My wife and I are going to Maine in late June early July and I had a thought after an overcrowded day on a normally peaceful trail. Are there any trails that are quiet and isolated in Maine during the summer? We're spending most of the time on the coast (Castine, Acadia, Portland) and eventually up to Katahdin.
Any suggestions or experience would be greatly appreciated.
Isolated hiking in Maine?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 3 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Kennedy Space Center
- 6 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 7 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 8 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 9 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 10 5 week in US/Mexico
- 11 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 14 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 15 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 16 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 17 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 18 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 19 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 20 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 21 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 22 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 23 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 24 Jersey City Parking
- 25 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?