I had this as part of another thread, but decided since we've decided on WY, I'd post this request separately. My husband and I are going to the Jackson Hole area the first week of October. I believe we are going to fly in and out of Idaho Falls, Oct. 1-8, so we will essentially have 6 days to fill. We are thinking of spending all our time in Jackson/GT or 4 days in Jackson/GT (1 day in town/3 in GT, with flex in the evenings) and 2 days in Yellowstone? Perhaps the lower 8 as I believe they call it? We enjoy hiking (casual hikers who do so frequently, but by no means expert!), biking, and if available still at that time of year, we would definitely consider a rafting trip - though I am guessing our options are seriously limited at this time of year. Also, the last day of the aerial tram is Oct. 2. Is it worth trying to do this? I haven't looked into the rafting or tram much at this point. I recognize we will only begin to make a dent in the spectacular offerings of the area, but one thing I've learned in my travels is that sometimes by doing everything, you see and enjoy nothing. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Jackson, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone in Oct. Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 4 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 5 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 6 New York City Restaurants
- 7 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 8 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 9 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 10 Maui vacation
- 11 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 14 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 15 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 16 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 17 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 18 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 19 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 25 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!