My husband and I are taking a trip to San Fran, Napa, Carmel in late May. We have been to Napa/Sonoma twice and San Fran 2-3 times, but this is our first time to Monterey/ Carmel area. I just wanted a quick review/opinion of our itinerary since I am looking to book dinner at French Laundry and wanted to make sure we have enough time in Carmel/Big Sur.
Sat: Fly to SFO and get in around 3:30, rent car and drive to Carmel (quick route vs. scenic)
Sun: Need ideas on things to do in Carmel/small side trips
Mon: Again, need ideas on things to do, please
Tues: Leisurely/scenic drive to Napa/Sonoma, late dinner at French Laundry (after 8:30 or so)
Wed: Wine tastings,maybe spa, dinner
Thurs: Drive to San Fran, drop off car in city
Fri-Sat: in San Fran
Any suggestions on things to do in Carmel would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Itinerary: Carmel, Napa, San Fran
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 How to dress in Vegas
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 11 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 USA trip
- 16 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Orlando for Work