My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch
- 2 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 3 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 4 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 5 Montana- what are must see places?
- 6 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 7 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 8 from Moab to Bryce
- 9 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 10 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 11 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 12 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 13 Saison, Chez Panisse, Other Top Restaurants in SF Area
- 14 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 15 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 16 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 17 Maui...off the beaten path for one day/night
- 18 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 19 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 20 san francisco to columbia gorge
- 21 Bear Viewing in Alaska in early June... Any cost effective recommendations?
- 22 Sunnyvale to San Franisco and back
- 23 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 24 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 25 Paso Robles Here We Come...!