I am wondering if any experienced travelers might have some feedback about the itinerary I am planning for my family trip this summer to Oregon. The kids are 6, 9, and 19. We are making our way to Sun River Resort. My hope was to create a road trip that would weave together our main stop to Sun River, from July 21-29th, then include one or two days visiting Crater Lake.
Here's what I was thinking:
July 20th: Leave SF, stop one night in McCloud and stay at the McCloud River inn
July 21st: Drive to Sun River
July 29th: Leave Sun River, drive to Fort Klamath to stay at the Sun Pass Ranch for 2 nights to see Crater Lake (no availability at Crater Lake Lodge)
July 31st McCloud River Inn
Then SF bound, though we actually don't have to be home until August 2nd
I did consider Ashland, but I think that since there isn't a family performance during our dates the kids might not enjoy it as much as outdoor activities and scenery.
Any suggestions about itinerary, lodging, and sights along the way are very welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 2 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 3 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 4 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 5 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 6 flagstaff
- 7 San Fransisco to Seattle Drive
- 8 US Trip
- 9 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 10 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 11 Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, Florida
- 12 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 13 DC GTG Dinner at Carmine's, April 29
- 14 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 15 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 16 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 17 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 18 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 19 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 20 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 21 Carrizo Plain National Monument Wildflower "Superbloom"
- 22 Austin, Hotel
- 23 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 24 Bryce and Zion planning
- 25 Maui - luau question
Itinerary and lodging from san Francisco to Sun River, and Crater Lake