We are headed to SF for a long weekend and our VRBO in the Marina District fell through. We have found availability in the following areas: Russian Hill. Sunset near Golden Gate Park, Noe Valley, Richmond near the beach and Alamo Square. We have these places selected because we think they meet our space, price, parking and location needs. We have been struggling with choosing one because we don't know how long it takes to get around SF, the micro climates, safety, and issues like parking ( It's hard for us to understand why a place on the beach which we hear is cold and foggy--is less desirable than a place where you have to move your car every 2-3 hours.) we found some people telling us VRBO is illegal in SF. We have read a lot on the forums here but were hoping to get advice on what is going on NOW in this area and if it is safe to rent this way. We have had great success with VRBO in the past in other areas. We need some sage advice from those of you who live there or have spent a lot of time there. We want to see the tourist spots in and around the city (we will be coming from Sequoia, Kings Canyon and Yosemite so mostly looking closer into SF), fit in a ballgame, go to Alcatraz, Chinatown, Japantown etc. We want to keep our car so we can see things like Berkley, Muir Woods, Sausalito, Marin County or whatever we have time to see. I have tagged a lot of places to see but mostly I am concerned about where to stay. We are a family of 5. One hotel room isn't going to be enough for us. Thanks!
Is it okay to VRBO in San Franciso?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 2 Breckenridge in October
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 6 Richmond highlights?
- 7 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 8 Washington DC in Spring?
- 9 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 10 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 11 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 12 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 13 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 14 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 15 Must Eats
- 16 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 17 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 18 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 19 Florida St George's Island
- 20 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 21 Union Square area restaurant
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 24 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???