My Lady Wife and I just spent a pleasant short visit to St Simons, GA (http://www.goldenisles.com/st-simons-island )
We stayed at the Ocean Inn and Suites (http://www.oceaninnsuites.com/ ) which we can recommend very highly.
Our suite, no. 304, was in the upper left corner of the building as you face it. Very large room with a king and a double, a couch, 2 desks, mini fridge, microwave, TV a sit-down balcony with 2 chairs, and the usual mod cons.
Lovely view of the lighthouse and the water, about 3 blks from the village - $150/nite with covered parking and bkfst. (To be honest, the bkfst is mediocre.)
We ate at Mullet Bay (http://mulletbayrestaurant.com/ ), which we describe as “Old Florida” – olde style beach resort. Food and service were both VG. Prices were reasonable. I thought the Fish Tacos were well worth the price.
We also had dinner at Halyards (http://www.halyardsrestaurant.com/ ). Don’t be put off by it’s being in a shopping center. It is very, very good. Far superior to most restos on the island.
The menu is limited, but as Spencer Tracy once said, “What there is is cherce”. Excellent fish and seafood. The squash ravioli with a sauce of duck confit was top notch.
Service was quiet, discreet and very good.
Driving home, we took the scenic way up Rte 17, where we came upon a convenience store with a sign that said “Local Honey Inside”.
I wanted to check out the local honey, but Roberta said that it wasn’t necessary.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://circlehealthclub.com/barely-there-anti-aging/
- 2 Denver to Yellowstone
- 3 October New England Honeymoon??
- 4 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 5 hotel in NYC
- 6 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 7 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 8 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 9 Briefly, in WNY
- 10 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 11 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 12 Seattle Airport to Downtown
- 13 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 14 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 15 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 16 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 17 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 18 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 19 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 20 Zion National Park
- 21 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 22 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 23 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 24 What to do in Asheville
- 25 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS