My son and I would like to visit Harvard, Yale and Columbia to get a feel for the schools prior to accepting admissions. We will be flying in from CA and are interested in the best way to travel between the schools. I would like to travel via public transportation if that makes time/fncl sense because as I read in another post, that is the way he will be traveling when he gets there. The thing is we live in So Cal and there is no public transportation, so I really have no idea of how to plan this trip. Ultimately we will be at Harvard April 21-23 and Yale April 16-18th and perhaps Columbia either prior or in between. Any tips you have on making this an enjoyable, memorable trip will be greatly appreciated. Lastly, we are on a somewhat tight budget but we waited to see if he was admitted prior to making travel arrangements and now of course we don't have the luxury of the most advance purchase tickets.
Ivy League tour, Harvard, Yale and Columbia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 2 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 5 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 6 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 7 Florida St George's Island
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 Washington DC in Spring?
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 12 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 13 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 16 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 17 Weekend in NYC
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 19 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 20 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 21 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 22 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 25 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC