Just beginning to plan a week long vacation in Vermont during Oct 2011 and we would appreciate some itinerary ideas and specific lodging recommendations. Fly/drive from Burlington. Maybe a couple of pretty towns to base from and a final night near the airport.. Wife and I are in our 60s and would like to see the fall foliage, beautiful scenery, and nice small towns.
We do not like most B&Bs or jam packed big resorts and would prefer moderate to upscale modern lodging if they exist. Maybe an especially nice lodge? Or an in-town motel/hotel in a picturesque town. Realizing there will be lots of tourists there during this timeframe, we do enjoy getting away from the crowd on easy hikes and pretty drives. Observing wildlife a plus. That said, we enjoy nice towns with great shops and restaurants too. We would appreciate any comments and ideas. Thanks, Ross
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 2 Honda New and Used Cars Dealer in Paris TX
- 3 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 4 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 5 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 6 Places to stay in Skagway
- 7 Hilo to Kona
- 8 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 9 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 10 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 11 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 12 Maui - luau question
- 13 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 14 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 15 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 16 Alaska Road Trip in 9 days with a toddler: Trip Report
- 17 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 18 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 19 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 20 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 21 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 22 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 23 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 24 flagstaff
- 25 San Fransisco to Seattle Drive
Itinerary, Lodging Recommendations for Week in Vermont Oct 2011