My wife and I are going to Maine in late June early July and I had a thought after an overcrowded day on a normally peaceful trail. Are there any trails that are quiet and isolated in Maine during the summer? We're spending most of the time on the coast (Castine, Acadia, Portland) and eventually up to Katahdin.
Any suggestions or experience would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wine Country
- 2 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1
- 3 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 4 Florida beach vacation
- 5 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 6 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 7 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 8 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 9 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 10 Nashville Never Been
- 11 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 12 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 13 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 14 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 15 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016
- 16 I95
- 17 Rafting the Colorado
- 18 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 19 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 20 Uber boston
- 21 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 22 Florida vacation
- 23 Buying a home in NJ - need advice from locals thank you!
- 24 Trip to USA in July
- 25 a short trip to san francisco