We are planning a trip out to visit friends in Vancouver who also want to visit the Orcas Islands. We have some constraints due to work travel for both families.
We arrive on 8/23 and we have 4 nights after landing in Seattle. I was thinking 2 nights in Cannon Beach and 2 nights in Washington somewhere. I thought Surfsand Resort looked great for our little one - since it's pricey I was debating taking advantage of their third night free but that would leave us only for one night in Washington. We are more beach/scenery people than hiking/outsiders.
On Day 5 we're driving from WA to Vancouver, where we will stay with them for 3 nights, then the group of us will drive from Canada and get the ferry over to Orcas for 2 nights - so need tips for where to stay there.
What should we see in WA?
I realize it's a lot of driving but the little one is a good car sleeper and we've generally been ok with 2 nights in hotels at a time.
all input welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthynutritionshop.com/duo-slim/
- 2 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 3 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 4 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 5 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 6 arizona rte 66
- 7 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 8 Hawaii and...where?
- 9 Another Great DC Trip
- 10 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 11 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 12 Black History Museum
- 13 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 14 Chicago 2017
- 15 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 16 How much time in Badlands?
- 17 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 18 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 19 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 20 DC Restaurants
- 21 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 22 Short Oregon Trip
- 23 usa roadtrip
- 24 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 25 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings