We are two adults in our mid-60s who enjoy moderate hiking, boating, and seeing nature. I am thinking of spending a day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center; this would be on the day we drive from the White Mountains area (not sure where we'll be staying - I have a separate post about that) to Portland, ME. It appears that it's a drive of just over 2 hours from the center to Portland, which we don't mind. If we end up staying far from the science center before we go there, we could spend the night before we go there in Holderness.
Is the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center worthwhile visiting?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 2 Maui vacation
- 3 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 4 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 5 Brooklyn why?
- 6 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 7 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 8 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 9 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 10 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 11 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 12 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 13 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 16 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 17 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 18 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 19 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 20 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 21 New York City Restaurants
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 25 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?