Just beginning to plan a week long vacation in Vermont during Oct 2011 and we would appreciate some itinerary ideas and specific lodging recommendations. Fly/drive from Burlington. Maybe a couple of pretty towns to base from and a final night near the airport.. Wife and I are in our 60s and would like to see the fall foliage, beautiful scenery, and nice small towns.
We do not like most B&Bs or jam packed big resorts and would prefer moderate to upscale modern lodging if they exist. Maybe an especially nice lodge? Or an in-town motel/hotel in a picturesque town. Realizing there will be lots of tourists there during this timeframe, we do enjoy getting away from the crowd on easy hikes and pretty drives. Observing wildlife a plus. That said, we enjoy nice towns with great shops and restaurants too. We would appreciate any comments and ideas. Thanks, Ross
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tottenham Hotspur Vs Roma
- 2 San Diego to San Francisco in 15 days
- 3 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 4 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 5 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 6 Bar Harbor/Acadia Insight
- 7 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 8 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 9 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 10 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 11 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 12 Denver to Yellowstone
- 13 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 14 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 15 hotel in NYC
- 16 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 17 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 18 Wanted: Two beds, charming place NOLA
- 19 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 20 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 21 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 22 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 23 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 24 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 25 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
Itinerary, Lodging Recommendations for Week in Vermont Oct 2011