Just beginning to plan a week long vacation in Vermont during Oct 2011 and we would appreciate some itinerary ideas and specific lodging recommendations. Fly/drive from Burlington. Maybe a couple of pretty towns to base from and a final night near the airport.. Wife and I are in our 60s and would like to see the fall foliage, beautiful scenery, and nice small towns.
We do not like most B&Bs or jam packed big resorts and would prefer moderate to upscale modern lodging if they exist. Maybe an especially nice lodge? Or an in-town motel/hotel in a picturesque town. Realizing there will be lots of tourists there during this timeframe, we do enjoy getting away from the crowd on easy hikes and pretty drives. Observing wildlife a plus. That said, we enjoy nice towns with great shops and restaurants too. We would appreciate any comments and ideas. Thanks, Ross
Itinerary, Lodging Recommendations for Week in Vermont Oct 2011
- 1 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 2 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 3 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 4 D.C. in a day
- 5 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 6 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 7 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 8 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 9 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 10 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 11 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 12 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 13 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 14 Using public transit in San Diego
- 15 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 16 Memphis Tours
- 17 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 18 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 19 A Visit to Charleston
- 20 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 21 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 22 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 23 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 24 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 25 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013