My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 2 Colorado trip in early May
- 3 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 4 Grand Marais?
- 5 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 6 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 7 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 8 Maine in latter half of September
- 9 Seattle hotels
- 10 Seattle in April
- 11 Seattle Visit April
- 12 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 13 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 14 Coronado Ferry
- 15 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 16 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 17 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 18 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 19 Colorado trip
- 20 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 21 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 22 DC - WW2 flyover
- 23 Cape cod and Acadia
- 24 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 25 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?