We are planning a trip out to visit friends in Vancouver who also want to visit the Orcas Islands. We have some constraints due to work travel for both families.
We arrive on 8/23 and we have 4 nights after landing in Seattle. I was thinking 2 nights in Cannon Beach and 2 nights in Washington somewhere. I thought Surfsand Resort looked great for our little one - since it's pricey I was debating taking advantage of their third night free but that would leave us only for one night in Washington. We are more beach/scenery people than hiking/outsiders.
On Day 5 we're driving from WA to Vancouver, where we will stay with them for 3 nights, then the group of us will drive from Canada and get the ferry over to Orcas for 2 nights - so need tips for where to stay there.
What should we see in WA?
I realize it's a lot of driving but the little one is a good car sleeper and we've generally been ok with 2 nights in hotels at a time.
all input welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 2 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 3 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 4 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 5 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 6 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 7 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 8 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 9 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 10 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 11 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 12 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 13 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 14 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 15 November redwoods trip
- 16 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 17 Which island for R&R?
- 18 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 19 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 20 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 21 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 22 Yellowstone
- 23 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 24 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 25 San Antonio shopping