My husband and I are going to NYC for the first time May 17-19. I would love some opinions on our itinerary. We are very excited to go, and leaving our 10 month old with grandma for the weekend
Arrive LGA 10:15 AM
Take bus and subway to hotel (Distrikt Hotel in west Midtown)
Lunch at 2 bros pizza
Take semi tour Circle Line cruise at 1:30 (or 3 if running late) for 1.5 hours
Check into hotel and get ready
Dinner (any recommendations?)
Avenue Q at New World Theatre
Option 1- subway to Brooklyn and walk the Brooklyn Bridge
Option 2- subway to Chealsea market and walk the Highline back
*would love to do both, if we get up early enough!
Get lunch to bring to hotel
Subway to Yankee Stadium for game at 1:05 PM
Pizza or burger for supper
Top of the Rock just before sunset
Rooftop bar if energy
Shopping in morning, would love to buy painting as wel as get some funky souvenirs (any recommendations?)
Century 21 near Central Park and Hells Flea Market?
Check out of hotel (we are just bringing backpacks with us)
Subway to Central Park, get lunch at deli
Relax and take it in
Metro to airport for 5:30PM flight
Thoughts? One thing worth mentioning is that I need to be able to return to our hotel daily around 11 and 4, as I need to pump breastmilk for my wee one at home thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 Boston area -- nature
- 3 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 4 General Utah planning questions
- 5 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 6 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 7 California & French Polynesia
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 10 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 13 SFO black friday traffic
- 14 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 15 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 16 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 17 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 18 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 19 Dining in Manhattan
- 20 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 21 American Honeymoon in March
- 22 How to dress in Vegas
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 25 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?