My Lady Wife and I just spent a pleasant short visit to St Simons, GA (http://www.goldenisles.com/st-simons-island )
We stayed at the Ocean Inn and Suites (http://www.oceaninnsuites.com/ ) which we can recommend very highly.
Our suite, no. 304, was in the upper left corner of the building as you face it. Very large room with a king and a double, a couch, 2 desks, mini fridge, microwave, TV a sit-down balcony with 2 chairs, and the usual mod cons.
Lovely view of the lighthouse and the water, about 3 blks from the village - $150/nite with covered parking and bkfst. (To be honest, the bkfst is mediocre.)
We ate at Mullet Bay (http://mulletbayrestaurant.com/ ), which we describe as “Old Florida” – olde style beach resort. Food and service were both VG. Prices were reasonable. I thought the Fish Tacos were well worth the price.
We also had dinner at Halyards (http://www.halyardsrestaurant.com/ ). Don’t be put off by it’s being in a shopping center. It is very, very good. Far superior to most restos on the island.
The menu is limited, but as Spencer Tracy once said, “What there is is cherce”. Excellent fish and seafood. The squash ravioli with a sauce of duck confit was top notch.
Service was quiet, discreet and very good.
Driving home, we took the scenic way up Rte 17, where we came upon a convenience store with a sign that said “Local Honey Inside”.
I wanted to check out the local honey, but Roberta said that it wasn’t necessary.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Home Remodeling and Renovation Company Las Vegas
- 2 http://yoursantiagingcream.com/alpha-fuel-testo/
- 3 http://getmusclebuildingbase.com/hypertone-force-sa/
- 4 separate lenses with each purchase
- 5 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 6 http://www.menshealthsupplement.info/zymax-male-enhancement/
- 7 http://www.supplementrocket.com/muscle-booster-pure/
- 8 http://yoursantiagingcream.com/vitalmax-xt-reviews/
- 9 Using the base? Wash your face with special
- 10 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 11 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 12 Nilichik Ak.
- 13 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 14 Las vegas +21
- 15 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 16 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 17 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 18 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 19 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 20 A day in Boston
- 21 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 22 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 23 Newport , RI
- 24 Steamboat in August
- 25 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October