My husband and I are planning a trip to America and are wanting some great advice!
There will be me, my husband and our 3 children travelling the kids will be around 5, 7 & 9 depending on when we decide to go.
We are thinking of travelling in September/October (not this year) and have no time frame in mind yet.
We love history and nature and of course fun things to do with the kids
Roughly we are thinking we would like to visit LA, San Fran, San Diego, Vegas, Grand Canyon & possibly doing one of those cowboy ranch stay things somewhere along the way. We would also like to visit some national parks if anyone can recommend their favourites. We are also thinking a visit to NY/ Washington but only for a few days as I have already been there and of thinking of driving from there down south stopping along the way to see everything interesting and eventually ending up in Orlando for the theme parks and then doing a Bahamas/Caribbean cruise. Is Miami worth a visit?
We are also thinking that we would like to go to Mexico and Hawaii as well & possibly an Alaskan cruise as well.
So I guess what Im after is the best places to spend our time on over there and how long we should spend in each place and what there is to do in each place and along the way?
What is your favourite thing that you have done/seen/visited while in America give us any ideas
Oh and also possibly thinking of going to the ballooning festival in Albuquerque if we can time it right, is it worth going to or only if your really into ballooning??
Thanks so much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 2 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 3 Northern California Gardens.
- 4 Florida with a 2 year old
- 5 Train from east cost to west coast
- 6 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 7 Route 66
- 8 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 9 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 10 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 11 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 12 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 13 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 14 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 15 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 16 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 17 Arches or Zion?
- 18 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 19 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 20 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 21 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 22 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 23 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 24 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 25 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City