We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 2 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 3 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 6 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 7 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 8 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 11 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 12 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 13 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 14 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 15 Transportation help in Philly
- 16 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 17 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 18 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 19 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 20 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 21 Hilton Midtown New York
- 22 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 23 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 24 Tour companies
- 25 NYC Neighbourhoods