My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 Tour companies
- 3 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 4 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 5 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 6 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 7 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 8 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 9 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 13 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 14 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 15 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 16 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 17 Sunitoomas - stop shilling for that company
- 18 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 19 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 20 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 21 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 22 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 23 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 24 Quick Trip to NYC
- 25 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?