We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 Road Trip SW
- 3 Connecticut River Byway
- 4 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 5 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 6 San Diego farmer's markets
- 7 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 8 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 9 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 10 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 11 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 12 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 13 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 14 drive from SF to crater lake
- 15 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 16 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 17 moving to florida
- 18 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 19 Hotel near Miami airport
- 20 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 21 Santa Barbara, California
- 22 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 23 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 24 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 25 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson