I am wondering if any experienced travelers might have some feedback about the itinerary I am planning for my family trip this summer to Oregon. The kids are 6, 9, and 19. We are making our way to Sun River Resort. My hope was to create a road trip that would weave together our main stop to Sun River, from July 21-29th, then include one or two days visiting Crater Lake.
Here's what I was thinking:
July 20th: Leave SF, stop one night in McCloud and stay at the McCloud River inn
July 21st: Drive to Sun River
July 29th: Leave Sun River, drive to Fort Klamath to stay at the Sun Pass Ranch for 2 nights to see Crater Lake (no availability at Crater Lake Lodge)
July 31st McCloud River Inn
Then SF bound, though we actually don't have to be home until August 2nd
I did consider Ashland, but I think that since there isn't a family performance during our dates the kids might not enjoy it as much as outdoor activities and scenery.
Any suggestions about itinerary, lodging, and sights along the way are very welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 2 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 3 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 4 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 5 How many states have you been to?
- 6 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 7 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 8 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 9 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 12 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 13 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 14 Skagway
- 15 Retiring in NM?
- 16 Chicago to Charleston
- 17 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 18 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 19 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 20 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 21 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 22 Honeymoon out west.
- 23 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 24 Route Planning for East USA
- 25 Utah National Parks visit
Itinerary and lodging from san Francisco to Sun River, and Crater Lake