We have never been to Wisconsin and are attending a wedding in the north in Marinette. Instead of driving back up and through Michigan we intend to continue down through Wisconsin along Lake Michigan, through Chicago and back to the Detroit area. I know virtually nothing about this drive. We are four adults who love the water, nature, the arts and good restaurants. We love the whole western coast of Michigan and its arty vibe: Traverse City, Saugatuck, etc. Can you suggest some similar stops for us on the Wisconsin side? We will take three days for the drive with our last night being in Chicago.
Is the east coast of Wisconsin similar to the west coast of Michigan?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 4 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 5 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 9 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 10 Weekend in NYC
- 11 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 12 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 13 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 14 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 15 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 18 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 19 Breckenridge in October
- 20 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 21 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 22 Richmond highlights?
- 23 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 24 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 25 Central Park Fall Foliage