We are planning a trip out to visit friends in Vancouver who also want to visit the Orcas Islands. We have some constraints due to work travel for both families.
We arrive on 8/23 and we have 4 nights after landing in Seattle. I was thinking 2 nights in Cannon Beach and 2 nights in Washington somewhere. I thought Surfsand Resort looked great for our little one - since it's pricey I was debating taking advantage of their third night free but that would leave us only for one night in Washington. We are more beach/scenery people than hiking/outsiders.
On Day 5 we're driving from WA to Vancouver, where we will stay with them for 3 nights, then the group of us will drive from Canada and get the ferry over to Orcas for 2 nights - so need tips for where to stay there.
What should we see in WA?
I realize it's a lot of driving but the little one is a good car sleeper and we've generally been ok with 2 nights in hotels at a time.
all input welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 2 san fransisco to crater lake
- 3 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 4 10 days vacation in Maine
- 5 Family reunion ideas
- 6 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 7 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 8 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 9 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 10 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 11 New Software
- 12 JFK-connection
- 13 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 14 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 15 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 16 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 17 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 18 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 19 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 20 RV campsites Newport RI
- 21 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 22 Southern history- walkable cities
- 23 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 24 Reagan Library
- 25 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend