We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 2 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 3 Daytona Beach and ??
- 4 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 5 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 6 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 7 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 8 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 9 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 10 Renting a condo in Florida in January
- 11 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 12 Beach holiday with baby
- 13 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 14 Trip with grandson to Chicago and Michigan
- 15 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 16 Grand Marais?
- 17 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 18 Salt Lake City
- 19 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 20 First visit in New Mexico
- 21 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 22 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 23 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 24 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 25 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?