We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 3 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 4 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 5 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 6 Hotel near Miami airport
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 9 Road Trip SW
- 10 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 11 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 12 culpepper
- 13 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 14 Chicago trip
- 15 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 16 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 17 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 18 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 19 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 20 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Santa Barbara, California
- 23 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 24 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 25 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley