My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 2 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 3 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 4 San Francisco - mid October
- 5 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 6 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 7 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 8 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 9 Grand Teton & Yellowstone via Denver
- 10 Denver to Ouray
- 11 Denver 1 day in denver
- 12 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 13 Cashless Toll road in Denver
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Landing in Denver, CO - Rocky Mtn, Grand Teton & Yellowstone NP loop
- 16 Men's Open Final 30th Annual Quiksilver-Big Island Toyota Big Island Pro-Am
- 17 Denver Happy Hour Restaurants!
- 18 Denver, SD, Yellowstone, GTNP, Denver loop itinerary feedback
- 19 Fly Fishing near Denver
- 20 12 Day Trip Starting from Denver - Where to go?
- 21 Denver in late September
- 22 Thhings to see in two week/one way road trip from Denver to San Fran
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Scenic Road Trip: Denver to Los Angeles or to San Francisco?
- 25 denver to badlands