My wife and I are going to Maine in late June early July and I had a thought after an overcrowded day on a normally peaceful trail. Are there any trails that are quiet and isolated in Maine during the summer? We're spending most of the time on the coast (Castine, Acadia, Portland) and eventually up to Katahdin.
Any suggestions or experience would be greatly appreciated.
Isolated hiking in Maine?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 3 Big island itinerary
- 4 Thousand Islands
- 5 Best Destination in USA
- 6 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 7 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 8 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 9 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 10 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 11 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 12 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 13 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 14 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 15 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 17 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 18 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 19 New York City and New England
- 20 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 23 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 24 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 25 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted