Just beginning to plan a week long vacation in Vermont during Oct 2011 and we would appreciate some itinerary ideas and specific lodging recommendations. Fly/drive from Burlington. Maybe a couple of pretty towns to base from and a final night near the airport.. Wife and I are in our 60s and would like to see the fall foliage, beautiful scenery, and nice small towns.
We do not like most B&Bs or jam packed big resorts and would prefer moderate to upscale modern lodging if they exist. Maybe an especially nice lodge? Or an in-town motel/hotel in a picturesque town. Realizing there will be lots of tourists there during this timeframe, we do enjoy getting away from the crowd on easy hikes and pretty drives. Observing wildlife a plus. That said, we enjoy nice towns with great shops and restaurants too. We would appreciate any comments and ideas. Thanks, Ross
Itinerary, Lodging Recommendations for Week in Vermont Oct 2011
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 la propria semifinale e la finalissima
- 2 Best Destination in USA
- 3 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 4 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 5 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 6 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 7 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 8 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 11 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 12 x mas
- 13 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 14 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 15 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 16 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 17 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 18 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 19 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 20 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 21 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 22 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 23 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 24 New Orleans help please
- 25 Better cooking store in Seattle