My Lady Wife and I just spent a pleasant short visit to St Simons, GA (http://www.goldenisles.com/st-simons-island )
We stayed at the Ocean Inn and Suites (http://www.oceaninnsuites.com/ ) which we can recommend very highly.
Our suite, no. 304, was in the upper left corner of the building as you face it. Very large room with a king and a double, a couch, 2 desks, mini fridge, microwave, TV a sit-down balcony with 2 chairs, and the usual mod cons.
Lovely view of the lighthouse and the water, about 3 blks from the village - $150/nite with covered parking and bkfst. (To be honest, the bkfst is mediocre.)
We ate at Mullet Bay (http://mulletbayrestaurant.com/ ), which we describe as “Old Florida” – olde style beach resort. Food and service were both VG. Prices were reasonable. I thought the Fish Tacos were well worth the price.
We also had dinner at Halyards (http://www.halyardsrestaurant.com/ ). Don’t be put off by it’s being in a shopping center. It is very, very good. Far superior to most restos on the island.
The menu is limited, but as Spencer Tracy once said, “What there is is cherce”. Excellent fish and seafood. The squash ravioli with a sauce of duck confit was top notch.
Service was quiet, discreet and very good.
Driving home, we took the scenic way up Rte 17, where we came upon a convenience store with a sign that said “Local Honey Inside”.
I wanted to check out the local honey, but Roberta said that it wasn’t necessary.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://getbodybuildingbuilder.com/megadrox-and-testadrox/
- 2 Broadway show tickets
- 3 Restaurants in DC
- 4 Hawk's
- 5 4th of July in Chicago
- 6 Oahu hotels
- 7 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 8 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 9 Sedona to Vegas
- 10 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 11 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 12 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 13 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 14 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 15 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 16 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 17 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 18 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 19 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 20 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 21 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 22 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 23 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 24 BYOB in New York City
- 25 alaska kenai peninsula places to stay for fishing.