My husband and I are planning a trip to America and are wanting some great advice!
There will be me, my husband and our 3 children travelling the kids will be around 5, 7 & 9 depending on when we decide to go.
We are thinking of travelling in September/October (not this year) and have no time frame in mind yet.
We love history and nature and of course fun things to do with the kids
Roughly we are thinking we would like to visit LA, San Fran, San Diego, Vegas, Grand Canyon & possibly doing one of those cowboy ranch stay things somewhere along the way. We would also like to visit some national parks if anyone can recommend their favourites. We are also thinking a visit to NY/ Washington but only for a few days as I have already been there and of thinking of driving from there down south stopping along the way to see everything interesting and eventually ending up in Orlando for the theme parks and then doing a Bahamas/Caribbean cruise. Is Miami worth a visit?
We are also thinking that we would like to go to Mexico and Hawaii as well & possibly an Alaskan cruise as well.
So I guess what Im after is the best places to spend our time on over there and how long we should spend in each place and what there is to do in each place and along the way?
What is your favourite thing that you have done/seen/visited while in America give us any ideas
Oh and also possibly thinking of going to the ballooning festival in Albuquerque if we can time it right, is it worth going to or only if your really into ballooning??
Thanks so much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 what western states to spend the most time in
- 2 Hawaii - where?
- 3 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 4 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 5 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 6 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 7 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 8 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 9 Little Compton, RI
- 10 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 11 Moab UT Accommendations
- 12 A week in NYC - first timers
- 13 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 14 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 15 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 16 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 17 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 18 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 19 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 20 Retiring in Florida
- 21 Help with first time
- 22 NJ to Florida drive
- 23 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 24 Rapid City Accommodation - 1st timer - looking for up to date suggestions
- 25 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME