In our mini-tour of MN, we are planning a stop at Itasca because we want to see the beginnings of the Miss. River. That day we would be driving from Grand Marais and once we see the park, we would continue driving to Minneapolis. Questions:
1. Is this possible in one day if our only stop is Itasca?
2. If not, should we seek lodging in Grand Rapids, or is there a closer town?
3. How extensive is the hiking/walking to reach the Mississippi River's origin? I only ask because of my 50+ mother and my toddler.
4. Anything worth stopping for (natural wonder, cultural venue) between Grand Rapids and Minneapolis?
5. Lastly, and a bit off topic, is a car necessary to see Minneapolis/St. Paul? Wondering if we could return the rental early so we do not worry about parking in the city since we'll be spending a couple of nights there.
Thank you kindly for your feedback and suggestions.
Itasca State Park
- 1 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 2 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 3 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 4 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 5 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 6 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 7 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 8 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 9 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 10 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 11 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 Savanah Sojourn
- 14 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 15 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 16 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 17 Madison Square Garden
- 18 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 19 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 20 St. Augustine, Florida
- 21 hotel near Met NYC
- 22 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 23 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 24 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 25 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?