We'll be spending 5-6 days in the New England area this summer. We are flying into Boston and would like to check out Portsmouth for a day/lunch, maybe Portland, and spend a couple of nights in Maine on the waterfront. It is a family trip, but kids are adventurous and mature. Probably more interested in hikes/sailing vs. museums though. We will probably spend the last day/night in Boston b/c of our flight.
The only thing we've confirmed so far is our flight, so I thought I'd check with everyone to see any recommendation on lodging, things we must-see or do, etc.
Thanks so much in advance!
Itinerary from Boston to Maine Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 2 California & French Polynesia
- 3 New Orleans November 2014- Trip Report
- 4 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 5 A Student’s Perspective of Philadelphia and Washington DC:
- 6 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 7 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 8 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 9 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 New York city--best time to visit??
- 12 Fun weekend in NYC, including a GTG
- 13 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 14 Maui Luau?
- 15 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 18 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 19 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 20 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Boston area -- nature
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 25 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?