We'll be spending 5-6 days in the New England area this summer. We are flying into Boston and would like to check out Portsmouth for a day/lunch, maybe Portland, and spend a couple of nights in Maine on the waterfront. It is a family trip, but kids are adventurous and mature. Probably more interested in hikes/sailing vs. museums though. We will probably spend the last day/night in Boston b/c of our flight.
The only thing we've confirmed so far is our flight, so I thought I'd check with everyone to see any recommendation on lodging, things we must-see or do, etc.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 2 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 3 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 4 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 5 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 6 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 7 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 8 FLL to Key West
- 9 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 10 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 11 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 12 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 13 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 14 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 15 road trip
- 16 New England Road Trip
- 17 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 18 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 19 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 20 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 21 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 22 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 23 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 24 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 25 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?