We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 2 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 3 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 4 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 5 Where to go in Maine?
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Kennebunkport and....?
- 9 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 10 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 11 Wedding in Hawaii
- 12 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 13 rain in Kauai
- 14 Alaska cruise and land
- 15 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 16 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 17 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 18 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 21 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 22 SF to DR? WTH!
- 23 NYC Itinerary Help
- 24 WISCONSIN
- 25 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour