Just beginning to plan a week long vacation in Vermont during Oct 2011 and we would appreciate some itinerary ideas and specific lodging recommendations. Fly/drive from Burlington. Maybe a couple of pretty towns to base from and a final night near the airport.. Wife and I are in our 60s and would like to see the fall foliage, beautiful scenery, and nice small towns.
We do not like most B&Bs or jam packed big resorts and would prefer moderate to upscale modern lodging if they exist. Maybe an especially nice lodge? Or an in-town motel/hotel in a picturesque town. Realizing there will be lots of tourists there during this timeframe, we do enjoy getting away from the crowd on easy hikes and pretty drives. Observing wildlife a plus. That said, we enjoy nice towns with great shops and restaurants too. We would appreciate any comments and ideas. Thanks, Ross
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 2 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 3 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 4 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 5 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 6 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 7 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 8 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 9 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 10 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 11 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 12 sugestions
- 13 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 14 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 15 Rules of the NY Subway
- 16 Big Sur Help!!
- 17 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 18 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 19 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 20 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 21 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 22 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 23 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 24 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 25 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
Itinerary, Lodging Recommendations for Week in Vermont Oct 2011