in the spectacular offerings of the area, but one thing I've learned in my travels is that sometimes by doing everything, you see and enjoy nothing. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Jackson, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone in Oct. Itinerary Help
View all United States activity »
- 1 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 2 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 3 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 4 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 5 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 6 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 7 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 8 Warm and don't Drive
- 9 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 10 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 11 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 12 Biloxi questions again
- 13 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 14 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 15 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 16 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 19 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 20 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 23 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 24 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 25 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?