I am wondering if any experienced travelers might have some feedback about the itinerary I am planning for my family trip this summer to Oregon. The kids are 6, 9, and 19. We are making our way to Sun River Resort. My hope was to create a road trip that would weave together our main stop to Sun River, from July 21-29th, then include one or two days visiting Crater Lake.
Here's what I was thinking:
July 20th: Leave SF, stop one night in McCloud and stay at the McCloud River inn
July 21st: Drive to Sun River
July 29th: Leave Sun River, drive to Fort Klamath to stay at the Sun Pass Ranch for 2 nights to see Crater Lake (no availability at Crater Lake Lodge)
July 31st McCloud River Inn
Then SF bound, though we actually don't have to be home until August 2nd
I did consider Ashland, but I think that since there isn't a family performance during our dates the kids might not enjoy it as much as outdoor activities and scenery.
Any suggestions about itinerary, lodging, and sights along the way are very welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 2 usa roadtrip
- 3 Hawaii and...where?
- 4 DC Restaurants
- 5 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 6 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 7 How much time in Badlands?
- 8 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 9 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 10 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 11 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 12 Chicago 2017
- 13 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 14 Christmas in Colorado
- 15 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 16 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 17 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 18 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 19 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 20 Marfa/Big Bend
- 21 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 22 JFK to Washington
- 23 Phoenix for the weekend
- 24 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 25 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
Itinerary and lodging from san Francisco to Sun River, and Crater Lake