Flew in/out on AirTran from ATL. About $200/ticket. Being limited to 2 quarts of carry on stuff was a pain.
Flights uneventful. Cab to/from NOLA airport is a fixed $33 for 2 people. Cheaper than the shuttle.
Stayed at the Country Inn and Suites on Magazine St. About 12 min from Jackson Sq. $72/nite
Nice bkfst, decent bagles, eggs were OK, make your own waffles, fruit
Bourbon Street has degenerated into an over-amplified, very noisy melange of strip joints and Coney Island bars.
Visited the usual places, plus the Hermann-Grima House (http://www.hgghh.org/) where we learned why New Orleans is "Norlens". The foundry mark on the cistern reads E. E. Parker, N.Orleans, 1831"
The New Orleans Museum of Art was worth a ride out on the Canal St trolley. http://noma.org/
(The trolley is $1.25 ea way – exact change only. $5 for a day pass. $12 for 3 days)
Lunch at the café was very nice. Smoked salmon on country bread, cheese plate (choice of 3 kinds) with chutney, Cajun-spiced pecans, bread, 2 glasses wine - $44.
Lunches at Acme Oyster House - about $30 (http://www.acmeoyster.com/)and K Paul’s Louisian Kitchen - about $40 (http://www.chefpaul.com/kpaul). The oyster Po Boy at the Acme was better than the crab. The crab Po Boy at K Paul’s was very good. The chicken Marchand (boned thigh stuffed with diced breast) at KP’s was excellent. At lunch KP’s makes a pretense of being just a cheap joint – plastic plates, cups and cutlery – otherwise it is pleasant.
Dinners at: Muriel’s (http://www.muriels.com/), very nice; Brennan’s (http://www.brennansneworleans.com/), even nicer (not cheap); Mulate’s (http://www.mulates.com/) – we especially liked watching the folks dancing to the Zydeco band. (I especially liked the Boudin sausage.)
Ate too much, drank too much, enjoyed ourselves greatly.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.xtgenixau.com/xtrcut-reviews/
- 2 http://supplementsadvisor.org/skinprov/
- 3 Could Attempt Better Looking Skin
- 4 http://www.tenedonlineshop.com/revitol-anti-aging-cream/
- 5 http://www.cogniqtry.com/alpha-performance-enhancer/
- 6 http://www.healthcarebooster.com/testo-vital/
- 7 http://www.healthyminimag.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 8 http://www.supplementadvise.com/optimum-garcinia-plus/
- 9 http://idmcracksoftware.com
- 10 http://yoursantiagingcream.com/nuvagen-cream/
- 11 http://bettercoloncleansingguide.com/mastique-serum-fr/
- 12 virtual dj @ http://freecracksunlimited.com/virtualdj-crack-download/
- 13 http://yoursantiagingcream.com/nuvagen-cream/
- 14 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 15 questioning it water will make
- 16 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 17 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 18 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 19 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 20 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 21 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 22 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 23 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 24 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 25 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary