We have never been to Wisconsin and are attending a wedding in the north in Marinette. Instead of driving back up and through Michigan we intend to continue down through Wisconsin along Lake Michigan, through Chicago and back to the Detroit area. I know virtually nothing about this drive. We are four adults who love the water, nature, the arts and good restaurants. We love the whole western coast of Michigan and its arty vibe: Traverse City, Saugatuck, etc. Can you suggest some similar stops for us on the Wisconsin side? We will take three days for the drive with our last night being in Chicago.
Is the east coast of Wisconsin similar to the west coast of Michigan?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 2 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 3 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 4 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 5 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 6 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 7 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 11 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 12 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 13 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 14 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 15 Sunitoomas - stop shilling for that company
- 16 Tour companies
- 17 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 18 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 19 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 20 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 21 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 22 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 23 Quick Trip to NYC
- 24 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 25 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas