I am wondering if any experienced travelers might have some feedback about the itinerary I am planning for my family trip this summer to Oregon. The kids are 6, 9, and 19. We are making our way to Sun River Resort. My hope was to create a road trip that would weave together our main stop to Sun River, from July 21-29th, then include one or two days visiting Crater Lake.
Here's what I was thinking:
July 20th: Leave SF, stop one night in McCloud and stay at the McCloud River inn
July 21st: Drive to Sun River
July 29th: Leave Sun River, drive to Fort Klamath to stay at the Sun Pass Ranch for 2 nights to see Crater Lake (no availability at Crater Lake Lodge)
July 31st McCloud River Inn
Then SF bound, though we actually don't have to be home until August 2nd
I did consider Ashland, but I think that since there isn't a family performance during our dates the kids might not enjoy it as much as outdoor activities and scenery.
Any suggestions about itinerary, lodging, and sights along the way are very welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for New York
- 2 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 3 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 4 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 5 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 6 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 7 Road trip
- 8 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 9 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 10 Getting married to a French man
- 11 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 12 Florida beach recommendation, please
- 13 Cable Cars/Trolleys
- 14 Maine-Portland/Bar Harbor/Moosehead Lake
- 15 Staying outside DC
- 16 Phantom Ranch and....
- 17 Where to stay in Carmel area?
- 18 Where to visit
- 19 A Few Days in Asheville
- 20 10 Day California Trip - Itinirary Help
- 21 Miami to Ft Lauderdale
- 22 Great OR beach house locations?
- 23 Lower Manhattan Late Night Eats
- 24 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 25 New York in December
Itinerary and lodging from san Francisco to Sun River, and Crater Lake