My wife and I are going to Maine in late June early July and I had a thought after an overcrowded day on a normally peaceful trail. Are there any trails that are quiet and isolated in Maine during the summer? We're spending most of the time on the coast (Castine, Acadia, Portland) and eventually up to Katahdin.
Any suggestions or experience would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 2 Weekend trip wine-tasting on Long Island
- 3 Sedona - Jeep Tours
- 4 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 5 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 6 48 Hours in NYC
- 7 Another question about hawaii
- 8 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 9 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 10 route tips Ashland OR to Durango, Pasgosa Springs
- 11 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 12 Hawk's
- 13 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 14 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 15 Suggestion for 4 day hotel in Miami
- 16 Broadway show tickets
- 17 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 18 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 19 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 20 BYOB in New York City
- 21 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 22 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 23 Travel from Juneau to Sitka or Skagway
- 24 Key West, FL
- 25 2 day trip covering Grand Canyon and Antelope canyon starting from Phoenix