My son and I would like to visit Harvard, Yale and Columbia to get a feel for the schools prior to accepting admissions. We will be flying in from CA and are interested in the best way to travel between the schools. I would like to travel via public transportation if that makes time/fncl sense because as I read in another post, that is the way he will be traveling when he gets there. The thing is we live in So Cal and there is no public transportation, so I really have no idea of how to plan this trip. Ultimately we will be at Harvard April 21-23 and Yale April 16-18th and perhaps Columbia either prior or in between. Any tips you have on making this an enjoyable, memorable trip will be greatly appreciated. Lastly, we are on a somewhat tight budget but we waited to see if he was admitted prior to making travel arrangements and now of course we don't have the luxury of the most advance purchase tickets.
Ivy League tour, Harvard, Yale and Columbia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cross Country RV Trip
- 2 Adventure Seeker/Artist in Seattle
- 3 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 4 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 5 Ackislander
- 6 Northern California in February
- 7 Universal Orlando
- 8 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 9 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 10 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 11 Roadtrip in the deep south in August?
- 12 California
- 13 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 14 Portsmouth NH without a car
- 15 East Coast Summer Vacation Destination
- 16 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 17 Sunday jazz brunch & weekday afternoon tea recs?
- 18 Florida or caribbean
- 19 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 20 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 21 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 22 Deep South sept 2015
- 23 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 24 Winter trip over the holiday season
- 25 New England September