My Lady Wife and I just spent a pleasant short visit to St Simons, GA (http://www.goldenisles.com/st-simons-island )
We stayed at the Ocean Inn and Suites (http://www.oceaninnsuites.com/ ) which we can recommend very highly.
Our suite, no. 304, was in the upper left corner of the building as you face it. Very large room with a king and a double, a couch, 2 desks, mini fridge, microwave, TV a sit-down balcony with 2 chairs, and the usual mod cons.
Lovely view of the lighthouse and the water, about 3 blks from the village - $150/nite with covered parking and bkfst. (To be honest, the bkfst is mediocre.)
We ate at Mullet Bay (http://mulletbayrestaurant.com/ ), which we describe as “Old Florida” – olde style beach resort. Food and service were both VG. Prices were reasonable. I thought the Fish Tacos were well worth the price.
We also had dinner at Halyards (http://www.halyardsrestaurant.com/ ). Don’t be put off by it’s being in a shopping center. It is very, very good. Far superior to most restos on the island.
The menu is limited, but as Spencer Tracy once said, “What there is is cherce”. Excellent fish and seafood. The squash ravioli with a sauce of duck confit was top notch.
Service was quiet, discreet and very good.
Driving home, we took the scenic way up Rte 17, where we came upon a convenience store with a sign that said “Local Honey Inside”.
I wanted to check out the local honey, but Roberta said that it wasn’t necessary.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 2 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 3 Weather in Chicago
- 4 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 5 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 6 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 7 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 8 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 9 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 10 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 11 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 12 Dining in St. Louis
- 13 AR State Parks
- 14 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 15 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 16 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 17 Help me with this
- 18 NYC For The Day
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 20 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 21 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 22 JFK Terminal 8
- 23 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 24 California Trip
- 25 Atlanta With Toddler