My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 7 San Diego parks and attractions
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 10 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 11 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 12 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 13 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 16 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 17 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 18 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 24 Door County Suggestions
- 25 First family ski trip