We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 2 New England in the fall
- 3 Looking for Next Destination
- 4 Yosemite Lodging
- 5 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 6 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 7 Fall color yet?
- 8 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 9 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 10 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 11 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 12 Lucerne Switzerland for two days in september 2015
- 13 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 14 N California trip questions
- 15 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 16 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 17 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 18 Colorado aspen updates
- 19 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 20 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 21 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 22 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 23 New England Skiing
- 24 advice please.. family of 8 trip to california in august
- 25 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please