My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
- 1 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 2 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 3 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 4 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 5 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 6 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 7 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 8 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 9 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 10 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 11 Minneapolis Hotel
- 12 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 13 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 14 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 15 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 16 Washington Wineries
- 17 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 18 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 19 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 20 Seward to Anchorage
- 21 California, Northern
- 22 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 23 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 24 New York City Parking
- 25 JFK to Upper West Side by subway