We'll be spending 5-6 days in the New England area this summer. We are flying into Boston and would like to check out Portsmouth for a day/lunch, maybe Portland, and spend a couple of nights in Maine on the waterfront. It is a family trip, but kids are adventurous and mature. Probably more interested in hikes/sailing vs. museums though. We will probably spend the last day/night in Boston b/c of our flight.
The only thing we've confirmed so far is our flight, so I thought I'd check with everyone to see any recommendation on lodging, things we must-see or do, etc.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 2 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 3 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 4 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 5 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 6 Florida keys trip
- 7 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 8 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 9 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 10 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 11 Skagway
- 12 Retiring in NM?
- 13 Chicago to Charleston
- 14 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 15 How many states have you been to?
- 16 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 17 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 18 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 19 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 20 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 21 Honeymoon out west.
- 22 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 23 Route Planning for East USA
- 24 Utah National Parks visit
- 25 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?