My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Car service from Oakland airport to city
- 2 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 3 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 4 Last Minute Trip to Asheville
- 5 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 6 Arches National Park in a day
- 7 My Book of Mormon review
- 8 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 9 JFK Airport
- 10 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 11 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 12 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 13 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 14 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 15 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 16 Marco Island
- 17 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 18 things to do near Arches National Park
- 19 Delicate Arch in Arches national park
- 20 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 Breckenridge in October
- 23 EX-LAX
- 24 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 25 Best place to see Redwoods in December