My husband and I are taking a trip to San Fran, Napa, Carmel in late May. We have been to Napa/Sonoma twice and San Fran 2-3 times, but this is our first time to Monterey/ Carmel area. I just wanted a quick review/opinion of our itinerary since I am looking to book dinner at French Laundry and wanted to make sure we have enough time in Carmel/Big Sur.
Sat: Fly to SFO and get in around 3:30, rent car and drive to Carmel (quick route vs. scenic)
Sun: Need ideas on things to do in Carmel/small side trips
Mon: Again, need ideas on things to do, please
Tues: Leisurely/scenic drive to Napa/Sonoma, late dinner at French Laundry (after 8:30 or so)
Wed: Wine tastings,maybe spa, dinner
Thurs: Drive to San Fran, drop off car in city
Fri-Sat: in San Fran
Any suggestions on things to do in Carmel would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Itinerary: Carmel, Napa, San Fran
- 1 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 2 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 3 Middlebury vt quickie
- 4 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 5 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 6 Savannah restaurants
- 7 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 8 American Airlines reservation question
- 9 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 10 Car trip from Seattle
- 11 Boston and surrounding area
- 12 Alaska Camping/Backpacking
- 13 Newport, RI Questions
- 14 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 15 Arizona - Sedona, Grand Canyon, MV and Canyon DeChelley
- 16 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 17 Albuquerque to Denver
- 18 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 19 I need a cell phone for 2 months. Which one ?
- 20 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 21 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 22 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 23 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 24 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 25 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?