We are planning a trip out to visit friends in Vancouver who also want to visit the Orcas Islands. We have some constraints due to work travel for both families.
We arrive on 8/23 and we have 4 nights after landing in Seattle. I was thinking 2 nights in Cannon Beach and 2 nights in Washington somewhere. I thought Surfsand Resort looked great for our little one - since it's pricey I was debating taking advantage of their third night free but that would leave us only for one night in Washington. We are more beach/scenery people than hiking/outsiders.
On Day 5 we're driving from WA to Vancouver, where we will stay with them for 3 nights, then the group of us will drive from Canada and get the ferry over to Orcas for 2 nights - so need tips for where to stay there.
What should we see in WA?
I realize it's a lot of driving but the little one is a good car sleeper and we've generally been ok with 2 nights in hotels at a time.
all input welcome!
itinerary for NW trip with Toddler
- 1 What area to stay in for Memphis
- 2 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 3 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 4 What are the best activities in Key West?
- 5 Memphis Tours
- 6 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 7 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 8 Newport, RI Questions
- 9 Meredith New Hampshire
- 10 California, Northern
- 11 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 12 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 13 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 14 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 15 Seatlle, WA
- 16 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 17 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 18 Around North America (cruise)
- 19 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 20 Boston and surrounding area
- 21 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 22 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 23 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 24 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 25 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!