My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 2 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 3 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 4 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 5 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 6 New England September
- 7 Yosemite in Winter
- 8 Active Vacation
- 9 Quick SoCal question
- 10 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 11 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 14 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 15 Tampa in February
- 16 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 17 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 18 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 19 NYC taxi vs car service
- 20 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 21 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 22 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 23 Austin Food Trucks
- 24 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 25 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip