I am in agreement with other's on Trip Advisor who give Inn at Sunrise Point a 'mixed review'. The room we had was a waterfront cottage that had a wonderful view! It could've been a larger in the seating area though. Bear in mind that this accommodation was $500 per night. One does expect good service and good food as well. We have been to Maine on 8 occasions, and this inn ranks at the bottom for food, service, and hospitality. Service: 1. It was my husband's 50th birthday, and I had prearranged a specific bottle of wine to be chilled in the room upon arrival. Instead, when we arrived, I was given a blank stare and the innkeeper said, " you were suppose to have wine weren't you?" Well, so much for that nice surprise! 2. My husband carried our luggage to the cottage. Not a huge deal, but again, we are paying $500/night, and he won't let a petite innkeeper do it for him. 3. In general, the innkeeper was not a 'people person'. 4. Two weeks after our departure, unbeknownst to us, our credit card was charged again. Not only was it charged without us knowing, but much of the charge was incorrect. Food: 1. We could hear talk in the kitchen about the biscuits not rising. Still, they chose to serve the flat, tasteless, hard biscuits. Why serve them?? 2. The quiche was so bad neither of us could eat it. Terrible, and my husband is not a picky eater!
Inn at Sunrise Point
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 3 Washington, DC to Boston
- 4 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 5 San Diego Trip Report
- 6 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 7 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 8 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 9 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 12 WISCONSIN
- 13 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 14 rain in Kauai
- 15 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 16 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 17 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 18 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 19 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 20 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 21 Phoenix restaurants
- 22 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 23 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 24 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 25 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?