My husband and I are planning a trip to America and are wanting some great advice!
There will be me, my husband and our 3 children travelling the kids will be around 5, 7 & 9 depending on when we decide to go.
We are thinking of travelling in September/October (not this year) and have no time frame in mind yet.
We love history and nature and of course fun things to do with the kids
Roughly we are thinking we would like to visit LA, San Fran, San Diego, Vegas, Grand Canyon & possibly doing one of those cowboy ranch stay things somewhere along the way. We would also like to visit some national parks if anyone can recommend their favourites. We are also thinking a visit to NY/ Washington but only for a few days as I have already been there and of thinking of driving from there down south stopping along the way to see everything interesting and eventually ending up in Orlando for the theme parks and then doing a Bahamas/Caribbean cruise. Is Miami worth a visit?
We are also thinking that we would like to go to Mexico and Hawaii as well & possibly an Alaskan cruise as well.
So I guess what Im after is the best places to spend our time on over there and how long we should spend in each place and what there is to do in each place and along the way?
What is your favourite thing that you have done/seen/visited while in America give us any ideas
Oh and also possibly thinking of going to the ballooning festival in Albuquerque if we can time it right, is it worth going to or only if your really into ballooning??
Thanks so much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 2 Arizona Classic Car Detailing
- 3 Luxury Car Detailing Scottsdale
- 4 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 5 Steamboat in August
- 6 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 7 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 8 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 9 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 10 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 11 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 12 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 13 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 14 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 15 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 16 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 17 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 18 Cape cod Labor Day
- 19 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 20 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 21 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 22 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 23 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 24 US Open Tennis
- 25 Boston/New England late Sept. with children