My son and I would like to visit Harvard, Yale and Columbia to get a feel for the schools prior to accepting admissions. We will be flying in from CA and are interested in the best way to travel between the schools. I would like to travel via public transportation if that makes time/fncl sense because as I read in another post, that is the way he will be traveling when he gets there. The thing is we live in So Cal and there is no public transportation, so I really have no idea of how to plan this trip. Ultimately we will be at Harvard April 21-23 and Yale April 16-18th and perhaps Columbia either prior or in between. Any tips you have on making this an enjoyable, memorable trip will be greatly appreciated. Lastly, we are on a somewhat tight budget but we waited to see if he was admitted prior to making travel arrangements and now of course we don't have the luxury of the most advance purchase tickets.
Ivy League tour, Harvard, Yale and Columbia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 2 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 3 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 4 ONP help
- 5 NYC Clubs for live music
- 6 Mesa Verde
- 7 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 8 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 9 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 10 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 11 Seattle Hyatts
- 12 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 13 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 14 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 15 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 16 Coastal New England Road trip
- 17 Seattle: Something Different?
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 20 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 21 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Park City ideas
- 24 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 25 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas