I am in agreement with other's on Trip Advisor who give Inn at Sunrise Point a 'mixed review'. The room we had was a waterfront cottage that had a wonderful view! It could've been a larger in the seating area though. Bear in mind that this accommodation was $500 per night. One does expect good service and good food as well. We have been to Maine on 8 occasions, and this inn ranks at the bottom for food, service, and hospitality. Service: 1. It was my husband's 50th birthday, and I had prearranged a specific bottle of wine to be chilled in the room upon arrival. Instead, when we arrived, I was given a blank stare and the innkeeper said, " you were suppose to have wine weren't you?" Well, so much for that nice surprise! 2. My husband carried our luggage to the cottage. Not a huge deal, but again, we are paying $500/night, and he won't let a petite innkeeper do it for him. 3. In general, the innkeeper was not a 'people person'. 4. Two weeks after our departure, unbeknownst to us, our credit card was charged again. Not only was it charged without us knowing, but much of the charge was incorrect. Food: 1. We could hear talk in the kitchen about the biscuits not rising. Still, they chose to serve the flat, tasteless, hard biscuits. Why serve them?? 2. The quiche was so bad neither of us could eat it. Terrible, and my husband is not a picky eater!
Inn at Sunrise Point
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 4 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 5 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 6 palm desert, CA
- 7 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 8 late-night DC restaurant
- 9 New York Trip
- 10 Balloon fest hotels
- 11 Philadelphia ?
- 12 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 13 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 14 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 15 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 16 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 17 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 18 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 19 Houston in September
- 20 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 21 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 22 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 23 El Paso to Kansas City via Texas
- 24 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 25 Exploring New Jersey and New York city