I am in agreement with other's on Trip Advisor who give Inn at Sunrise Point a 'mixed review'. The room we had was a waterfront cottage that had a wonderful view! It could've been a larger in the seating area though. Bear in mind that this accommodation was $500 per night. One does expect good service and good food as well. We have been to Maine on 8 occasions, and this inn ranks at the bottom for food, service, and hospitality. Service: 1. It was my husband's 50th birthday, and I had prearranged a specific bottle of wine to be chilled in the room upon arrival. Instead, when we arrived, I was given a blank stare and the innkeeper said, " you were suppose to have wine weren't you?" Well, so much for that nice surprise! 2. My husband carried our luggage to the cottage. Not a huge deal, but again, we are paying $500/night, and he won't let a petite innkeeper do it for him. 3. In general, the innkeeper was not a 'people person'. 4. Two weeks after our departure, unbeknownst to us, our credit card was charged again. Not only was it charged without us knowing, but much of the charge was incorrect. Food: 1. We could hear talk in the kitchen about the biscuits not rising. Still, they chose to serve the flat, tasteless, hard biscuits. Why serve them?? 2. The quiche was so bad neither of us could eat it. Terrible, and my husband is not a picky eater!
Inn at Sunrise Point
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 3 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 4 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 5 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 6 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 7 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 8 Washington DC in Spring?
- 9 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 10 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 11 Richmond highlights?
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Broadway this week
- 15 Weekend in NYC
- 16 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 19 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 20 New York, New York...
- 21 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 22 trains in Europe
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 25 USA trip