My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in D.C.
- 2 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 3 Jersey City Parking
- 4 Washington DC Metro
- 5 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 Kennebunkport and....?
- 8 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 11 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 12 Where to go in Maine?
- 13 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 14 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 15 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 16 Wedding in Hawaii
- 17 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 18 rain in Kauai
- 19 Alaska cruise and land
- 20 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 21 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 22 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 23 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Autumn stay on Cape Cod