We are planning a trip out to visit friends in Vancouver who also want to visit the Orcas Islands. We have some constraints due to work travel for both families.
We arrive on 8/23 and we have 4 nights after landing in Seattle. I was thinking 2 nights in Cannon Beach and 2 nights in Washington somewhere. I thought Surfsand Resort looked great for our little one - since it's pricey I was debating taking advantage of their third night free but that would leave us only for one night in Washington. We are more beach/scenery people than hiking/outsiders.
On Day 5 we're driving from WA to Vancouver, where we will stay with them for 3 nights, then the group of us will drive from Canada and get the ferry over to Orcas for 2 nights - so need tips for where to stay there.
What should we see in WA?
I realize it's a lot of driving but the little one is a good car sleeper and we've generally been ok with 2 nights in hotels at a time.
all input welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 2 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 3 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 4 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 5 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 6 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 7 New Mexico in May
- 8 Redwoods National Park
- 9 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 10 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 11 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 12 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 13 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 14 Traveling Alone
- 15 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 16 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 17 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 18 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 19 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 20 Arizona in late January
- 21 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 22 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 23 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 24 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 25 Las Vegas Vacation