So I just found this forum on this website from about ten years ago called "Betsy-Tacy Mankato info!" If you do a search by that title, you should be able to find the forum. Anyway, the people in the forum were quite negative about Mankato. As someone who lives in Mankato, I hate to agree with them, but I have to say, most of them express the exact same feelings I have of Mankato today. Basically, they all say that Mankato is a cultural wasteland, and I can't agree more. It's still very much a cultural wasteland today. I don't feel like I am even alive there. I just exist. It may even be worse today. I also find the university students to be mostly uncultured, beer drinking, and juvenile. In 2003, there was a druken riot by these students in Mankato, which unfortunately was reported even on CNN. It's always so embarrassing to say that I live in Mankato. Whenever Mankato comes up in the news it's about an alcohol related death or accident. There are more bars per square mile than there are anywhere else the town of this size. Most of the restaurants are buffet style. Ethnic restaurants always go out of business there because the locals are so uninterested in novel experiences. My dream is to some day get another job that will allow me to move away from here. Are there people today who still feel the same way as those folks did ten years ago (and like I do now)? What are your comments about Mankato?
Is it just me or is Mankato is still a cultural wasteland?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Question about Boulder area
- 2 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 3 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 4 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 5 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 6 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 7 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 10 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 11 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 12 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 13 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 14 Biloxi questions again
- 15 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 16 Madison Square Garden
- 17 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 18 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 19 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 20 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 21 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 22 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed