My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
- 1 Small Sofas
- 2 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 3 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 4 Trying To Find a Place
- 5 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 6 romantic colorado trip
- 7 Fourth of July Weekend
- 8 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 9 Fires in Colorado
- 10 Marcola?
- 11 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 12 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 13 Updates from Hanalei
- 14 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 15 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 16 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 17 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 18 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 19 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 20 One day in NYC
- 21 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 22 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 23 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 24 Key West at Christmas time
- 25 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets