We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA with a 3 year old
- 2 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 3 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 4 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 5 Universal studios/Orlando
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 Wedding venue in NH
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 11 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 12 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 15 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 16 San Diego parks and attractions
- 17 Alaska
- 18 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 19 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 20 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 23 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 24 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 25 Dividing time in Grand Canyon