We have never been to Wisconsin and are attending a wedding in the north in Marinette. Instead of driving back up and through Michigan we intend to continue down through Wisconsin along Lake Michigan, through Chicago and back to the Detroit area. I know virtually nothing about this drive. We are four adults who love the water, nature, the arts and good restaurants. We love the whole western coast of Michigan and its arty vibe: Traverse City, Saugatuck, etc. Can you suggest some similar stops for us on the Wisconsin side? We will take three days for the drive with our last night being in Chicago.
Is the east coast of Wisconsin similar to the west coast of Michigan?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 4 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 5 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 6 How Do We Get from JFK to Stamford, CT?
- 7 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 8 4/30/2015 Driving Vegas to Newport Rhode Island - southern route
- 9 DC - WW2 flyover
- 10 Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies
- 11 New York City-New Things?
- 12 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 13 Camping Generator!?
- 14 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 15 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?
- 16 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 17 Alaska Trip Planning
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 20 Things to do in La Jolla
- 21 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 22 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 23 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 25 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do