We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 2 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 3 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 4 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 5 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 6 Please help me with my Minnesota itinerary
- 7 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 8 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 9 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 10 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 11 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 12 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 13 Corvettes at Carlisle - Aussie travellers
- 14 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 15 Montreal - 3 Day Trip
- 16 NYC
- 17 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 18 Toronto to Coastal Maine 1 Week Road Trip
- 19 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 20 Seattle: Something Different?
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Back from Miami Beach
- 23 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 24 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 25 Boston GTG? 7/17/14