We have never been to Wisconsin and are attending a wedding in the north in Marinette. Instead of driving back up and through Michigan we intend to continue down through Wisconsin along Lake Michigan, through Chicago and back to the Detroit area. I know virtually nothing about this drive. We are four adults who love the water, nature, the arts and good restaurants. We love the whole western coast of Michigan and its arty vibe: Traverse City, Saugatuck, etc. Can you suggest some similar stops for us on the Wisconsin side? We will take three days for the drive with our last night being in Chicago.
Is the east coast of Wisconsin similar to the west coast of Michigan?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 2 Clearwater FL area
- 3 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 4 Los Angeles day trips
- 5 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 6 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 7 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 8 trip advice from TN to TX
- 9 san diego or nearby area
- 10 middlebury vt snow
- 11 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 12 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 13 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 14 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 15 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 16 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 17 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 18 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 19 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 20 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 21 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 22 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 23 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 24 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 25 Charleston, SC Hotels