We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 2 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 3 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 4 A Beautiful Bike Ride in Southern Delaware (Rehoboth, Bethany)
- 5 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 6 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 7 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 8 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 9 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 10 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help
- 11 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 12 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 13 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 14 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 15 Long Island Advice
- 16 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 17 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 18 Philadelphia ?
- 19 Tour of the Wester US
- 20 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 21 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 22 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 23 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 24 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 25 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide