We are headed to SF for a long weekend and our VRBO in the Marina District fell through. We have found availability in the following areas: Russian Hill. Sunset near Golden Gate Park, Noe Valley, Richmond near the beach and Alamo Square. We have these places selected because we think they meet our space, price, parking and location needs. We have been struggling with choosing one because we don't know how long it takes to get around SF, the micro climates, safety, and issues like parking ( It's hard for us to understand why a place on the beach which we hear is cold and foggy--is less desirable than a place where you have to move your car every 2-3 hours.) we found some people telling us VRBO is illegal in SF. We have read a lot on the forums here but were hoping to get advice on what is going on NOW in this area and if it is safe to rent this way. We have had great success with VRBO in the past in other areas. We need some sage advice from those of you who live there or have spent a lot of time there. We want to see the tourist spots in and around the city (we will be coming from Sequoia, Kings Canyon and Yosemite so mostly looking closer into SF), fit in a ballgame, go to Alcatraz, Chinatown, Japantown etc. We want to keep our car so we can see things like Berkley, Muir Woods, Sausalito, Marin County or whatever we have time to see. I have tagged a lot of places to see but mostly I am concerned about where to stay. We are a family of 5. One hotel room isn't going to be enough for us. Thanks!
Is it okay to VRBO in San Franciso?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ONP help
- 2 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 3 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 4 Road Tour in Usa
- 5 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 6 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 7 So you love handbags!
- 8 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 9 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 10 replica designer handbags
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 13 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 14 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 15 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 16 Re-Visit DC
- 17 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 18 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls
- 19 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 20 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 21 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 22 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami
- 23 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 24 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 25 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port