We are planning a trip out to visit friends in Vancouver who also want to visit the Orcas Islands. We have some constraints due to work travel for both families.
We arrive on 8/23 and we have 4 nights after landing in Seattle. I was thinking 2 nights in Cannon Beach and 2 nights in Washington somewhere. I thought Surfsand Resort looked great for our little one - since it's pricey I was debating taking advantage of their third night free but that would leave us only for one night in Washington. We are more beach/scenery people than hiking/outsiders.
On Day 5 we're driving from WA to Vancouver, where we will stay with them for 3 nights, then the group of us will drive from Canada and get the ferry over to Orcas for 2 nights - so need tips for where to stay there.
What should we see in WA?
I realize it's a lot of driving but the little one is a good car sleeper and we've generally been ok with 2 nights in hotels at a time.
all input welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 2 Nashville Questions
- 3 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 4 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 5 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 6 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 7 First Trip to Texas -
- 8 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 9 Downtown Chicago
- 10 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 11 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 12 Transportation from Lahaina to Kaanapali Westin
- 13 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 14 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 15 Charleston Hotel Question
- 16 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 17 New Hampshire
- 18 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 19 Driving to Naples fl
- 20 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 21 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 22 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 23 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 24 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 25 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP