My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
- 1 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 2 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 3 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 4 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 5 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 6 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 7 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 8 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 9 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 10 D.C. in a day
- 11 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 12 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 13 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 14 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 15 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 16 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 17 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 18 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 19 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 20 Using public transit in San Diego
- 21 Memphis Tours
- 22 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 23 A Visit to Charleston
- 24 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 25 time for a new countdown to Hawaii