My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
- 1 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 2 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 3 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 4 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 5 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 stay near newark or nyc
- 8 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 9 Motor House
- 10 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 11 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 12 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 13 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 14 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 15 Cape Ann area
- 16 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 17 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 18 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 19 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 20 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 21 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 22 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 23 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 24 Kauai golf
- 25 Manzanita Or restaurants