We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 2 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 3 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 4 Tucson area flooding
- 5 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 6 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 7 Refining my California Itinerary
- 8 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 9 Oregon Road Trip
- 10 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 11 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 12 Getaway
- 13 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 14 Moving to New Jersey
- 15 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 16 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 17 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 18 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 19 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 20 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 21 St. Simon, Georgia
- 22 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 23 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 24 4 week family trip ideas
- 25 Christmas in TX