My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 2 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 3 Boston area -- nature
- 4 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 4 week family trip ideas
- 7 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 8 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 9 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 12 California & French Polynesia
- 13 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 14 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 15 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 16 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 17 SFO black friday traffic
- 18 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 19 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 20 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 21 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 22 Dining in Manhattan
- 23 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 24 American Honeymoon in March
- 25 How to dress in Vegas