We have never been to Wisconsin and are attending a wedding in the north in Marinette. Instead of driving back up and through Michigan we intend to continue down through Wisconsin along Lake Michigan, through Chicago and back to the Detroit area. I know virtually nothing about this drive. We are four adults who love the water, nature, the arts and good restaurants. We love the whole western coast of Michigan and its arty vibe: Traverse City, Saugatuck, etc. Can you suggest some similar stops for us on the Wisconsin side? We will take three days for the drive with our last night being in Chicago.
Is the east coast of Wisconsin similar to the west coast of Michigan?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to dress in Vegas
- 2 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 3 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 4 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 5 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 6 charlotte
- 7 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 8 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 9 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 10 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 11 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 12 Sonoma or napa?
- 13 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 14 USA trip
- 15 Black Hills Trip Report
- 16 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 17 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 18 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 19 Cape Cod in October
- 20 Air Connections on Maui
- 21 Theater Historians
- 22 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 23 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 24 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 25 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips