Our hosts live in Lexington and have suggested that we find a place to stay there rather than in Louisville. They are business acquaintances (in fact, I've only spoken on the phone to the woman) involved in the equine insurance business. Besides shopping for a hat, making the lodging reservation is really all I have to do soon. Any recommendations for a good place to stay? Are there hotels downtown that would allow a visitor to walk to restaurants, etc?
I've been invited to the Kentucky Derby and have a Lexington question
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 2 Vegas hotels for families
- 3 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 4 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 5 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 6 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 7 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 8 Tour companies
- 9 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 12 Zion to Albuquerque
- 13 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 Quick Trip to NYC
- 16 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 17 San Francisco - mid October
- 18 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 19 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 20 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 21 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 22 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 23 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 24 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 25 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??