My friend and I (50ish) are planning a New England vacation for early Fall (Thu Sep 6 – Wed Sep 12). We will be flying in and out of Boston and driving up the coast to Bar Harbor and back with various stops along the way. What kind of itinerary would allow for us to enjoy the drive up and back and not have to spend all day in the car? Is there a way to make a slow/fast, fast/slow pace up and back? I thought about spending our first night in Marblehead and then heading North the following day with a quick stop in Salem. From what I’ve read so far nice places to visit would be Portsmouth, Camden, Bath, Boothbay, Wiscasset, a boat trip to Monhegan, Acadia Natl Park. Any suggestions on routes and timing?
Itinerary - Boston to Bar Harbor
- 1 stay near newark or nyc
- 2 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 3 Breakfast in Chelsea district NYC
- 4 Washington Wineries
- 5 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 6 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 7 Less commercial beach?
- 8 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 9 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 10 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 11 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 12 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 13 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 14 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 15 Priceline, WARNING
- 16 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 17 Kauai golf
- 18 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 19 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 20 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 21 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 22 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 23 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 24 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 25 JFK to Upper West Side by subway