My husband and I are taking a trip to San Fran, Napa, Carmel in late May. We have been to Napa/Sonoma twice and San Fran 2-3 times, but this is our first time to Monterey/ Carmel area. I just wanted a quick review/opinion of our itinerary since I am looking to book dinner at French Laundry and wanted to make sure we have enough time in Carmel/Big Sur.
Sat: Fly to SFO and get in around 3:30, rent car and drive to Carmel (quick route vs. scenic)
Sun: Need ideas on things to do in Carmel/small side trips
Mon: Again, need ideas on things to do, please
Tues: Leisurely/scenic drive to Napa/Sonoma, late dinner at French Laundry (after 8:30 or so)
Wed: Wine tastings,maybe spa, dinner
Thurs: Drive to San Fran, drop off car in city
Fri-Sat: in San Fran
Any suggestions on things to do in Carmel would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 2 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 3 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 4 Paying for Permit Land Crossing USA to Mexico
- 5 Hawaii - where?
- 6 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 7 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 8 what western states to spend the most time in
- 9 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 10 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 11 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 12 Little Compton, RI
- 13 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 14 Moab UT Accommendations
- 15 A week in NYC - first timers
- 16 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 17 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 18 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 19 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 20 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 21 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 22 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 23 Retiring in Florida
- 24 Help with first time
- 25 NJ to Florida drive