My husband and I are taking a trip to San Fran, Napa, Carmel in late May. We have been to Napa/Sonoma twice and San Fran 2-3 times, but this is our first time to Monterey/ Carmel area. I just wanted a quick review/opinion of our itinerary since I am looking to book dinner at French Laundry and wanted to make sure we have enough time in Carmel/Big Sur.
Sat: Fly to SFO and get in around 3:30, rent car and drive to Carmel (quick route vs. scenic)
Sun: Need ideas on things to do in Carmel/small side trips
Mon: Again, need ideas on things to do, please
Tues: Leisurely/scenic drive to Napa/Sonoma, late dinner at French Laundry (after 8:30 or so)
Wed: Wine tastings,maybe spa, dinner
Thurs: Drive to San Fran, drop off car in city
Fri-Sat: in San Fran
Any suggestions on things to do in Carmel would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ireland vs France live streaming
- 2 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 3 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 4 Chicago to Charleston
- 5 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 6 Retiring in NM?
- 7 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 8 Route Planning for East USA
- 9 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 10 Utah National Parks visit
- 11 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 12 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 13 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 14 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 15 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 16 universal studios and disney
- 17 Honeymoon out west.
- 18 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia
- 19 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 20 How many states have you been to?
- 21 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 22 USA, Trip to the south
- 23 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 24 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 25 Amtrack: Denver to California?