My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HOW TO WEAR: BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS FOR WOMEN
- 2 Romantic destination in the US
- 3 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 4 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 5 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 6 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 7 Moving out of states from Florida
- 8 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 9 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 10 family road trip
- 11 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 12 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 13 Alaska Trip Planning
- 14 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 15 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 16 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 17 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 18 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 19 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 20 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 21 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 22 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 23 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 24 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 25 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?