We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 2 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 The Cindy Shearin Group Bottom Line
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 7 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 8 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 9 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 12 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 16 NYC theatre broadway
- 17 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 20 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 21 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 22 A day in Dallas
- 23 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 24 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 25 Door County Suggestions