We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Biloxi questions again
- 2 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 3 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 4 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 5 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 6 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 7 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 8 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 9 Madison Square Garden
- 10 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 11 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 12 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 13 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 14 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 15 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 18 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 19 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 20 Warm and don't Drive
- 21 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 22 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 23 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 24 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 25 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon