We have never been to Wisconsin and are attending a wedding in the north in Marinette. Instead of driving back up and through Michigan we intend to continue down through Wisconsin along Lake Michigan, through Chicago and back to the Detroit area. I know virtually nothing about this drive. We are four adults who love the water, nature, the arts and good restaurants. We love the whole western coast of Michigan and its arty vibe: Traverse City, Saugatuck, etc. Can you suggest some similar stops for us on the Wisconsin side? We will take three days for the drive with our last night being in Chicago.
Is the east coast of Wisconsin similar to the west coast of Michigan?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 replica designer handbags
- 4 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 5 Backpacking in April
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 9 San Diego parks and attractions
- 10 Cape Cod in early April
- 11 USA with a 3 year old
- 12 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 13 united and carry-ons
- 14 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 15 Portland Maine Hotels
- 16 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 17 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 18 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 19 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 20 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 23 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde