We have never been to Wisconsin and are attending a wedding in the north in Marinette. Instead of driving back up and through Michigan we intend to continue down through Wisconsin along Lake Michigan, through Chicago and back to the Detroit area. I know virtually nothing about this drive. We are four adults who love the water, nature, the arts and good restaurants. We love the whole western coast of Michigan and its arty vibe: Traverse City, Saugatuck, etc. Can you suggest some similar stops for us on the Wisconsin side? We will take three days for the drive with our last night being in Chicago.
Is the east coast of Wisconsin similar to the west coast of Michigan?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 2 Hotels near beach orange county
- 3 Coronado Ferry
- 4 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 5 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 6 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 7 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 8 Colorado trip in early May
- 9 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 10 Grand Marais?
- 11 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 12 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 13 Maine in latter half of September
- 14 Seattle hotels
- 15 Seattle in April
- 16 Seattle Visit April
- 17 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 18 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 19 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 20 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 21 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 22 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 23 Colorado trip
- 24 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 25 roast beef dinner in Manhattan