We have never been to Wisconsin and are attending a wedding in the north in Marinette. Instead of driving back up and through Michigan we intend to continue down through Wisconsin along Lake Michigan, through Chicago and back to the Detroit area. I know virtually nothing about this drive. We are four adults who love the water, nature, the arts and good restaurants. We love the whole western coast of Michigan and its arty vibe: Traverse City, Saugatuck, etc. Can you suggest some similar stops for us on the Wisconsin side? We will take three days for the drive with our last night being in Chicago.
Is the east coast of Wisconsin similar to the west coast of Michigan?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite Lodging
- 2 Temecula Winery Tours
- 3 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 4 Fairbanks Alaska
- 5 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 6 Worst Restaurants in America
- 7 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 8 What's new on Maui?
- 9 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 10 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 11 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 12 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 13 Broadway choices
- 14 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 15 Question About Sealodge
- 16 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 17 Colorado aspen updates
- 18 New England Skiing
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 21 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 22 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 23 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 24 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 25 Fall week in Massachusetts