I have a friend in Des Moines who has nearly convinced me to make a trip to Iowa in August for the state fair. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has been in the past, and whether this fair stands out for any particular reason. I know Iowa doesn't often rate as a destination on these boards, but I usually make a trip or two in that direction each year to visit friends.
Iowa State Fair Sesquicentennial
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 2 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 3 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 4 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 5 Hotels Philly
- 6 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 7 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 8 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 9 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 10 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 11 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 12 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 13 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 14 Texas
- 15 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 16 California
- 17 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 18 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 19 Deep South sept 2015
- 20 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 21 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 22 Cross Country RV Trip
- 23 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 24 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 25 Ackislander