I am in agreement with other's on Trip Advisor who give Inn at Sunrise Point a 'mixed review'. The room we had was a waterfront cottage that had a wonderful view! It could've been a larger in the seating area though. Bear in mind that this accommodation was $500 per night. One does expect good service and good food as well. We have been to Maine on 8 occasions, and this inn ranks at the bottom for food, service, and hospitality. Service: 1. It was my husband's 50th birthday, and I had prearranged a specific bottle of wine to be chilled in the room upon arrival. Instead, when we arrived, I was given a blank stare and the innkeeper said, " you were suppose to have wine weren't you?" Well, so much for that nice surprise! 2. My husband carried our luggage to the cottage. Not a huge deal, but again, we are paying $500/night, and he won't let a petite innkeeper do it for him. 3. In general, the innkeeper was not a 'people person'. 4. Two weeks after our departure, unbeknownst to us, our credit card was charged again. Not only was it charged without us knowing, but much of the charge was incorrect. Food: 1. We could hear talk in the kitchen about the biscuits not rising. Still, they chose to serve the flat, tasteless, hard biscuits. Why serve them?? 2. The quiche was so bad neither of us could eat it. Terrible, and my husband is not a picky eater!
Inn at Sunrise Point
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 2 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 3 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 4 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 5 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 6 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 7 Tour companies
- 8 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 9 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 10 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 11 Hilton Midtown New York
- 12 Apartment Rentals DC
- 13 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 14 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 15 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 16 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 17 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 18 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 19 Vegas hotels for families
- 20 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 21 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 22 new york plays
- 23 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 24 San Francisco - mid October
- 25 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park