We are a family of four that includes a 17 year-old girl and a 14 year-old boy. We arrive Monday July 31st (next week) at LaGuardia and will be there 4 days leaving late on Friday. 4 p.m. flight. We are staying at the Wyndham 45 located at 45th Street and 3rd Avenue. This was a last-minute trip so I need some help please! We typically plan months in advance so I am very nervous.
It's our first trip to NYC so I decided to purchase the NYC CityPass. I've listed below the places included on the Pass. We don't have to go to all of them and are totally open to other suggestions! I'm also hoping for advice on WHEN to go to each attraction as well as food and restaurant suggestions.
Side Note : I purchased tickets to Kinky Boots on Tuesday night for my daughter and I and Yankee tickets for my husband and son that night. Other than that, we are totally open.
The following places are where we can go on the CityPass.
1. Empire State Building Observatory and one audio tour. Bonus Same-Night General Admission – enjoy a same-day second visit between 10pm and closing.
2.American Museum of Natural History, with one Hayden Planetarium Space Show
3.Metropolitan Museum of Art (includes all special exhibitions and same-day admission to the Cloisters museum and gardens)
4. Option Ticket - Guggenheim Museum OR Top of the Rock admission
5.Circle Line Sightseeing Cruise (your choice of a 2-hour Semi-Circle Cruise, a 2-hour Harbor Lights Cruise, a 75-minute Liberty Cruise, or The Beast speedboat tour)
6. 9/11 Memorial & Museum
We know it will be hot. It's 103 today in Dallas. However, we are not used to walking around all day, especially in that type of heat/humidity so we are thinking early morning and evening hours for outside things.
Central Park is a must as well but I have read it is huge. Thoughts on what to focus on there?
Thank you so much, in advance, for any help, suggestions or advice. It is very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Tour
- 2 Blue Ridge Parkway/Great Smoky Mountains
- 3 Rhode Island Get Away
- 4 Colorado October 16-25, 2017
- 5 Road Trip - SF to Sonoma
- 6 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 7 JFK Terminal 4 to Terminal 8
- 8 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 9 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 10 Venice, CA area
- 11 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 12 Tahoe - Plumpjack Inn vs. Basecamp Hotel
- 13 NYC - Pastrami sandwich near library, Grand Central Station, St Patrick's
- 14 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 15 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 16 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 17 Adirondacks trip repot
- 18 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 19 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 20 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 21 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 22 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 23 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 24 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 25 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?