I am in agreement with other's on Trip Advisor who give Inn at Sunrise Point a 'mixed review'. The room we had was a waterfront cottage that had a wonderful view! It could've been a larger in the seating area though. Bear in mind that this accommodation was $500 per night. One does expect good service and good food as well. We have been to Maine on 8 occasions, and this inn ranks at the bottom for food, service, and hospitality. Service: 1. It was my husband's 50th birthday, and I had prearranged a specific bottle of wine to be chilled in the room upon arrival. Instead, when we arrived, I was given a blank stare and the innkeeper said, " you were suppose to have wine weren't you?" Well, so much for that nice surprise! 2. My husband carried our luggage to the cottage. Not a huge deal, but again, we are paying $500/night, and he won't let a petite innkeeper do it for him. 3. In general, the innkeeper was not a 'people person'. 4. Two weeks after our departure, unbeknownst to us, our credit card was charged again. Not only was it charged without us knowing, but much of the charge was incorrect. Food: 1. We could hear talk in the kitchen about the biscuits not rising. Still, they chose to serve the flat, tasteless, hard biscuits. Why serve them?? 2. The quiche was so bad neither of us could eat it. Terrible, and my husband is not a picky eater!
Inn at Sunrise Point
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 2 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 5 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 6 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 7 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 8 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 9 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 10 Las Vegas must sees
- 11 adams morgan - safety
- 12 Morning in miami
- 13 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 14 Grand Teton in October
- 15 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 16 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 17 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 18 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 19 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 20 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 21 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 22 US Southwest
- 23 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 24 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 25 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco