We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 2 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 3 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 4 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 5 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 6 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 7 Zion the narrows
- 8 Advice on Roadtrip
- 9 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 10 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 11 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 12 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 13 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 14 Los Angeles day trips
- 15 Hawaiian Islands
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 17 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 18 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 19 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 20 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 21 Cabin in Asheville area
- 22 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 23 Seattle Transportation??
- 24 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 25 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?