My husband and I are planning a trip for late June this summer and would love some feedback on our itinerary. We enjoy hiking and photography and would like to avoid crowds as much as possible. I know there will be a lot of driving and moving around involved in the schedule below, but it is our first time in the area and we likely won't be back for awhile. Is our schedule doable? Any additional recs for places to stay or eat? And if we need to cut something out to make more time somewhere else, what would you suggest? The only mandatory place is Grand Canyon North Rim. Thanks in advance!
Day 1 - Las Vegas to Zion National Park (Travel Interstate 15 north, Scenic Byway 9 east - 3 hours, 4 hours with time change). Dine and overnight, stay Zion Lodge or in Springdale?
Day 2 - Zion National Park to Bryce Canyon National Park. (Travel Scenic Byway 9 east, US 89 north, Scenic Byway 12 east - 1 ½ hours). Explore Zion (Angels Landing and the Narrows. Travel to Bryce and stay at Ruby’s Inn, Bryce Canyon Lodge or Best Western?
Day 3 - Bryce Canyon National Park - Tour of All American Road/Highway 12 National Scenic Byway (Travel Scenic Byway 12 east)
• See sunrise
• Queens Garden-Navajo Loop or Devil's Rock Garden or Lower Calf Creek Falls
• Tour the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
• Dine and overnight in Boulder. Dinner and/or breakfast at Hell's Backbone Grill in Boulder. Stay Boulder Mountain Lodge?
Day 4 - Continue Tour of Highway 12 Scenic Byway to Capitol Reef National Park and Torrey (Travel Scenic Byway 12 northeast - 2 hours)
• Tour Capitol Reef National Park, see petroglyphs, historic Gifford House, orchards (in bloom or fruit), eat pie.
• Walk through Grand Wash and Capitol Gorge, see pioneer register, look for bighorn sheep at the tanks
• Dine and overnight in Torrey. Eat at Café Diablo or Slackers Burgers.
Day 5 - Torrey to Arches National Park and Moab (Travel Hwy 24 east to Hanksville, Hwy 24 north to I-70 east then Hwy 191 south to Arches National Park (2 hours)
• Tour Arches National Park and Visitor Center
• Goblin Valley, Little Wildhorse
• Delicate Arch, Fiery Furnace, Devil’s Garden?
• Dine and overnight in Moab? Stay Cali Cochitta?
Day 6 - Moab to Monument Valley. (142 miles) Stay at Kayenta, or the View, or Valley of the Gods B&B?
Day 7 - Monument Valley to Lake Powell/Page (Glen Canyon National Recreation Area) - Travel Hwy 163 south to Kayenta Arizona, Hwy 160 south to Hwy 98, north to Lake Powell/Page, AZ (2 hours). See Rainbow Bridge
Day 8 - Lake Powell/Page to Grand Canyon North Rim. Stay GCNR.
Day 9 – Grand Canyon North Rim to Las Vegas
Itinerary Help? Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, etc.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Morning in miami
- 2 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 3 Las Vegas must sees
- 4 Grand Marais?
- 5 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 6 adams morgan - safety
- 7 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 8 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 9 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 10 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 11 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 12 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 13 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 14 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 15 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 16 Grand Teton in October
- 17 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 18 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 19 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 20 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 21 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 22 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 23 US Southwest
- 24 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 25 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley