I am in agreement with other's on Trip Advisor who give Inn at Sunrise Point a 'mixed review'. The room we had was a waterfront cottage that had a wonderful view! It could've been a larger in the seating area though. Bear in mind that this accommodation was $500 per night. One does expect good service and good food as well. We have been to Maine on 8 occasions, and this inn ranks at the bottom for food, service, and hospitality. Service: 1. It was my husband's 50th birthday, and I had prearranged a specific bottle of wine to be chilled in the room upon arrival. Instead, when we arrived, I was given a blank stare and the innkeeper said, " you were suppose to have wine weren't you?" Well, so much for that nice surprise! 2. My husband carried our luggage to the cottage. Not a huge deal, but again, we are paying $500/night, and he won't let a petite innkeeper do it for him. 3. In general, the innkeeper was not a 'people person'. 4. Two weeks after our departure, unbeknownst to us, our credit card was charged again. Not only was it charged without us knowing, but much of the charge was incorrect. Food: 1. We could hear talk in the kitchen about the biscuits not rising. Still, they chose to serve the flat, tasteless, hard biscuits. Why serve them?? 2. The quiche was so bad neither of us could eat it. Terrible, and my husband is not a picky eater!
Inn at Sunrise Point
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 2 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 3 culpepper
- 4 moving to florida
- 5 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 6 Hotel near Miami airport
- 7 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 8 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 9 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 10 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 11 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 12 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 13 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 14 Mesa Verde
- 15 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 16 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 17 Road Trip SW
- 18 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 19 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 20 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 21 Chicago trip
- 22 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 23 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 24 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 25 Santa Barbara, California