My son and I would like to visit Harvard, Yale and Columbia to get a feel for the schools prior to accepting admissions. We will be flying in from CA and are interested in the best way to travel between the schools. I would like to travel via public transportation if that makes time/fncl sense because as I read in another post, that is the way he will be traveling when he gets there. The thing is we live in So Cal and there is no public transportation, so I really have no idea of how to plan this trip. Ultimately we will be at Harvard April 21-23 and Yale April 16-18th and perhaps Columbia either prior or in between. Any tips you have on making this an enjoyable, memorable trip will be greatly appreciated. Lastly, we are on a somewhat tight budget but we waited to see if he was admitted prior to making travel arrangements and now of course we don't have the luxury of the most advance purchase tickets.
Ivy League tour, Harvard, Yale and Columbia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 2 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 3 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 4 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 5 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 6 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 7 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 8 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 9 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 10 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 11 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 12 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 California road trip
- 16 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 17 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 18 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 19 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 20 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 21 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 22 Yosemite Fire
- 23 Lodging - Yosemite
- 24 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr