Just beginning to plan a week long vacation in Vermont during Oct 2011 and we would appreciate some itinerary ideas and specific lodging recommendations. Fly/drive from Burlington. Maybe a couple of pretty towns to base from and a final night near the airport.. Wife and I are in our 60s and would like to see the fall foliage, beautiful scenery, and nice small towns.
We do not like most B&Bs or jam packed big resorts and would prefer moderate to upscale modern lodging if they exist. Maybe an especially nice lodge? Or an in-town motel/hotel in a picturesque town. Realizing there will be lots of tourists there during this timeframe, we do enjoy getting away from the crowd on easy hikes and pretty drives. Observing wildlife a plus. That said, we enjoy nice towns with great shops and restaurants too. We would appreciate any comments and ideas. Thanks, Ross
Itinerary, Lodging Recommendations for Week in Vermont Oct 2011
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 2 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 Dining in D.C.
- 5 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 6 Jersey City Parking
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 Washington DC Metro
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 11 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 12 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 13 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 14 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 15 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 16 Alaska cruise and land
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 19 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 20 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 21 NYC taxi vs car service
- 22 rain in Kauai
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?