I am in agreement with other's on Trip Advisor who give Inn at Sunrise Point a 'mixed review'. The room we had was a waterfront cottage that had a wonderful view! It could've been a larger in the seating area though. Bear in mind that this accommodation was $500 per night. One does expect good service and good food as well. We have been to Maine on 8 occasions, and this inn ranks at the bottom for food, service, and hospitality. Service: 1. It was my husband's 50th birthday, and I had prearranged a specific bottle of wine to be chilled in the room upon arrival. Instead, when we arrived, I was given a blank stare and the innkeeper said, " you were suppose to have wine weren't you?" Well, so much for that nice surprise! 2. My husband carried our luggage to the cottage. Not a huge deal, but again, we are paying $500/night, and he won't let a petite innkeeper do it for him. 3. In general, the innkeeper was not a 'people person'. 4. Two weeks after our departure, unbeknownst to us, our credit card was charged again. Not only was it charged without us knowing, but much of the charge was incorrect. Food: 1. We could hear talk in the kitchen about the biscuits not rising. Still, they chose to serve the flat, tasteless, hard biscuits. Why serve them?? 2. The quiche was so bad neither of us could eat it. Terrible, and my husband is not a picky eater!
Inn at Sunrise Point
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 2 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 3 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 4 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 5 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 6 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 7 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 8 Advice on Roadtrip
- 9 trip from Memphis, TN to San Antonio, TX
- 10 Miami comfort without $$$$
- 11 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 12 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 13 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 14 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 15 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 16 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 17 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 18 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 19 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 20 Montana- what are must see places?
- 21 California San Diego area lodging
- 22 Kauai Garden tours
- 23 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 24 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 25 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?