We are planning a trip out to visit friends in Vancouver who also want to visit the Orcas Islands. We have some constraints due to work travel for both families.
We arrive on 8/23 and we have 4 nights after landing in Seattle. I was thinking 2 nights in Cannon Beach and 2 nights in Washington somewhere. I thought Surfsand Resort looked great for our little one - since it's pricey I was debating taking advantage of their third night free but that would leave us only for one night in Washington. We are more beach/scenery people than hiking/outsiders.
On Day 5 we're driving from WA to Vancouver, where we will stay with them for 3 nights, then the group of us will drive from Canada and get the ferry over to Orcas for 2 nights - so need tips for where to stay there.
What should we see in WA?
I realize it's a lot of driving but the little one is a good car sleeper and we've generally been ok with 2 nights in hotels at a time.
all input welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 2 Coffee in Boston?
- 3 Nashville Never Been
- 4 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 5 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 6 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 7 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 8 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 9 Traveling in winter
- 10 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 11 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 12 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 13 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 14 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 15 New orleans recs for family
- 16 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 17 Later Winter around Mobile
- 18 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 19 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 20 Uber boston
- 21 Florida keys trip
- 22 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 23 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 24 Florida beach vacation
- 25 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July