We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 2 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 3 Romantic destination in the US
- 4 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 5 Moving out of states from Florida
- 6 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 7 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 8 family road trip
- 9 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 10 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 11 Alaska Trip Planning
- 12 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 13 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 14 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 15 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 16 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 19 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 20 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston