We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 2 Tucson area flooding
- 3 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 4 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 5 Boston suggestions
- 6 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 7 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 8 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 10 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 11 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 12 Ben Landa
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 15 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 16 Looking for Next Destination
- 17 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 18 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 19 West Coast Road Trip
- 20 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 21 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 22 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 23 Seattle : Airport to Hotel best/economical transportation??
- 24 first time in AZ
- 25 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?