We have never been to Wisconsin and are attending a wedding in the north in Marinette. Instead of driving back up and through Michigan we intend to continue down through Wisconsin along Lake Michigan, through Chicago and back to the Detroit area. I know virtually nothing about this drive. We are four adults who love the water, nature, the arts and good restaurants. We love the whole western coast of Michigan and its arty vibe: Traverse City, Saugatuck, etc. Can you suggest some similar stops for us on the Wisconsin side? We will take three days for the drive with our last night being in Chicago.
Is the east coast of Wisconsin similar to the west coast of Michigan?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 2 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 3 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 4 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 5 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 6 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 7 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 8 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 9 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 10 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 11 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 12 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 13 Phoenix restaurants
- 14 5 week in US/Mexico
- 15 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 16 10 day trip to California
- 17 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 20 Rafting near Denali
- 21 New York City Restaurants
- 22 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 23 Kennedy Space Center
- 24 Week in October in Maine
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles