My husband and I are taking a trip to San Fran, Napa, Carmel in late May. We have been to Napa/Sonoma twice and San Fran 2-3 times, but this is our first time to Monterey/ Carmel area. I just wanted a quick review/opinion of our itinerary since I am looking to book dinner at French Laundry and wanted to make sure we have enough time in Carmel/Big Sur.
Sat: Fly to SFO and get in around 3:30, rent car and drive to Carmel (quick route vs. scenic)
Sun: Need ideas on things to do in Carmel/small side trips
Mon: Again, need ideas on things to do, please
Tues: Leisurely/scenic drive to Napa/Sonoma, late dinner at French Laundry (after 8:30 or so)
Wed: Wine tastings,maybe spa, dinner
Thurs: Drive to San Fran, drop off car in city
Fri-Sat: in San Fran
Any suggestions on things to do in Carmel would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 2 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 3 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 4 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 5 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 6 Coffee in Boston?
- 7 Nashville Never Been
- 8 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 9 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 10 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 11 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 12 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 13 Traveling in winter
- 14 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 15 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 16 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 17 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 18 New orleans recs for family
- 19 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 20 Later Winter around Mobile
- 21 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 22 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 23 Uber boston
- 24 Florida keys trip
- 25 Steamboat Springs, CO