I am in agreement with other's on Trip Advisor who give Inn at Sunrise Point a 'mixed review'. The room we had was a waterfront cottage that had a wonderful view! It could've been a larger in the seating area though. Bear in mind that this accommodation was $500 per night. One does expect good service and good food as well. We have been to Maine on 8 occasions, and this inn ranks at the bottom for food, service, and hospitality. Service: 1. It was my husband's 50th birthday, and I had prearranged a specific bottle of wine to be chilled in the room upon arrival. Instead, when we arrived, I was given a blank stare and the innkeeper said, " you were suppose to have wine weren't you?" Well, so much for that nice surprise! 2. My husband carried our luggage to the cottage. Not a huge deal, but again, we are paying $500/night, and he won't let a petite innkeeper do it for him. 3. In general, the innkeeper was not a 'people person'. 4. Two weeks after our departure, unbeknownst to us, our credit card was charged again. Not only was it charged without us knowing, but much of the charge was incorrect. Food: 1. We could hear talk in the kitchen about the biscuits not rising. Still, they chose to serve the flat, tasteless, hard biscuits. Why serve them?? 2. The quiche was so bad neither of us could eat it. Terrible, and my husband is not a picky eater!
Inn at Sunrise Point
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 4 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 5 Dining in D.C.
- 6 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 7 Jersey City Parking
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Washington DC Metro
- 10 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 13 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 14 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 15 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 16 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 17 Alaska cruise and land
- 18 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 19 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 20 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 21 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 22 NYC taxi vs car service
- 23 rain in Kauai
- 24 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 25 Hotel in Santa Barbara