Just beginning to plan a week long vacation in Vermont during Oct 2011 and we would appreciate some itinerary ideas and specific lodging recommendations. Fly/drive from Burlington. Maybe a couple of pretty towns to base from and a final night near the airport.. Wife and I are in our 60s and would like to see the fall foliage, beautiful scenery, and nice small towns.
We do not like most B&Bs or jam packed big resorts and would prefer moderate to upscale modern lodging if they exist. Maybe an especially nice lodge? Or an in-town motel/hotel in a picturesque town. Realizing there will be lots of tourists there during this timeframe, we do enjoy getting away from the crowd on easy hikes and pretty drives. Observing wildlife a plus. That said, we enjoy nice towns with great shops and restaurants too. We would appreciate any comments and ideas. Thanks, Ross
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.drozdietplan.com/perlelux/
- 2 New England Tour
- 3 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 4 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 5 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 6 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 7 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 8 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 9 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 10 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 11 Driving CA 395
- 12 Maui and Kauai
- 13 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 14 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 15 Glacier National Park 2018
- 16 Hawaii wedding
- 17 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 18 Adirondacks trip repot
- 19 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 20 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 21 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 22 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 23 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 24 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 25 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
Itinerary, Lodging Recommendations for Week in Vermont Oct 2011