I am wondering if any experienced travelers might have some feedback about the itinerary I am planning for my family trip this summer to Oregon. The kids are 6, 9, and 19. We are making our way to Sun River Resort. My hope was to create a road trip that would weave together our main stop to Sun River, from July 21-29th, then include one or two days visiting Crater Lake.
Here's what I was thinking:
July 20th: Leave SF, stop one night in McCloud and stay at the McCloud River inn
July 21st: Drive to Sun River
July 29th: Leave Sun River, drive to Fort Klamath to stay at the Sun Pass Ranch for 2 nights to see Crater Lake (no availability at Crater Lake Lodge)
July 31st McCloud River Inn
Then SF bound, though we actually don't have to be home until August 2nd
I did consider Ashland, but I think that since there isn't a family performance during our dates the kids might not enjoy it as much as outdoor activities and scenery.
Any suggestions about itinerary, lodging, and sights along the way are very welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://boostupmuscles.com/alpha-force-testo/
- 2 http://www.health2facts.org/testo-boost-x/
- 3 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 4 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 5 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 6 Bed and Breakfast
- 7 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 8 New England Winter get away with older kids
- 9 New Years Eve in NYC
- 10 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 11 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 12 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 13 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 14 Looking for a Bed and breakfast
- 15 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 16 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 17 Lake Tahoe Honeymoon
- 18 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 19 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 20 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 21 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 22 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 23 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 24 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 25 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
Itinerary and lodging from san Francisco to Sun River, and Crater Lake