I am wondering if any experienced travelers might have some feedback about the itinerary I am planning for my family trip this summer to Oregon. The kids are 6, 9, and 19. We are making our way to Sun River Resort. My hope was to create a road trip that would weave together our main stop to Sun River, from July 21-29th, then include one or two days visiting Crater Lake.
Here's what I was thinking:
July 20th: Leave SF, stop one night in McCloud and stay at the McCloud River inn
July 21st: Drive to Sun River
July 29th: Leave Sun River, drive to Fort Klamath to stay at the Sun Pass Ranch for 2 nights to see Crater Lake (no availability at Crater Lake Lodge)
July 31st McCloud River Inn
Then SF bound, though we actually don't have to be home until August 2nd
I did consider Ashland, but I think that since there isn't a family performance during our dates the kids might not enjoy it as much as outdoor activities and scenery.
Any suggestions about itinerary, lodging, and sights along the way are very welcome!
Itinerary and lodging from san Francisco to Sun River, and Crater Lake
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cross Country RV Trip
- 2 Northern California in February
- 3 Universal Orlando
- 4 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 5 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 6 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 7 Roadtrip in the deep south in August?
- 8 California
- 9 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 10 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 11 Portsmouth NH without a car
- 12 East Coast Summer Vacation Destination
- 13 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 14 Sunday jazz brunch & weekday afternoon tea recs?
- 15 Florida or caribbean
- 16 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 17 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 18 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 19 Deep South sept 2015
- 20 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 21 Winter trip over the holiday season
- 22 New England September
- 23 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 24 Active Vacation
- 25 Required snow tires & rental cars?