I am wondering if any experienced travelers might have some feedback about the itinerary I am planning for my family trip this summer to Oregon. The kids are 6, 9, and 19. We are making our way to Sun River Resort. My hope was to create a road trip that would weave together our main stop to Sun River, from July 21-29th, then include one or two days visiting Crater Lake.
Here's what I was thinking:
July 20th: Leave SF, stop one night in McCloud and stay at the McCloud River inn
July 21st: Drive to Sun River
July 29th: Leave Sun River, drive to Fort Klamath to stay at the Sun Pass Ranch for 2 nights to see Crater Lake (no availability at Crater Lake Lodge)
July 31st McCloud River Inn
Then SF bound, though we actually don't have to be home until August 2nd
I did consider Ashland, but I think that since there isn't a family performance during our dates the kids might not enjoy it as much as outdoor activities and scenery.
Any suggestions about itinerary, lodging, and sights along the way are very welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 2 Napa Valley Hotel
- 3 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 4 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 5 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 6 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 7 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 8 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 9 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 10 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 11 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 12 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 13 Depot Bay OR
- 14 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 15 A June trip to Kauai
- 16 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 17 Across the United States by Train
- 18 Phone SIM
- 19 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 20 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 21 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 22 A day in Boston
- 23 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 24 1 Week Too Long For Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino?
- 25 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
Itinerary and lodging from san Francisco to Sun River, and Crater Lake