I am wondering if any experienced travelers might have some feedback about the itinerary I am planning for my family trip this summer to Oregon. The kids are 6, 9, and 19. We are making our way to Sun River Resort. My hope was to create a road trip that would weave together our main stop to Sun River, from July 21-29th, then include one or two days visiting Crater Lake.
Here's what I was thinking:
July 20th: Leave SF, stop one night in McCloud and stay at the McCloud River inn
July 21st: Drive to Sun River
July 29th: Leave Sun River, drive to Fort Klamath to stay at the Sun Pass Ranch for 2 nights to see Crater Lake (no availability at Crater Lake Lodge)
July 31st McCloud River Inn
Then SF bound, though we actually don't have to be home until August 2nd
I did consider Ashland, but I think that since there isn't a family performance during our dates the kids might not enjoy it as much as outdoor activities and scenery.
Any suggestions about itinerary, lodging, and sights along the way are very welcome!
Itinerary and lodging from san Francisco to Sun River, and Crater Lake
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 2 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 3 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 4 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 5 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 6 Pub with food in Seattle
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 9 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 10 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 13 Santa Barbara, California
- 14 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 15 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 16 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 17 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 18 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 19 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 20 May visit to Denali
- 21 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 22 Best places to stay on drive from Houston to Los Angeles
- 23 Philly
- 24 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 25 NYC IN AUGUST