My husband and I are taking a trip to San Fran, Napa, Carmel in late May. We have been to Napa/Sonoma twice and San Fran 2-3 times, but this is our first time to Monterey/ Carmel area. I just wanted a quick review/opinion of our itinerary since I am looking to book dinner at French Laundry and wanted to make sure we have enough time in Carmel/Big Sur.
Sat: Fly to SFO and get in around 3:30, rent car and drive to Carmel (quick route vs. scenic)
Sun: Need ideas on things to do in Carmel/small side trips
Mon: Again, need ideas on things to do, please
Tues: Leisurely/scenic drive to Napa/Sonoma, late dinner at French Laundry (after 8:30 or so)
Wed: Wine tastings,maybe spa, dinner
Thurs: Drive to San Fran, drop off car in city
Fri-Sat: in San Fran
Any suggestions on things to do in Carmel would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 2 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 3 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 4 Napa valley getaway
- 5 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 6 Boston waterfront Italian
- 7 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 8 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 9 Day in Spokane
- 10 Zion and Bryce in July
- 11 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 12 Kids Vacation Place
- 13 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 14 First time, Best business class?
- 15 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 16 What to pack
- 17 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 18 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 19 summer vacation
- 20 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 21 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 22 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 23 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 24 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 25 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC