We are planning a trip out to visit friends in Vancouver who also want to visit the Orcas Islands. We have some constraints due to work travel for both families.
We arrive on 8/23 and we have 4 nights after landing in Seattle. I was thinking 2 nights in Cannon Beach and 2 nights in Washington somewhere. I thought Surfsand Resort looked great for our little one - since it's pricey I was debating taking advantage of their third night free but that would leave us only for one night in Washington. We are more beach/scenery people than hiking/outsiders.
On Day 5 we're driving from WA to Vancouver, where we will stay with them for 3 nights, then the group of us will drive from Canada and get the ferry over to Orcas for 2 nights - so need tips for where to stay there.
What should we see in WA?
I realize it's a lot of driving but the little one is a good car sleeper and we've generally been ok with 2 nights in hotels at a time.
all input welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 2 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 3 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 4 Trinity Site, NM
- 5 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 6 Hotel in Reno
- 7 North Carolina airports
- 8 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 9 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Santa Fe Itineray
- 12 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 13 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 14 Boston to Naples florida
- 15 Retiring to Tucson
- 16 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 17 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 18 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 19 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 20 best health clubs with lap pools
- 21 10 days vacation in California
- 22 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 23 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 24 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 25 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?