My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaskan coast travel options
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 USA trip
- 4 Timeshare Nightmares
- 5 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 6 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 7 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 8 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 11 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 12 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 13 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 14 How to dress in Vegas
- 15 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 16 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 19 Chicago Questions
- 20 Air Connections on Maui
- 21 camaro hire in waikiki
- 22 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 23 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 24 Breckenridge in October
- 25 New Orleans in November - too cool?