My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas in mid may
- 2 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 3 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 4 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 5 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 6 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 7 from Moab to Bryce
- 8 How To Looks Fine
- 9 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 10 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 11 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 12 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 13 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 14 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 15 Hana from the aiport
- 16 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 17 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 18 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 19 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 20 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 21 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 22 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 23 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 24 San Diego-Hotel
- 25 Los Angeles day trips