I am in agreement with other's on Trip Advisor who give Inn at Sunrise Point a 'mixed review'. The room we had was a waterfront cottage that had a wonderful view! It could've been a larger in the seating area though. Bear in mind that this accommodation was $500 per night. One does expect good service and good food as well. We have been to Maine on 8 occasions, and this inn ranks at the bottom for food, service, and hospitality. Service: 1. It was my husband's 50th birthday, and I had prearranged a specific bottle of wine to be chilled in the room upon arrival. Instead, when we arrived, I was given a blank stare and the innkeeper said, " you were suppose to have wine weren't you?" Well, so much for that nice surprise! 2. My husband carried our luggage to the cottage. Not a huge deal, but again, we are paying $500/night, and he won't let a petite innkeeper do it for him. 3. In general, the innkeeper was not a 'people person'. 4. Two weeks after our departure, unbeknownst to us, our credit card was charged again. Not only was it charged without us knowing, but much of the charge was incorrect. Food: 1. We could hear talk in the kitchen about the biscuits not rising. Still, they chose to serve the flat, tasteless, hard biscuits. Why serve them?? 2. The quiche was so bad neither of us could eat it. Terrible, and my husband is not a picky eater!
Inn at Sunrise Point
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Worst Restaurants in America
- 2 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 3 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 4 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 5 What's new on Maui?
- 6 Broadway choices
- 7 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 8 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 9 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 10 Question About Sealodge
- 11 Yosemite Lodging
- 12 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 13 Colorado aspen updates
- 14 New England Skiing
- 15 4 week family trip ideas
- 16 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 17 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 19 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 20 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 21 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 22 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 23 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 24 Tucson area flooding
- 25 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?