We are planning our first trip to California. Yes, long overdue! We have at least 7 or 8 days before we need to fly to Portland, OR for a wedding.
We love hiking and the seacoast. I will be a bit disappointed, if we miss a drive on the Pacific coast. However, not a the expense of spending too much time driving; it will be nice to space the drives a bit. At the same time, I will like to enjoy these wonderful places without too much rushing.
So, what do you think of this preliminary itinerary? we already have a place booked in Yosemite.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
1. Thursday, Sept 15 late arrival in SFO. Stay at airport
2. Friday, September 16 Drive to Yosemite
3. Saturday, September 17 Yosemite Day#2
4. Sunday, September 18 Yosemite Day#3
5. Monday, September 19 Drive From Yosemite to Carmel
6. Tuesday, September 20 Drive To Carmel to San Francisco
7. Wednesday, September 21 San Francisco Day #2
8. Thursday, September 22 San Francisco Day#4 Late Flight out of SFO
We could also work on extending our trip by one day, and leave on Friday instead.
Itinerary Help, Yosemite, San Francisco, Carmel(?)
- 1 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 2 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 3 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 4 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 5 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 6 Vero Beach FL
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 9 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 10 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 11 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 12 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 15 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 16 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 17 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 18 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 19 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 20 Question about Boulder area
- 21 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 22 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 23 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 24 Grand Canyon in March?
- 25 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island